Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
UPS A bunch of subhuman filthy fucking shitskins.

Only fucking Indians via web or phone when i need an actual human.

$1500 package in 2 boxes. They deliver early outside their window so we miss it.

We work so I go thru their email link and presign with instructions to leave at back door. There's a button to indicate to apply to all shipments. I do so. I then this morning logged in to confirm these selections.

Fucking mental midget driver delivers one but holds other for no signature. Same shipper, probably literally had them labeled 2 of 2, but they keep one for final delivery Monday when we work. (Wru Saturday like every other shipper these days). And with my luck whatever new seasonal hire dumb fuck will reject it again and ship it back across the country despite my presign online.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Shit UI design.

Part of a new project at work I have to create a rule in the software we use involving zipcodes. Hundreds of zipcodes.

I have to put each zipcode in one at a time. I cant copy and paste a list or specifcy a range of zipcodes. Each one, one at a time.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit UI design.

Part of a new project at work I have to create a rule in the software we use involving zipcodes. Hundreds of zipcodes.

I have to put each zipcode in one at a time. I cant copy and paste a list or specifcy a range of zipcodes. Each one, one at a time.
If it's the same keystrokes and mouse clicks, just different data, then buy a macro software and load it during lunch or overnight.

• 1Harrow

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If it's the same keystrokes and mouse clicks, just different data, then buy a macro software and load it during lunch or overnight.
Certainly a work around. Ive used auto hotkey before for such issues. Its part of an overall jimmy rustle though in that this software is the paradigm of a company farming out their coding/development to shit tier coders in india and customers having to deal with the results.

For example this software is it has a chat functionality. At random, it will repeat messages you send people sometimes up to 3-4x in a row. In addition to this spam that comes and goes, you are unable to close chat windows. You can back out of the chat, but that chat session will forever be listed in your list of chats in the software. Im probably one of countless people that have reported these issues but they still exists months later.

Another thing these street shitters do is create endless service accounts and then put the password for said service account in the first/last name fields because either they dont have their own management system or are too fucking stupid to use it.

This isnt a fly by night company either. Its been around 20+ years and is a piece of software many companies use.

Last edited:
  • 1Harrow

Janx

<Silver Donator>
A few years back I bought a bunch of Netgear Arlo cameras to use around the house. They work ok and I haven't had any real issues other than occasionally needing to reboot them. I don't subscribe to their premium service as I've never needed the extra features. After a recent firmware update, my cameras have been alerting a lot. I found out that my activity (motion) zones have disappeared and I have no option to add them back. So now shadows moving here and there trigger them. I tried to reach out to support online only to be greeted with a message that support is now for subscribing customers only. So I go to the Arlo community page and find out that the ability to setup activity zones is now a subscriber only service, they just removed it from people who aren't subscribed. That's some sketchy shit. You could remove it going forward but to just blanket remove it from everyone who has had a feature for years rustles my jimmies.

P.S. I have contacted their support once before a while back and it was painful as fuck. Their call center is literally dudes in India reading a script. You can tell them the obvious error message and clearly what the problem is and they have you go through their canned troubleshooting process start to finish.
Weird I've never had a problem with activity zones and thought it was just a wired/vs wireless requirement. Can't set zones wireless but all the ones I have that are in the house and wired I have activity zones set without a sub.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow

Fucker

Log Wizard
Texting people and getting phone calls in response. If I wanted a phone call, that's what I'm starting off with. Somewhat related to the thread's conversation and a certain age group...
Text response to orders or deliveries. I do not need a fucking text to tell me something that I just fucking did. I do not need a fucking text thanking me for my order, and I do not need a fucking text asking me to rate their fucking service. I do not need a text telling me when the fucking driver is going to fucking be here because I own a fucking doorbell. I do not need a text telling me to have a nice fucking day. I should NEVER have to text a reply to fucking confirm a fucking appointment....what is the fucking phone call for that I just fucking used to schedule it? I put in ONE fucking order and received 6 fucking texts about it.

Seriously, people need to fucking stick their texts up their fucking asses.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Weird I've never had a problem with activity zones and thought it was just a wired/vs wireless requirement. Can't set zones wireless but all the ones I have that are in the house and wired I have activity zones set without a sub.
Ok I’ll give it a test. People on the community site seemed to think it wasn’t possible without a sub but my model can do PoE so it’s worth a try.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Certainly a work around. Ive used auto hotkey before for such issues. Its part of an overall jimmy rustle though in that this software is the paradigm of a company farming out their coding/development to shit tier coders in india and customers having to deal with the results.

For example this software is it has a chat functionality. At random, it will repeat messages you send people sometimes up to 3-4x in a row. In addition to this spam that comes and goes, you are unable to close chat windows. You can back out of the chat, but that chat session will forever be listed in your list of chats in the software. Im probably one of countless people that have reported these issues but they still exists months later.

Another thing these street shitters do is create endless service accounts and then put the password for said service account in the first/last name fields because either they dont have their own management system or are too fucking stupid to use it.

This isnt a fly by night company either. Its been around 20+ years and is a piece of software many companies use.
OK, well.. you might be working for the Devil. Sorry to say it, but if this is a piece of shit spamware program, then maybe you need to use a macro to load everything wrong. Just sayin. And this IS a totally fly by night company, just because lots of companies use it, doesn't mean it's a shit company..

I can't wait to have my perpetual chat logs with scammers with me on the record for 200 times in a row just telling someone to 'fuck off and eat shit'

• 1Harrow

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Piece of shit Windows and it's """smart""" software practices. Get asked to help someone, their PC is really slow. Go to check it, it's taking literally two minutes to open a browser. Notice hard disk is pegged at 100% activity. Figure it has some spyware on it, do diagnostics, nothing. Dive into it more, it's the stupid windows background downloader that's hammering the drive downloading some crap no one asked for. Would probably have been fine (or rather not as noticable) if this PC had an SSD but it doesn't.

How about you just download and install this stupid update in one go like we used to do for most of computer history? How about you detect if it has SSD or not, or keep your entirely non-critical program from pegging disk load for minutes on end?

Fuck I remember systems that once the OS has loaded you could take the disk out of the computer because it had actually loaded the programs it needed, and any disc activity after that point was actually suspect because it might well be a virus.

• 1Harrow

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Every Monday, I'm totally unproductive for the first few hours at work because I end up snacking up chips/crackers/bread all weekend long and feel like I've got a stomach full of playdough by Monday. I need to find better weekend snacks.

• 2Harrow

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or just don't snack and eat garbage? Have proper meals and you won't need to fill up on carbs and chemicals.

• 1Harrow

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Or just don't snack and eat garbage? Have proper meals and you won't need to fill up on carbs and chemicals.
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, I make real American breakfasts on Saturday & Sunday and almost always have elk in the crockpot for dinner on Saturday. It's usually my weekend gatherings that do it because we'll have a bunch of chips and pizza out (because I'm tired of cooking 20x bbq chicken breasts or cordon bleu or whatever).

I think I'm just getting more sensitive/aware of it, too. I eat way less carbs than I used to so the stomach ache resulting from it is more noticeable now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Harrow

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Get seriously sick.

Told that its critical that I rest.

Get 3-4 doctor/therapist/counsling apointments per day and get home to a honey-do list of 4 pages "since Im home from work anyhow".

Get told I am not resting enough, and that I MUST REST.

Repeat.

• 1Harrow

joz123

Potato del Grande
HOA.

Fuckers raise the fees for a year and just say it's "due to inflation".

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Harrow

Fucker

Log Wizard
Get seriously sick.

Told that its critical that I rest.

Get 3-4 doctor/therapist/counsling apointments per day and get home to a honey-do list of 4 pages "since Im home from work anyhow".

Get told I am not resting enough, and that I MUST REST.

Repeat.
Sick sucks. I got the flu bad before Covid came out, and I was down for a solid month.

• 1Harrow

joz123

Potato del Grande
I looked at one place that had almost $10k a year in HOA fees. FOR WHAT?
Right now mine is like 240 a month. My condo complex is gated at least but all I really see the cost going to is tree/grass trimming, trash and repaving once a year. It's mandatory bullshit that can't be avoided. Other condos I looked at wanted like 300 a month at least.

• 1Harrow