Whats rustling your jimmies?

Fadaar

That guy
Or just put a small wad of paper on top of the water before you crap.
Nuclear-Mind-Blown.jpg

Neki

Molten Core Raider
What really REALLY rustle my jimmies is when I have a discussion or argument with someone and they end it saying 'whatever'. Not only jimmies are rustled, I want to take said jimmies and strangle the person with it.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
What really REALLY rustle my jimmies is when I have a discussion or argument with someone and they end it saying 'whatever'. Not only jimmies are rustled, I want to take said jimmies and strangle the person with it.
Don't get jimmies rustled, that ending is their dismissive way of saying "You win".

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Also this:

Someone: Hey, can I ask you something/I've got something important to ask you/Can we discuss something?
You: "Got your full attention" Ok, what's up?
Someone: "Thinks for a moment" You know what? It's ok. It's nothing.
You: ...

FUCK YOU, JUST SAY IT

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not as bad as; "Well that's you're opinion", "to each their own", and "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree".

No motherfucker, you were wrong, you're still wrong. It's not my opinion, it's not my belief, it's how things work and you're wrong.

I'm normally pretty cool about an argument and let it go. However, soon as friend says any of the phrases above, that's when I pull out references and I get obnoxious. Jimmies definitely rustled.

The other thing, kind of similar to the above. Talking to some dumbass that can't have an intellectual conversation/discussion.

Me: "I'm really not sure about the new XYZ policy I wonder what the implications of XYZ are."
Jimmies Rustler: "Why are you so upset at XYZ?".
The discussion ends right there.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I had a really good orthopedist when I broke my wrist many years ago. My orthopedist for my knee surgery in korea was also very good...that is, until he wanted to video interview me to use for teaching because the case was rare. He asked if my symptoms are gone and I said yeah, but I have lots of pain from the surgery still. He told me not to mention that part on tape despite the severity. Basically he wanted to use it to show other doctors how great he is, while dismissing my post surgery problems. Korean man

Every other doctor I've had has been fairly useless. I find it rare for a doctor to perform better diagnostically than an Internet search. Not to say there aren't good ones, but as with all professions, finding an actual competent person is the exception.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This is coming from the person who had to go to Korea to find a bottom of the barrel job and get turned down by broke-ass, starving foreigners. So yes, please share with me your opinion of incompetent doctors.

Please note, I do think many doctors are incompetent, but I'm also qualified to make that decision. Well, not so much competent as lazy. I had a horrible day today, and am still miffed about an oncologist that refused to admit a patient that was severely anemic (Hb = 6.1, platelets = 5, etc) who was receiving chemotherapy from said doctor. The chemo caused this, it's an accepted effect, but the doc refused to admit them and transfuse them. Fucking bullshit. The notion that you, on the other hand, are remotely qualified to determine an (American) doctor's knowledge or competency is hilariously remote. Similarly, I wouldn't begin to judge what it takes to be a good waiter at a chain resturant, Dabamf.)

I'm really not trying to be a prick, but the mere idea that you are remotely able to either internet diagnose yourself or judge a professional's competency on anything other than the most simple of issues is just ridiculous. No offense, but you aren't a professional *anything*, and you simply have no understanding of the many tens of thousands of hours of experience it takes to get there.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What is this...did your girlfriend die again?
Nope. Merely pointing out that someone with basically no science education is in no way qualified to judge the competency of a medical professional. Similarly, I wouldn't look at a bridge or a building and criticize its architecture. Honestly not trying to be a prick.

panda_assassin

Molten Core Raider
Dude, you don't need to be a doctor to judge the competency/incompetency of a doctor. Same as even if you don't know shit about cars you can still spot a bad mechanic as soon as they pop the hood.

Edit to respond to my neg:

I'm sure you could wreck my ass with your medical knowledge, but I've also seen my share of tarded docs do dangerous and stupid things. I think doctors get way overly shit on with people expecting them to know the answers to everything immediately. Still though I take issue with only doctors can judge other doctors B.S.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
i went to a family doctor to remove a plantar's wart when i was 17 4 different times in a few months for freeze treament (was painful)and it still came back.

looked on internet and it said use hydrogen peroxide on it (was painless) was gone forever within 5 days.

that doctor was a faggot, all pras internet.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i went to a family doctor to remove a plantar's wart when i was 17 4 different times in a few months for freeze treament (was painful)and it still came back.

looked on internet and it said use hydrogen peroxide on it (was painless) was gone forever within 5 days.

that doctor was a faggot, all pras internet.
Hehe, equivocation of all warts and treatments like a boss. Nice attempt at neg farming, Swaggy - already got my neg earlier though
smile.png

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dude, you don't need to be a doctor to judge the competency/incompetency of a doctor. Same as even if you don't know shit about cars you can still spot a bad mechanic as soon as they pop the hood.

Edit to respond to my neg:

I'm sure you could wreck my ass with your medical knowledge, but I've also seen my share of tarded docs do dangerous and stupid things. I think doctors get way overly shit on with people expecting them to know the answers to everything immediately. Still though I take issue with only doctors can judge other doctors B.S.
This. You dont need to be an expert in a field to know people are bullshitting or incompetent.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This. You dont need to be an expert in a field to know people are bullshitting or incompetent.
That's a pretty open ended and non-falsifiable statement. The more you know, the more you realize you don't know anything. Saying one can be the judge of everyone and everything they know puts one in the less flattering end of the spectrum. Which one is it for you, and when do you draw the line? Comon now, Big P, you can do better than agreeing with this popular nonsense.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ok maybe I should of worded the statement like this;

"as long as you are a sound and rational person who can come to logical conclusions(obviously ignoring discussions like nuclear weapons design or brain surgery), you do not need to be a certified expert or have 20 years experience to know when someone is bullshitting you"

It doesnt take a genius to see when people are going through the motions or just half assing it for whatever reason or even just not know what the hell they are doing. Plenty of idiots rise to positions of authority or esteem in our society.

panda_assassin

Molten Core Raider
"Your analogy is bad, equivocation fallacy. There is a vast difference in education level between you, a mechanic and a physician. Peer review. It's there for a reason. You're not a peer in any professional medical sense"

Actually I was responding as a medic/ff with a 4 yr diploma so you can't trash me that way, although yes I can't rewire a car for shit as much as I try : (... so I don't think my analogy was all that off.... The amount shite of I don't know scares the hell out of me and leads me to learn as much as I can, because anybody worth a damn in their field does the same thing.