Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do you follow them back to their office if they try to leave?

I used to growl at people or stare at them with as hateful a glare as I could muster.

Another jimmy rustler. There was a big wreck on the freeway on the way in. An 18 wheeler turned over (fed ex truck) and rolled into the service road. Supposedly there was a fatality, so the entire freeway was shut down for the investigation, and everyone had to pass on service road. It was a 2 lane road, so we still had 1 lane available. Like a normal considerate person I, and almost everyone else, moved over tot he right lane when we saw the left lane was blocked. Well, one asshole decides to run right up to the accident before he moves over. He tried to get in front of me, but I wasn't having any of it. The guy behind me tries to stop him but he starts blowing his horn and moving over anyway as if he's in some sort of all fired hurry and more important than anyone else.

But wait, that alone wouldn't be enough to get me to make this post, cause I see that sort of shit at least once a day every day. I look in my rear view mirror after I pass the accident (expecting jackass to come running up on me hard either because he was pissed or in a hurry or both). But no, what I see is that jackass is rubbernecking. Not just the regular rubbernecking either ... he's come to a complete fucking stop blocking everyone behind him. I lost sight of him about a mile away and never did see him move. I don't remember him ever catching up with me on the freeway either. I hope the guy he cut off got out and beat his ass into the curb. I really do.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You're right. Those 2 things are the same in every important way.

dipshit
Should I feel Iceburn.gif'd here?

You're really sticking with the pro-littering stance here, huh? Well, at least you stand by your convictions. So tell me, if everyone who smoked just tossed their butts on the ground, what would our streets and highways look like?

For that matter, do you just toss them on the floor in your home? I don't see why you wouldn't, they aren't even as bad as taco bell wrappers, right? Who hasn't tried to hit the 3-pointer at the buzzer, but when you miss you wait until you get up to put it in the garbage? Shouldn't be a thang to just toss the butts on the floor until you get up, right?

Litterer: check. Toilet bowl sitter: check. I await further astounding revelations!

W

Wrathcaster

All traffic jimmy-rustling can be alleviated with a sack full of white castle/krystal cheese burgers. My uncle ate a lot of white castle burgers, and one day he got sick of this asshole tailgating him on a four lane highway, so he launched a few out the window at the dude after removing the cheese-side bun from the burger. They're so fucking greasy they can hold together even in a wind tunnel, so the fast food projectiles struck the jackass's windshield completely intact. When the guy tried to turn on his wipers, he only succeeded in spreading cheese and slime all across the windshield. He had to pull over to extricate the burger bombs to continue on the road.

Either you'll force them to pull over, or cause a massive and potentially fatal traffic accident, but he said it was the most satisfying traffic experience in his lifetime.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
All traffic jimmy-rustling can be alleviated with a sack full of white castle/krystal cheese burgers. My uncle ate a lot of white castle burgers, and one day he got sick of this asshole tailgating him on a four lane highway, so he launched a few out the window at the dude after removing the cheese-side bun from the burger. They're so fucking greasy they can hold together even in a wind tunnel, so the fast food projectiles struck the jackass's windshield completely intact. When the guy tried to turn on his wipers, he only succeeded in spreading cheese and slime all across the windshield. He had to pull over to extricate the burger bombs to continue on the road.

Either you'll force them to pull over, or cause a massive and potentially fatal traffic accident, but he said it was the most satisfying traffic experience in his lifetime.
Or just get shot in my part of the world. Either way you won't be worrying about traffic any longer.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
So tell me, if everyone who smoked just tossed their butts on the ground, what would our streets and highways look like?
This pretty much proves my point. Everyone who smokes DOES do this now and you can't even tell because the butts are tiny and you're going 90 mph.

What's your next crusade? Fart pollution?

Borzak

You did used to see a lot more on streets and sidewalks 30 years ago. I don't know if we're just cleaner now or less people smoke.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
They made those crying indian anti litter commercials in the 70's , like 10 years before the oldest generation x ers could even drive. It was all those boomer shitbags who threw their garbage everywhere. maybe all the really shitty entitled boomers croaked off in the last 30 years )

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Smoking rate, in US, amongst adults from 1965-2007 is down about 20% from ~43% to ~23%.

m644a2f.gif

As for jimmie rustling, Firefox v29. Firefox needs to find their balls (that they lost around the time they switched to Chrome-like numbering), stop chasing Chrome and re-establish their own direction.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
You realize you're giving us percentages, right? The number of smokers (which is more relevant to his observation) is pretty much constant. Best I can tell from that chart it was about 70 million in 1965 and about 69 million in 2005.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Back on the traffic, inpatient assholes.

Was in the middle of a intersection waiting to make a left today with a guy behind me and a scion in the opposite lane also making a left. I couldnt really see over the scion so I had to wait until the light went yellow and the scion started making its left so I could make sure no cars where coming to make mine. Well as Im sitting there waiting the guy behind me honks at me to go even though I cant see all of the oncoming lanes. When I finally do turn as Im in the middle of it the scion gets nailed by a guy running a redlight as he made his left. I wonder if the idiot in the truck behind me made the connection like I did.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
You realize you're giving us percentages, right? The number of smokers (which is more relevant to his observation) is pretty much constant. Best I can tell from that chart it was about 70 million in 1965 and about 69 million in 2005.
Yeah they're percents, but I think the numbers are more different than 70M vs 69M.

Taking an average of US Census 1960 + 1970 (179,323,175 + 203,302,031 / 2 = 191,312,603) * .43 of population = ~82M
vs
2000 + 2010 (281,421,906 + 308,745,538 / 2 = 295,083,722) * .23 of pop = ~68M

Averages muddles things a bit, and it also includes children, where as the graph is adults only. Can't find anything quickly on percentage of population of minors vs adults for those census.

Probably varies quite a bit by region and income as well.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
When people use "survived" or "survivor" to describe a situation which has zero chance of actually killing you.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Back on the traffic, inpatient assholes.

Was in the middle of a intersection waiting to make a left today with a guy behind me and a scion in the opposite lane also making a left. I couldnt really see over the scion so I had to wait until the light went yellow and the scion started making its left so I could make sure no cars where coming to make mine. Well as Im sitting there waiting the guy behind me honks at me to go even though I cant see all of the oncoming lanes. When I finally do turn as Im in the middle of it the scion gets nailed by a guy running a redlight as he made his left. I wonder if the idiot in the truck behind me made the connection like I did.
More people need to learn and emply the 'S Approach'

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I remember reading about boondoggle. How the fuck you get a small transport helicopter to cost more than a fucking F-35 is amazing. The people who work for those defense companies have amazing marketers/bullshitters.

Borzak

Just crap in general today lol. I've had to move back in with my parents for a short duration to get over a medical issue (it is getting better) and my parents are beyond nice and cool parents. So I've really been wanting a good cigar as my humidor is too far away. My dad says he can go to town and get a couple of cigars. I say great but they live in a town of 12,000 in rural MS and I was thinking I would get some swisher sweets from wal-mart. WRONG. I got some premium Cohiba and Arture Fuente Cigars from a small store next to the waflle house lol that had a desktop humidor full of premium cigars.

What rustles my jimmies is I stopped in Baton Rouge a few weeks at two different "cigar" places including our supposed best cigar bar while in town to see a Dr. and couldn't find a good quality cigar and my dad goes down next to the waffle house and makes a better score.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
waiting for a dollar pop in front of mcdonald cashier. new cashier station opens. some old man and a little girl gets in the new line. when it was little girl's turn, i stepped in and took over her place cuz she was too small and too unassertive to be noticed. her dad came over and asked for new toy and then turned to me and said you realize there is a little girl behind you? i said, "yeah, i know she is."

i rustled his jimmies.