Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fun fact: more people drown in elevators than are killed by it falling.
You say this, and actually sorta seen it first hand. One of the research buildings I've worked had a fire riser burst. 16 foot of water in a few hours. Power finally cut, elevator car was in the basement. And in the aftermath I was just thinking about what happened if someone rode it down when it was 6 foot deep before everything started shorting.

20210218_151849.jpg

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
"Hello this is SoandSo calling from BlahBlah Medicare, Medicare costs are rising and we are a supplemental insurance trying to make sure you're not overpaying for medicare."
Okay
"And what is your age?"
I'm 36.
*click*

But... What about my medicare savings!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Some idiot listed a house for sale in my area and has my phone number listed. Real estate agents keep calling me about a house for sale.

• 2Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Companies that make you sign up for an account to buy something online. What happened to guest check-out?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My Aunt and Uncle made me the executor of their will. Beneficiaries are me, my 2 sisters, and 2 of my Uncle's nieces. My mom is explicitly denied anything and everything.

So sometime in my future, I have this experience with 5 carrion women to look forward to. Well, 4....my little sister is chill.

I told my uncle today "Just want to make sure you know what you're signing everyone up for. You should probably name [little sister] if you want someone that's going to be considerate and try to keep everyone happy. I'm just going to tell everyone to read the fucking will and anything that gets squabbled over gets lit on fire in the drive way". He just laughed and said "Yea dude, that's why"

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My Aunt and Uncle made me the executor of their will. Beneficiaries are me, my 2 sisters, and 2 of my Uncle's nieces. My mom is explicitly denied anything and everything.

So sometime in my future, I have this experience with 5 carrion women to look forward to. Well, 4....my little sister is chill.

I told my uncle today "Just want to make sure you know what you're signing everyone up for. You should probably name [little sister] if you want someone that's going to be considerate and try to keep everyone happy. I'm just going to tell everyone to read the fucking will and anything that gets squabbled over gets lit on fire in the drive way". He just laughed and said "Yea dude, that's why"
I appreciate both sides of that. One thing though, especially with close family he should leave them $100 or some other trivial amount so they can't argue he forgot them in the will. My dad told me that probably 45 years ago. He was a lawyer and a judge so unless there is something new or your state is different than ours it's probably good advice.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Death brings out the scum.

After my dad shoved off, mom had all manner of people calling, and some of them indirectly but obviously looking for a handout. Some of them are distant relatives she's never heard from. My siblings were lining up for a cut, but I told them there was nothing waiting for them. They didn't do fuck all during the years dad was sick, and they expect something? Fucking scum of the Earth. I would have had no problem doshing out if they made an effort to help ever. They didn't, so fuck 'em.

A really old and nearly penniless couple sent my mom $10, which I am sure is a lot of cash to them.

I always despised my siblings, now I have overt contempt for them and dance at their misfortunes.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I appreciate both sides of that. One thing though, especially with close family he should leave them $100 or some other trivial amount so they can't argue he forgot them in the will. My dad told me that probably 45 years ago. He was a lawyer and a judge so unless there is something new or your state is different than ours it's probably good advice.

He said explicitly excluded. I don't think a case can be made that they were forgotten when the will says "Fuck that woman in particular".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Work my ass off in the yard etc, finish at 2, looking forward to several hours gaming and a Chinese dinner. Bang migraine , and even with my rx pill end up sleeping until 10 and still sleepy.

Was like my 2nd day off in 40 days..

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Fucking deer, man. All I wanted was a nice cheesesteak sub after a long day of work. I thought I'd run down the road and pick one up before they close at 9pm. The second I got to the single dark, unlit section of the interstate - *BAM* - the fucker sprints out of nowhere , right in front of my old Mini Cooper at 65 mph.

It's the first time I've hit a deer in almost 30 years of driving. Luckily, I'm fine and the Mini seems to be running okay, though there is a nasty dent in the hood. It could've been much worse, had the deer not been fairly small (I think it was either a fawn or a young doe):
Deer-Damage-Mini-Cooper-August2021 (2).jpg

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Fucking deer, man. All I wanted was a nice cheesesteak sub after a long day of work. I thought I'd run down the road and pick one up before they close at 9pm. The second I got to the single dark, unlit section of the interstate - *BAM* - the fucker sprints out of nowhere , right in front of my old Mini Cooper at 65 mph.

It's the first time I've hit a deer in almost 30 years of driving. Luckily, I'm fine and the Mini seems to be running okay, though there is a nasty dent in the hood. It could've been much worse, had the deer not been fairly small (I think it was either a fawn or a young doe):
View attachment 368997
That looks nasty, but not unfixable.

My best friend totaled his Skoda because a wild boar crossed the road while he was doing ~100km/h, airbags open and everything.

You're probably going to find blood spots for a few years though.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard

View attachment 368997
Ex BIL hit a moose in his brand new car. The car lost!

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I bet he was in federal court though. Abbot's mandate means nothing to them.
There are a lot of individual judges requiring masks in court, and some courthouses require masks even though Abbott's order is in place. I dunno, I'm not going to tell a judge that I have a case in his/her court and by the way fuck your masks. I want to win.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 368997

That is a really well built car to take that kind of hit and have minimal damage. Silver lining right? lol

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's still going to be a 4 figure repair. I hit a deer that was basically just a chihuahua on stilts. Dent in the hood and one headlight had the glass cracked. New hood, headlight and paint came to nearly 3 grand. That was just a Chrysler too, not something that has particularly high parts prices. Could probably have DIY'd it for less but my insurance covered it 100% so I was like whatever.