Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Got a message from Amazon that a problem occurred during shipping and my package was undeliverable, that they are returning it, and I will be issued a refund in 3 to 5 days. WTF. Why not hold onto it until it becomes deliverable? If I order again will the same thing happen?

I suspect it was damaged, but why not say so.

Was it from china? I've seen that in stuff from china. I think it means it was confiscated at customs or something.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What the fuck? Has anyone been able to find Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper? That shit has been missing from store shelves for months now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's been years since I've seen that. All the flavored Coke Zero is recently gone as well. Had to buy a flavored syrup to supplement regular Coke Zero.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mentioned this a while back in the fast food thread but yeah, varieties of Coke have basically been non-existent for almost a year now at my store. Just now, we’re starting to see the zero sugar variants show up again (pretty much just the cherry and very rarely the cherry vanilla). I haven’t seen any form of Dr Pepper cherry since the pandemic and sometimes there’s no form of Dr Pepper at all. The last month or so, it’s been back in regular and diet and this past week the glorious Dr Pepper cream has made a return in regular as well. Still no sign of the cherry, though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Weird. My local convenient store always has a ton of different Coke variants. We had some diet orange, cinnamon, always see cherry vanilla, diet and zero versions. I'll need to snap a photo next time. During the winter apocalypse, the entire Coke shelf was empty save a few of some random nasty flavor I can't remember the name of.

Wasn't there some Dr Pepper distribution shenanigans going on in the last couple years? Want to say they discontinued a bunch of varients and reduced distribution area.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dr Pepper I remember reading an article about some distro problems, and Coke was the one about to trim out a bunch of variants, though I think a lot of them were the new Diet Coke flavors and a bunch of stuff from the offshoot brands.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I saw Diet Cherry Coke for the first time since early Covid this last week. Same on no Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. :/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I said diet.
Still causes diabetes apparently, "diet" soda is just bullshit marketting. As long as you drink it cause you enjoy the taste and not because you think it's healthy though, it's all fine(well if you drink a ton it's not fine, like really anything besides water).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Still causes diabetes apparently, "diet" soda is just bullshit marketting. As long as you drink it cause you enjoy the taste and not because you think it's healthy though, it's all fine(well if you drink a ton it's not fine, like really anything besides water).
No, not really. In healthy people, drinking a diet soda is no different than drinking a glass of water. Lard asses switch to diet soda so they can feel better about shoveling more shit down their gullets.

Regular sodas are diabetes in a can, that much is known. Other health benefits from switching to diet include not drenching your mouth sun up to sun down in shit that enamel eating bacteria LOVE to feast on. Brushing 3x a day does fuck all when you are bathing your teeth in sugar every 2 minutes. I cut out sugar-added drinks 20 years ago. Cavities since then? 0.

Fat asses open themselves up to diabeetus just by being fat. A can of cola has 150 calories, and people who cannot moderate their appetites sure as fuck pack these away like no one's business. 10 cans of cola = 1500 calories, which leaves very little in the calorie budget for actual food. Well, you know they feast out daily anyway.

Giant land whales of today pack away 6k+ calories a day. WHOA! Obesity is getting so bad, Wal Mart is replacing their mobility scooters with ultra heavy duty units because fat asses ruined the regular versions.

But, nah...them 0 calorie drinks cause no diabetes in healthy people.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
But, nah...them 0 calorie drinks cause no diabetes in healthy people.
Another argument is that diet colas cause you to crave sugar since, even though they taste sweet, they contain none. Therefore you'll scarf down Snickers bars to make up for it. I say have some god damn self control.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Buy flavored sparkling water, and kombucha. Don't support Coke, they don't support you, plus the 0 calories one's are filled with poison, you guys are just embalming yourselves while being alive. Having said that, the stuff is addicting, I know, my parents bought it in droves and I was addicted to it for more than a decade, it takes a long time to truly wean off of it. If I take a sip of it now, everything about it tastes wrong, mom still drinks it like its water.

Dog napped the SIL's fluffy boy last night, let him sleep on the bed. This morning I take him out for a walk, hop back into bed. Later in the AM, the woman calls me in, "what the heck is this?" Looks like raspberry on the floor...its blood, and some squished up something. Turns out I must have stomped a blood fed tick when taking the dog out. Disgusting, poor little guy was getting drained for probably two or three days, least the bastard didn't get to make use of the meal.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I said diet.

In your case you're being saved from cancer.

No, not really. In healthy people, drinking a diet soda is no different than drinking a glass of water.

No. Artificial sweeteners fuck up your body's insulin response. The sweet taste is what triggers your body to make insulin. When you use the artificial sweeteners your body makes too much. Your body figures this out after a while and starts making less insulin for that sweet taste. Then you eat real sugar again and your body is now not making enough insulin. The same thing is true of HFCS except that with that you have more sugars for the body to deal with. If you got off of real sugar completely and only ate artificial you'd probably be OK (other than the cancer), but no one does that. The diabetes problem we have now is because of HFCS and artificial sweeteners.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No, it really doesn't. Fucker explained some of it well. I know that was the common thought a few years ago, likely perpetuated on reddit or 4chan or something, but it doesn't. It takes nothing more than checking your blood sugar after drinking it to prove it. I'm at risk for diabetes because of my dad and because I ate like shit much of my life, so I've gone through periods where they had me check it extensively to monitor stuff like insulin reaction/resistance, etc. Drinking a normal soda vs. a diet soda (and nothing else, so you know nothing else is interfering) is night and day in terms of what it does to your blood sugar. There is no "your body still thinks it is sugar so it produces insulin anyway", nor is there any other "tricking" of your body. It is not sugar, and it doesn't affect your blood sugar any more than water does. You can debate the healthiness of all the chemicals and caffeine, but that's a different subject. Bottom line, switching to diet makes a difference in staving off diabetes. You can still get it if everything else you eat is shit, obviously, but it isn't going to be as quick as if you drank sugar sodas as well.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No. Artificial sweeteners fuck up your body's insulin response. The sweet taste is what triggers your body to make insulin. When you use the artificial sweeteners your body makes too much. Your body figures this out after a while and starts making less insulin for that sweet taste. Then you eat real sugar again and your body is now not making enough insulin. The same thing is true of HFCS except that with that you have more sugars for the body to deal with. If you got off of real sugar completely and only ate artificial you'd probably be OK (other than the cancer), but no one does that. The diabetes problem we have now is because of HFCS and artificial sweeteners.
Again, no. If you have some scientific studies to back that up, then by all means please show us. But your statement is exactly what was touted a few years ago here and elsewhere on the internet. It is not true. Sweet taste doesn't trigger insulin. Sugar does. And sure, when I say "sugar" that includes high fructose corn syrup because...spoiler alert...fructose is still a form of sugar. Technically sucralose and other artificial sweeteners are too, just so you don't try to get pedantic on me. But the difference is that you need something on the order of 1/1000th the amount of sucralose to get the same sweet taste. So you only need (being totally unscientific here on purpose) about 1/1000th the amount of insulin. Which is not going to cause diabetes in anyone.

If you disagree, show me something that isn't just someone else's opinion on the internet.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Some chick that I work with (I know it's the fuckin project manager.)reported me to HR. I can not make this up. For having a demonic picture in my AD profile. I've been asked to remove it. Going to put a doo-rag picture of myself there to replace.

Here's the picture.

BrahamDevilWorship.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 6 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Some chick that I work with (I know it's the fuckin project manager.)reported me to HR. I can not make this up. For having a demonic picture in my AD profile. I've been asked to remove it. Going to put a doo-rag picture of myself there to replace.

Here's the picture.

View attachment 342799
BrahamDevilWorship.jpg

This is what upset her and she is a dyke.

EDIT: Now with more meme.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users