Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Internet's fucked, doesn't happen often but really annoying when it does. Anyway I can use my phone decently enough, and they have some sort of "emergency" thing where they give me 200gb of data on my phone when that happens, but I also have no fucking idea what 200gb of data is supposed to be cause I just have unlimited data usually so I just do whatever and never looked at how much I use, now I have to pay attention and not open stupid big pictures and videos and what not "in case of".

Guy fixing it comes on wednesday, which is relatively fast, but no idea if it'll be fixed then cause most likely someone fucked with the connections at the hub in the street(like when installing for a new client or whatever) and they have to unfuck that. Hoping it's fixed then otherwise gonna have to use the phone for a while, and it's fucking slow.
200gig is pretty solid for "normal usage". You shouldn't have an issue.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Internet's fucked, doesn't happen often but really annoying when it does. Anyway I can use my phone decently enough, and they have some sort of "emergency" thing where they give me 200gb of data on my phone when that happens, but I also have no fucking idea what 200gb of data is supposed to be cause I just have unlimited data usually so I just do whatever and never looked at how much I use, now I have to pay attention and not open stupid big pictures and videos and what not "in case of".

Guy fixing it comes on wednesday, which is relatively fast, but no idea if it'll be fixed then cause most likely someone fucked with the connections at the hub in the street(like when installing for a new client or whatever) and they have to unfuck that. Hoping it's fixed then otherwise gonna have to use the phone for a while, and it's fucking slow.

Check through your plan details. "Unlimited Data" is usually XGB of high speed data, after which you are throttled to near dial up speeds. That 200GB was probably an increase to your high speed cap.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Check through your plan details. "Unlimited Data" is usually XGB of high speed data, after which you are throttled to near dial up speeds. That 200GB was probably an increase to your high speed cap.
Oh yeah I remember now it being like that before when I had long duration internet issue a few years back, they didn't have the 200gb stuff(well it was a different ISP, their "solution" was to use other people's opened wifi with a special password, but there were few ppl on that ISP and the wifi was terrible in that appartment because of whatever was in the walls I don't know), once I ran out of my normal stuff it just was throttled to shit but was still useable for some things like collecting login bonuses in whatever game I was playing at the time.

Looking at it after a day it seems I used a bit short of 3gb anyway, so seems fine. I'm mostly playing so it doesn't consume much, and since everything is so slow I don't feel like checking videos out so that's probably why it's not using much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh yeah I remember now it being like that before when I had long duration internet issue a few years back, they didn't have the 200gb stuff(well it was a different ISP, their "solution" was to use other people's opened wifi with a special password, but there were few ppl on that ISP and the wifi was terrible in that appartment because of whatever was in the walls I don't know), once I ran out of my normal stuff it just was throttled to shit but was still useable for some things like collecting login bonuses in whatever game I was playing at the time.

Looking at it after a day it seems I used a bit short of 3gb anyway, so seems fine. I'm mostly playing so it doesn't consume much, and since everything is so slow I don't feel like checking videos out so that's probably why it's not using much.
Yeah 200 gig is a pretty insane amount of data if you aren't mass downloading/streaming.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well fuck, guy came in nice and early(good when they tell you it can be anytime from 8AM to 1PM), spent 30mins checking stuff out then figured the issue wasn't at the hub thing in the street like I thought nor at any connection point on the way, so must be somewhere inbetween which means another guy needs to come and fix the whole thing so I have to wait some more. No freeze, big rain or roadwork so it's kinda weird it just died out somehow in the middle, especially since the fiber was installed like 4-5years ago only so it's pretty new stuff. Think I'll go install the ADSL box tomorrow see if it still works and get a 1month sub to some shitty ISP that has no cancellation fee so I get a bit better connection than my phone.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well fuck, guy came in nice and early(good when they tell you it can be anytime from 8AM to 1PM), spent 30mins checking stuff out then figured the issue wasn't at the hub thing in the street like I thought nor at any connection point on the way, so must be somewhere inbetween which means another guy needs to come and fix the whole thing so I have to wait some more. No freeze, big rain or roadwork so it's kinda weird it just died out somehow in the middle, especially since the fiber was installed like 4-5years ago only so it's pretty new stuff. Think I'll go install the ADSL box tomorrow see if it still works and get a 1month sub to some shitty ISP that has no cancellation fee so I get a bit better connection than my phone.
Most likely causes of issues between the work out terminal and the premise include squirrel bites (if aerial), various other critter related issues (if aerial), shovel cuts to the cable (if buried) , a bond that wasn't properly tightened at the termination point, a microbend in the individual fiber itself (not the entire cable), a microbend in the fiber jumper (if it uses one). The list of possible causes between the workout terminal and the central office are too numerous to mention. More likely than not if its a simple fix once they dispatch on it in either case. The question is how long it takes them to get the ticket into the workflow for dispatch.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mr Beast, or rather Youtube's incessant pushing of his videos. I'm just chilling and reliving 80s and 90s music. I play a few songs I like and the algorithm then usually does a good job recommending similar music, I play some of those and soon you end up with a great way to rediscover songs you forgot about. Great use of AI. Except, it also inserts Mr Beast every single time. I've never watched a single video by him and I'm sure the algo knows that, so I can only assume google is pushing that shit in artificially.

1678298628124.png
1678300056662.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Most likely causes of issues between the work out terminal and the premise include squirrel bites (if aerial), various other critter related issues (if aerial), shovel cuts to the cable (if buried) , a bond that wasn't properly tightened at the termination point, a microbend in the individual fiber itself (not the entire cable), a microbend in the fiber jumper (if it uses one). The list of possible causes between the workout terminal and the central office are too numerous to mention. More likely than not if its a simple fix once they dispatch on it in either case. The question is how long it takes them to get the ticket into the workflow for dispatch.
It's underground that's why the common causes wouldn't apply but yeah they might have fucked something when they installed it or whatever. Anyway they sent me a SMS to confirm it'd get fixed "soon", and then 4hours later that they had an actual date, and that's in a whole fucking month. Don't think we have the same definition of soon, but it is what it is, got the ADSL setup so that's something at least, shit fucking packet loss randomly though which is kinda annoying, not unplayable but not great. Better than the phone though. Back to the 2000s internet.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's underground that's why the common causes wouldn't apply but yeah they might have fucked something when they installed it or whatever. Anyway they sent me a SMS to confirm it'd get fixed "soon", and then 4hours later that they had an actual date, and that's in a whole fucking month. Don't think we have the same definition of soon, but it is what it is, got the ADSL setup so that's something at least, shit fucking packet loss randomly though which is kinda annoying, not unplayable but not great. Better than the phone though. Back to the 2000s internet.
In general telcos divide the work load between workout terminal and the house and the workout terminal and the central office. Service tickets usually involve a house technician seeing if the issue is from the terminal to the house and if not, if there is a spare pair/fiber heading back to the central office he can easily swap service to. If it is between the terminal and the central office and no spare will work, then he rolls the trouble back to the cable repair unit.

I dont remember you saying who your provider was, but calling and declaring you work remotely or have a family member with a medical condition that requires frequent connections to medical monitoring stations will usually get your ticket moved into the work load in a day or two.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
just found out patron has discontinued my favorite adult beverage. I don't know why, but it's only been around for a few years and most people have never heard if it, so i'm guessing poor sales because of no advertising.

Roca Patron. Before it came out my goto was Patron Silver. i'm not sophisticated enough to explain what is better about the flavor, but it tastes so much better that the regular patron silver tastes like garbage now. I keep the silver in the fridge because that makes it taste better. My wife once put the roca in there and it made it taste like shit. Even when it got back to room temperature it still tasted bad.

64ccab9d6fe347e11d26e.png

If i'm being honest, I think the higher proof is a big reason. Standard tequila is always 80 proof, this is 90. I've noticed that I tend to prefer higher proofs no matter what the liquor is. So anyway, I drove around monday and bought every bottle in the city. I have tried to order some online but I haven't heard from them since placing the order saturday. I drink about a bottle a month so I've got the rest of the year to find something else.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Try Espolon Silver. Espolon Gold is hot garbage but the silver is very close to Patron.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
So I was googling GIFs for another thread and I ran across this

frozen-freezing.gif

AF means....As Fuck
So this says cold as as fuck

It's like when someone says ATM machine! You dumb cum sucker, ATM literally has machine in it!!

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
My 14 year old daughter.
The end.
My god we're all such idiots at that age but zowie the internet existing now and..

• 3Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

Mr Beast, or rather Youtube's incessant pushing of his videos. I'm just chilling and reliving 80s and 90s music. I play a few songs I like and the algorithm then usually does a good job recommending similar music, I play some of those and soon you end up with a great way to rediscover songs you forgot about. Great use of AI. Except, it also inserts Mr Beast every single time. I've never watched a single video by him and I'm sure the algo knows that, so I can only assume google is pushing that shit in artificially.

View attachment 462192 View attachment 462195
have you click on the "do not recommend channel" option for his channel? heard it is hit or miss for some accounts, but works good for me.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I was googling GIFs for another thread and I ran across this

View attachment 462433

AF means....As Fuck
So this says cold as as fuck

It's like when someone says ATM machine! You dumb cum sucker, ATM literally has machine in it!!

They could be referring to an Ass to Mouth Machine. Like Riley Reed is an ass to mouth machine.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My kid has broken two of my keyboards this month.

1. Got ahold of one I had my closet and bit keys off it in some way where I can't reattach them.
2. Spilled my coffee over my primary keyboard I use for my PCs and now it is dead.

The second one pissed me off the most. I use that one for work and had to get a replacement overnighted.

Sevens

Log Wizard
My kid has broken two of my keyboards this month.

1. Got ahold of one I had my closet and bit keys off it in some way where I can't reattach them.
2. Spilled my coffee over my primary keyboard I use for my PCs and now it is dead.

The second one pissed me off the most. I use that one for work and had to get a replacement overnighted.
Couldn't you have just picked up a cheap Wal Mart keyboard and then just regular ordered one? Or is this some kind of special keyboard?