Whats rustling your jimmies?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Current place is absolutely amazing and month to month but the owners are moving soon and I don't know anyone I trust as a roommate here so while I can afford $1250 a month I don't really need a 3/2 for just me. I live in a college town so if I want a place that isnt a shithole or in murderville I'll be looking at a 6-12 month lease minimum on an apartment when I'm ideally getting the fuck out of here the literal instant I'm able to without screwing myself out of this job.
3/2 for $1250? Fuck me I'm sick of Seattle's cost of living. RUSTLED!

I pay $1240 right now for a 2/1 apartment 40 miles outside of town.
frown.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Current place is absolutely amazing and month to month but the owners are moving soon and I don't know anyone I trust as a roommate here so while I can afford $1250 a month I don't really need a 3/2 for just me. I live in a college town so if I want a place that isnt a shithole or in murderville I'll be looking at a 6-12 month lease minimum on an apartment when I'm ideally getting the fuck out of here the literal instant I'm able to without screwing myself out of this job.

frown.png

Taloo_sl

shitlord

frown.png
To be fair I'd be making a lot more in a city like Seattle too. That's also the price they offered "me" because they'd rather I rent it than go through a property management company when they move out of state. They wouldn't really be making money at that price. Closest I've seen similar to the place I'm in rent for $1850-$2200 but they weren't nearly as nice or well located.

If I knew anyone to rent the other rooms to I damn sure would since I'm probably going to pay $700-900 for a 1/1 that isn't a shithole because of the fucking college kids.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

frown.png
I'm about to sign a lease on a condo that's 3/2, for $1095 a month. In a good part of Jax too. Only problem is, and this is something that rustles my jimmies quite hard sometimes, is they have the small round toilets, instead of the "standard" oval toilets, like in public restrooms.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once per year event coming through Houston today and not 30 seconds ago it started FUCKING POURING. Not drizzle. Not a light rain. Fucking end of days type rain.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Hitting it off with an insanely hot chick who is graduating next year with a degree in biomedical engineering and going on a date with her. Before finding out she isn't old enough to drink yet. Bitch, why couldn't you be a few years older?

Taloo_sl

shitlord
A girl that smart that young I'd probably try and keep her around anyway...
I'll admit I'm kind of torn. Intelligent, can carry a conversation, 100lbs soaking wet (if that), gorgeous, "and" single? I'll hang out with her a few more times and see how it goes but fuck dude, I'm 30.
Can't see her until next week anyway. Shit's gone majorly sideways at work and I'll probably clock more than 100 hours before Monday. 26 as of now and I need to do another couple hours of paperwork. My jimmies are experiencing a rustle holocaust.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She's dating someone 10 years older than herself and she can't even drink yet? Yeah, there are issues there. GL bro. Hit and run, but don't get "involved".

Taloo_sl

shitlord
She's dating someone 10 years older than herself and she can't even drink yet? Yeah, there are issues there. GL bro. Hit and run, but don't get "involved".
Eh? We met and then went bowling Sunday. Then on "a" date Monday, that's when our ages came up. I'd guessed about 25, she'd assumed 26ish. She doesn't seem bothered but we literally just met so if she wants to hang out cool, if she wants to go on another date probably not cool. We'll see. I was really just pleasantly surprised to meet someone and have an entire conversation without rolling my eyes. Mutual attraction was just icing on the cake(I thought).

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
People that look down on financial responsibility with comments like "must be nice". My response as time goes on becomes more and more: "yup".

The veteran types who are responsible will tend to nod and acknowledge what they see as a good thing. They share their experience and we compare notes. It's a civil conversation. But there's always some asshat in the group who can't manage their money, has expensive living costs and a litter of kids he can't provide for who thinks you've got God's hand on your shoulder.

I don't knock anyone's struggles or do I weep about any of my troubles. I don't brag and most of what I mention is after being questioned. I'm far from rich by any means.

I do expect people (especially myself) to accept responsibility for the way their own lives are directed. Dealing with those who make excuses for everything is definitely rustling though.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My wife and I both have relatives that act the same way. My brother and sister complain about money but are always stopping for snacks, drinks and they both smoke. I have busted out my calculator to show them what they are spending a month or year but they just ignore it.

My wife's cousin took 7 years to complete her nursing degree and racked up massive debt along the way. She also goes out socially a few times a week. She also complains about money all the time.

She told me several times she wishes her school was paid for like mine( GI bill). Which I remind her that I had to spend 5 years in the Marine Corps first and the military would pay back some of her loans if she joined up.

I don't care how you spend your money but don't complain to me about it when you are making the bad decisions.

Molten Core Raider
One of my wifes ex employees smoked. She whined about trying to quit but didnt have the will power. I had already done the math based on how much she claimed she smoked and once asker her "If I gave you a 2 dollar an hour raise would you quit smoking?" She of course responded with what we all know to be bullshit and said "hell yes, cold turkey today" I responded, quiit smoking cold turkey today and it is just like getting a 2 dollar an hour raise. She didnt quit. Not smoking anyways, thankfully she found another job.

Used to drive me crazy. Whined she wanted more hours, more money, etc, wasted it on cigarettes and junk food, called in to work quite often and whined she never had any money.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't care how you spend your money but don't complain to me about it when you are making the bad decisions.
This.

I have buddies in the trade that live responsibly like myself but have hobbies like gambling. It seems irresponsible but they always say things like "I use play money" or "the bills come first". They learned how to play blackjack and poker, and avoid things like the slots. I don't break their balls about it one bit.

Half the people I know with money troubles are burning it on lottery tickets and scratch-offs.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My Droid Turbo phone. I randomly miss calls - they go straight to voice mail. The phone is right here next to me.
"Recent" call list takes awhile to refresh. Texts don't always sound off.
Sometimes it makes noise and sometimes it doesn't.
Tuesday night at 11pm I get a voice mail notification that was made at 10am Monday for an interview request for Wednesday with a cool job but with a recruiter that has a reputation for being impatient. If I miss my one opportunity .. rustled.
Earlier that day Tuesday I checked both voice mails and recently called and nothing.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
always stopping for snacks, drinks
Yeah, fast food is a big spender for me, I need to quit eating it for multiple reasons, my health being number 1. I know I could cook at home for like 40 bucks a week, but thats only a couple meals out.

Jimmy rustler is my work laptop. It has a touch screen, and I need patients to sign documents on it, but if you touch it with anything but the pen, say the meaty part of your palm, it gets all screwy.