Whats rustling your jimmies?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It rustles my Roomate's jimmies that I call them "accidents" since technically someone is at fault and could have been avoided. He refers to them as collisions. He rustles my jimmies cause fuck that - accidents are a subset of collisions.
That one gets me too, "accident" implies lack of intent, not lack of fault. Thats why they dont call it on "on purpose"

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
"Yeah, there's water dripping from the ceiling, and my floor is wrecked. You need to come fix this right now!"

"When did you first notice this occurring? Has it been happening for awhile?"

"Oh yeah, since last week. But we were too busy to call you until 4pm on a Friday before a long weekend. You guys will be here right away, right?"
I wish my landlord cared about water damage.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I wish my landlord cared about water damage.
I had one once that was just terrible. We had a leaking shower drain in our upstairs bathroom. We called him and he shows up, cuts a hole in the ceiling to get to the pipes... and then wraps the pipe in tin foil and leaves. Left the hole in the ceiling and everything.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It rustles my Roomate's jimmies that I call them "accidents" since technically someone is at fault and could have been avoided. He refers to them as collisions. He rustles my jimmies cause fuck that - accidents are a subset of collisions.
I know what you mean, I go through the same thing with people who want to change the name of Accidental Discharges into Negligent Discharges.

The only point those people and your roommate have in their favor is that we don't really know the intent of the person who caused it. Maybe it was on purpose? I'm fine with talking about it as if it wasn't planned until we know differently.

mr208

N00b
I know what you mean, I go through the same thing with people who want to change the name of Accidental Discharges into Negligent Discharges.

The only point those people and your roommate have in their favor is that we don't really know the intent of the person who caused it. Maybe it was on purpose? I'm fine with talking about it as if it wasn't planned until we know differently.
True. I'd like to think that most people dont ram into people for sport, but who knows. Maybe that's a post for someone in the "tickle my pickle" thread.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Dude just get one of those transfer decal tattoos and put it on your forehead. Then write a sob story about how you were trans but too scared to come out before Caitlyn Jenner (stunning AND brave) so you acted out against racist sexist white male patriarchy by getting the tattoo but it's now stopping you from becoming the beautiful woman you were born to be.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Everyone is so bored because they are snowed in. Welcome to my world? FFS stop calling, I'm trying to media binge here in case power goes out with the wind starting to pick up. (it's not so much if as when)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Doing tax return, get $183 back from federal and owe state $174. Yay.
That's the perfect tax return. You don't owe anything and you didn't let the government hold on to your excess money interest free all year long. Win/Win.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
... Yes? I'm confused what you mean by that, of course they do? Also, almost everyone has something, even if just a mortgage that taking the money and applying it to nets a better return on it than letting the government hold it for 4-16 months.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I had one once that was just terrible. We had a leaking shower drain in our upstairs bathroom. We called him and he shows up, cuts a hole in the ceiling to get to the pipes... and then wraps the pipe in tin foil and leaves. Left the hole in the ceiling and everything.
rrr_img_123850.jpg
rrr_img_123851.jpg

I wonder if landlords like this guy are surprised when tenants trash their places.