Whats rustling your jimmies?

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It rustles me that bringing up any even slightly politicized issue turns off the logical part of most people's brains, even in otherwise intelligent people.

How great is it that we don't get polio and smallpox?
Pretty fucking great!
Does that mean all vaccines should be universally considered miracle drugs that we should instantly guzzle at every possible opportunity?
No.
Are pharmaceutical companies charities that literally hate money and exist only to research and produce their miracle drugs for free?
No.
Because something only costs $20, does that mean that there's no profit in peddling it to literally every human on the planet?
No.
When someone is trying to sell you something, do they usually have your best interests in mind?
No.
Before you go injecting yourself and your families with something, should you critically evaluate the possible outcomes?
"OMG fucking anti-vaxxer! SHAME SHAME SHAME!"
or alternatively
"OMG, the mercuries will autism your aspies!"

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Was out of town, and stopped by a Fazoli's in Newport News VA. Now I know it's shitty fast food in the form of pasta, etc so expectations are very low to start with.

I go in, and every single worker there is a 350+ lb woman. Some missing teeth. I usually don't judge a book by the cover, but when you get that large and don't take care of yourself in the slightest, you're not going to have a good work ethic either. Probably don't wash your hands after shitting either.

Only one person ahead of us, but it took 20 minutes just for us to start ordering. Cashier just moving sloooow, looks pissed at having to work.

Then they were out of pizza. "Will you make more?" No, we're out. welp ok

Food took another 20 minutes, which is slow for what this place is supposed to be. When they came out, food was dropped off. One person left, one dish left. "Who ordered this one?" I don't know, maybe the one person at the table who doesn't have their shiat yet? No breadsticks either, they're supposed to come with everything. Apparently they forgot ours.

NO FORKS. There were no clean forks, we had to use plastic drive through forks. Too much effort to clean stuff I guess.

Of course the coke machine at the self service spot has no coke, why would it? They did not offer to fix it. "There's lemonade left I think..." Uh, can you just fill it at the drive through machine? "Ohhh!!"

I just can't wrap my head around how shitty some places can get and still be open.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Technology not working.

But seriously: I need help:

I'm basically locked out of my computer and am stumped, asking the community:
My keys are doing alternate functions
If I type R, Run Command window pops up; N turns on Windows Narrator; P opens Project Window - etc
A phone Google reveals these commands are all Win+Letter
After cleaning and ensuring keys aren't sticking, problem still occurs.
I purchase new keyboard - still happens.

What's the deal? Any ideas?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Technology not working.

If I type R, Run Command window pops up; N turns on Windows Narrator; P opens Project Window - etc

Some sort of accessibility keyboard (windows on-screen keyboard) having a forced windows key toggle or something? Try a different input port for the keyboard?

Edit- and try unplugging any USB input devices including things like controllers. Toggling disable/enable on the various input devices in the device manager might be worth trying to locate the source

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Technology not working.

My keyboard does funny shit like that when it gets Fn locked... Toggled by hitting Fn+ESC.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some sort of accessibility keyboard (windows on-screen keyboard) having a forced windows key toggle or something? Try a different input port for the keyboard?

Edit- and try unplugging any USB input devices including things like controllers. Toggling disable/enable on the various input devices in the device manager might be worth trying to locate the source
The new keyboard I tried was in a different port. Only other things in place are mouse and speakers.
I'll still look into it when I get home. Thanks for suggestions.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Tried it. Nope

No idea then. Only things I can suggest are to see if the problem persists in safe mode and troubleshoot from there based on the results. If it's not present in it, it's likely some software interfering with things. A windows repair might be necessary.

There's also no shortage of search results for the issue. worth checking them out

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
got my morphine refill today, every month i split it up into two bottles as a way to help me ration my intake.

when i went to count out the pills, i realized fucking Walgreens shorted me by 60 pills. gave me 120 (4/day worth) instead of the 180 my prescription was written for.

good thing i caught it quick at least, but now i have to go back to the pharmacy and hope that they didn't short me just so they could slip it in their own pockets...

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
got my morphine refill today, every month i split it up into two bottles as a way to help me ration my intake.

when i went to count out the pills, i realized fucking Walgreens shorted me by 60 pills. gave me 120 (4/day worth) instead of the 180 my prescription was written for.

good thing i caught it quick at least, but now i have to go back to the pharmacy and hope that they didn't short me just so they could slip it in their own pockets...
Man, I hope they actually typed it on the label that they only gave you 120. I don't even know how I'd begin to argue that I got shorted something like morphine with a pharmacy. You know they probably get sketchy fuckers trying that fairly often. Not saying you are, but you know what I mean. They are probably gonna immediately jump to being both defensive (that they wouldn't dare fuck up) and skeptical (that you aren't just selling them). Good luck, I hope it works out, let us know!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Man, I hope they actually typed it on the label that they only gave you 120. I don't even know how I'd begin to argue that I got shorted something like morphine with a pharmacy. You know they probably get sketchy fuckers trying that fairly often. Not saying you are, but you know what I mean. They are probably gonna immediately jump to being both defensive (that they wouldn't dare fuck up) and skeptical (that you aren't just selling them). Good luck, I hope it works out, let us know!

it was actually pretty easy, tho the pharmacy tech and the pharmacist both skeptically smirked at me at first. they went back and counted their big jar of pills and realized they had extra in there, gave 'em to me and apologized.

those smirks did piss me off tho, i passive aggressively mentioned the smirk to the pharmacist as i was leaving. i use that pharmacy a lot so i probably shouldn't have, but i was pretty rustled on the way in and it hadn't worn off yet. i was ready to start accusing the workers of pocketing them if they gave me any trouble.

• 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Having to take a whole day off work to wait around for a package from FedEx. Having a bunch of belongings shipped to my new address and said it was gonna get delivered tomorrow but woke up today with it being out for delivery. Now Im stuck here with nothing and afraid to make a 15 min run to the store cause that's exactly when it'll show up.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm selling several things on a a buy/sell website in a small market. All extremely well priced and I still have to deal with a bunch of tire-kickers, obvious scammers, lowballers (despite listing as firm) and a bunch of other annoyances. I'm also limited to one of the smaller sites due to refusing to use Facebook which is the main one used around here for its marketplace.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
it was actually pretty easy, tho the pharmacy tech and the pharmacist both skeptically smirked at me at first. they went back and counted their big jar of pills and realized they had extra in there, gave 'em to me and apologized.

those smirks did piss me off tho, i passive aggressively mentioned the smirk to the pharmacist as i was leaving. i use that pharmacy a lot so i probably shouldn't have, but i was pretty rustled on the way in and it hadn't worn off yet. i was ready to start accusing the workers of pocketing them if they gave me any trouble.

So you're going to dump and count them from now on before you leave the store? How long will you be on them? The smirks woulda pissed me off too. Because if an employee had pocketed them you'd be shit outta luck. What would your next step have been? Call the cops since someone stole narcotics from you?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So you're going to dump and count them from now on before you leave the store? How long will you be on them? The smirks woulda pissed me off too. Because if an employee had pocketed them you'd be shit outta luck. What would your next step have been? Call the cops since someone stole narcotics from you?

Don't think I'll go so far as to dump and count them right there in the store, it's the first time I've been shorted there in years of going to this Walgreens. Next step would have been calling Walgreen corporate and trying to get them to investigate this branch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can probably just check the size of the bag, I'd assume a difference of 60pills out of 180 would be fairly easy to spot right away. Obviously they might short you of 10 or whatever and that'd be annoying but seems it wasn't on purpose so if they fuck it up again it'd be a noticeable amount again, like they're used to 120 prescriptions or whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Put together all the parts for PC I want to build on amazon and they're trying to charge me 7.4% sales tax when everything I can google says it should only be 5.75%.

MaximumOver-rustle.gif

Edit: Ended up ordering everything from newegg instead, rustlage has decreased.

Last edited:
  • 1Like