Whats rustling your jimmies?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not to rustle a jimminity - but why are you sole? Where you to be the one to divide up the estate? And now you are not? Then..yeah expect some rage and perhaps legal action.

Are you sole because the family members preparation was old and out dated? See above... was it because they just got passed at Janet on Monday and forgot to fix it on Thursday? See above.

Or was it because of true and proper intent of the 'estate'

Then... well just expect butthurt and feigned legal resource but know- the point of it all... "proper" or not... Is to do what the person who is passing wants.
I am the intended sole recipient of everything, not intended to be divvied up. She's not dead yet, but you know when it's getting close because you get a call from their lawyer.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Friend texts me picture of toy and "I'm sorry we couldn't make it to your child's birthday party. I bought this, we'll bring it next time we're over"

Well my child and i ended up going over to his place, two birds one stone because i had to deliver something anyway, and he tells us that he never bought anything because he knew he wasn't coming to the party.

And that's the rub. It's not just this story. It's not just this person. It's people fucking lying instead of telling the truth. If you want to do that, don't cover with something actionable. But better yet, tell the truth. You don't have to get detailed or whatever.

If can't afford a birthday present because you quit your job but still smoke two packs a day plus a case, just fucking say it. I paid in advance for your tickets to fun zone. Just fucking come.
Don't not go to a wedding because you don't want to buy a suit but instead tell us your car is having problems so we send a ride out to you.
Don't tell us you're sick so we head over to pick up child so you don't have to.
Etc etc
Rustle

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Friend texts me picture of toy and "I'm sorry we couldn't make it to your child's birthday party. I bought this, we'll bring it next time we're over"

Well my child and i ended up going over to his place, two birds one stone because i had to deliver something anyway, and he tells us that he never bought anything because he knew he wasn't coming to the party.

And that's the rub. It's not just this story. It's not just this person. It's people fucking lying instead of telling the truth. If you want to do that, don't cover with something actionable. But better yet, tell the truth. You don't have to get detailed or whatever.

If can't afford a birthday present because you quit your job but still smoke two packs a day plus a case, just fucking say it. I paid in advance for your tickets to fun zone. Just fucking come.
Don't not go to a wedding because you don't want to buy a suit but instead tell us your car is having problems so we send a ride out to you.
Don't tell us you're sick so we head over to pick up child so you don't have to.
Etc etc
Rustle

From reading all your rustles, you need some new friends bro.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I've probably said this before, but people who have their sound turned on on their phone in public. Get fucked, you asshole. I don't want to hear what dumb shit you're listening to.
This has been rustling lately so I fight back now. I load up some Metallica and turn the volume to max. Fuck your mariachi shit.

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Dealing with aging family members, wills, DNR, inheritance. Dementia. Fuck. It's stupid how money and who people determine "worthy" of it can ruin family relationships. I'm looking to be the sole person to inherit an estate and it's making people in my family exceedingly ugly. I didn't ask for this, and I'm especially not going to "share" with folks being ridiculous and butt hurt.

I remember seeing that sort of ugliness with one side of my family. Someone would die and literally right after the funeral people would go to their house to pick it over like vultures. That was the proper mourning period, right after the burial. Showing up in their suits and sunday dresses hauling furniture around. Then after the looting, the men folks would head back to the gravesite to put the dirt back in and haul away the extra. Apparently that was a tradition, but it also saved money because you didn't have to pay the funeral home to do it. If you have a real conscientious relative, they'd save the dirt and come back in a few weeks after it settled to fill it in again.

The other side of my family was the exact opposite. Grandpa actually had a lot of money and nice (or at least cool) things and my aunt was all but begging people to come get anything they wanted. My unprofessional estate advice to the make the richest, most successful person you know the executor of your estate. I'm sure that's what's up here. The aged family member probably knows acidfly was prior amod and cannot be corrupted.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Her estate is literally only bank accounts. Her property is in an irrevocable trust to her son, my uncle. That's just the house, nothing in it, but she doesn't exactly have much anyway (just beds, recliners, normal stuff). She wasn't a purveyor in fine goods, just stockpiled money.

I dunno. We'll see how it actually plays out.

joz123

Potato del Grande
My grand parents never made a will so everything is up for grabs. My grandpa told me he wanted to leave his Roadrunner car to me but my asshole aunt grabbed anything valuable.

whoo

<Silver Donator>
Not to rustle a jimminity - but why are you sole? Where you to be the one to divide up the estate? And now you are not? Then..yeah expect some rage and perhaps legal action.

Are you sole because the family members preparation was old and out dated? See above... was it because they just got passed at Janet on Monday and forgot to fix it on Thursday? See above.

Or was it because of true and proper intent of the 'estate'

Then... well just expect butthurt and feigned legal resource but know- the point of it all... "proper" or not... Is to do what the person who is passing wants.

FWIW, my entire family has "no contesting" clauses in our wills. If anyone contests the provisions in the will, they are immediately disqualified and forfiet any claim.

The only way around this is if the will is proven to be fraudulent (assuming it's written properly)

• 1Worf

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
There’s no will drama (nobody has any money in my family) involved but the majority of the elders in my family finally decided to put my grandmother in an assisted living facility. She’s been going downward for the past few years. When I visited a few months ago she said “I don’t know where your grandpa is. Maybe he’s coming back from golfing.”

All I could think was “I know exactly where grandpa is. He’s been in the same spot since 2003”

Anyway a few other of my kin got really upset about the decision and they’re all getting their feathers rustled about how family is suppose to take care of family. My aunt has been pretty much taking care of her for the past decade since they live in the same house so I wonder if that logic carries over to think about her since she has to still work 50 hours a week and then go home and deal with taking care of this shell that used to be her mom. Shit’s fucked up.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Dont have internet at the house for a minute, rented a redbox to pass the time. Turns out my laptop doesnt have a DVD drive.

• 5Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My boss effectively stole a couple hundred dollars from me out of my last paycheck. Told me 'something happened to the check' and gave me a handwritten check instead for what it would've been after taxes. Took him at his word and somewhat assumed that when I got my check tonight it would show the taxes withheld from the last pay period too but those extra withholdings are missing from the year to date totals...

• 2Rustled

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
My boss effectively stole a couple hundred dollars from me out of my last paycheck. Told me 'something happened to the check' and gave me a handwritten check instead for what it would've been after taxes. Took him at his word and somewhat assumed that when I got my check tonight it would show the taxes withheld from the last pay period too but those extra withholdings are missing from the year to date totals...

What in the fuck do you do for a living that 'something happened to your check' is even a tolerable description about a paycheck?

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What in the fuck do you do for a living that 'something happened to your check' is even a tolerable description about a paycheck?

I work at a restaurant. He still gave me a check it just wasn't a payroll check with the paystub attached, just a handwritten check for "the amount after taxes" (and it was for the amount it would've been after taxes came out). I figured 'something happened to your check' could've meant they spilled something on it or it was for the wrong hours or w/e, altho I kinda suspected he might pull some fuckery too since he was bitching about financials the week of the paycheck in question.

Probably gonna see what he says about it on Monday or Tuesday and if I don't like the answer then time to start applying elsewhere and enjoy some WoW poopsocking til I get a new job I guess.

• 2WTF

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I work at a restaurant. He still gave me a check it just wasn't a payroll check with the paystub attached, just a handwritten check for "the amount after taxes" (and it was for the amount it would've been after taxes came out). I figured 'something happened to your check' could've meant they spilled something on it or it was for the wrong hours or w/e, altho I kinda suspected he might pull some fuckery too since he was bitching about financials the week of the paycheck in question.

Probably gonna see what he says about it on Monday or Tuesday and if I don't like the answer then time to start applying elsewhere and enjoy some WoW poopsocking til I get a new job I guess.

Guy.. fuck. There's a lot of really weird assumptions going on here.

If you work for an employer who cuts payroll checks in the first place, any kind of 'Whoops! All Crunchberries!' explanation for why your pay is wrong is horseshit. You spill something on it or lose it or whatever, you cut a new check and void the old one. This is your goddamn livelihood; why are you OK with your employer shrugging their shoulders and saying 'IDK it's fucked up, man.'

And if I'm reading this right, you didn't ask what it meant when they said 'something happened to your check?'

I'm not giving you shit here, but I'm not understanding what kind of answer you have to wait on until Monday or Tuesday to understand this is a bullshit job.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well, the check in question was from 2 weeks ago. He had never screwed me over before on payroll stuff so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm waiting til Monday cause I got my most recent check tonight when we were closing and figured i'd see if the withholdings from the previous check showed up on the YTD totals, and when I got home and compared them, they don't.

I could probably text him tomorrow but I figured i'd wait til Monday when he's working (restaurant is closed on Sundays).

My take-home pay wasn't really wrong, just my taxes (which I guess are partly take-home delayed til tax return time and i'm old enough for SS collections). If it would've just been a check for 50 hours instead of 80 I would've had a problem with it that night (had an employer a few years ago try to cheat me out of 10 hours, 5 overtime and claim "oh, I read your hours as "x's" hours").

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Well, the check in question was from 2 weeks ago. He had never screwed me over before on payroll stuff so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm waiting til Monday cause I got my most recent check tonight when we were closing and figured i'd see if the withholdings from the previous check showed up on the YTD totals, and when I got home and compared them, they don't.

I could probably text him tomorrow but I figured i'd wait til Monday when he's working (restaurant is closed on Sundays).

My take-home pay wasn't really wrong, just my taxes (which I guess are partly take-home delayed til tax return time and i'm old enough for SS collections). If it would've just been a check for 50 hours instead of 80 I would've had a problem with it that night (had an employer a few years ago try to cheat me out of 10 hours, 5 overtime and claim "oh, I read your hours as "x's" hours").

Did you get a personal check in lieu of a paycheck?