Wheel of Time series

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never liked the way the Taint was handled in WoT, still makes no sense how a finite thing could corrupt something infinite.

Edit: To clarify, I didn't like how the Taint was cleansed.

Last edited:
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I never liked the way the Taint was handled in WoT, still makes no sense how a finite thing could corrupt something infinite.

Edit: To clarify, I didn't like how the Taint was cleansed.

Well thanks for the spoiler, guess I am done with this thread.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well thanks for the spoiler, guess I am done with this thread.

To be fair man...the books were 1st published 30 years ago. Finishing up like 5 years ago?

But I do hear ya. That would suck for me having that spoiled.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is it really spoiled? Did anyone ever think for 1 moment that saidin wouldn't be cleansed? There are / were plenty of surprises in WoT, but that was never one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rais

Trakanon Raider
How is it really spoiled? Did anyone ever think for 1 moment that saidin wouldn't be cleansed? There are / were plenty of surprises in WoT, but that was never one.

Well, I didn't see E dying. I think that's on par with Saidin being cleansed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I didn't see E dying. I think that's on par with Saidin being cleansed.
Hm, I'd disagree. That death was pretty surprising and I didn't see it, but I also skipped a lot of female PoV's prior to that so may have missed some foreshadowing.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The Battle of Dumai's Wells remains one of my favorite chapters/scenes that I've ever read. So he still has that to look forward to!

Just finished lord of chaos and the battle of Dumai’s Well. It was amazing! I loved the vengeance!

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
My personal favorite character in the series was Matt. he came into his own around dumai's well if i remember correctly-by trying NOT to fight and run away(failing miserably of course- ITS Matt!). Wasn't thrilled how sanderson portrayed him initially, but his version got better. love his interaction with the Imperial princess after he kidnaps her(by accident of course. its Matt!).

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
My personal favorite character in the series was Matt. he came into his own around dumai's well if i remember correctly-by trying NOT to fight and run away(failing miserably of course- ITS Matt!). Wasn't thrilled how sanderson portrayed him initially, but his version got better. love his interaction with the Imperial princess after he kidnaps her(by accident of course. its Matt!).
Mat, not Matt and it was well before Dumai Wells, it was when they had the big battle with the Shaido outside of Cairhern.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
AHH, it has been a while since i read the series i couldn't remember if it was dumai wells or not.

and i always do the dbl t for some reason. been doing that since the books first came OUT.
mostly cuz all the matt's i know use the dbl t.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Mat never stopped trying to run away, more like people gave him paths to choose from. He tried to go his own way as Rand brought the Aiel out of the waste and that just led to a series of encounters that snowballed. All of which he would have not chosen himself. Guess you could say that about Rand and Perrin as well.

Been re reading the series this past week or so, and I've come to see some disappointments with Jordan's storytelling. The biggest is simply the arrogance of all the women, literally ALL of the come off as believing they know best in any given situation. Some others are character specific:

Taim not being Demandred. Its like Jordan intended Taim to be Demandred, but decided to go a different path, which to me ultimately lessened the impact Demandred could have had. The "fight" with Sammael, totally anti-climatic and disappointing given everything preceding it. The foolishness of Cadsuane.

There was an interview with Jordan where, I think, he mentioned that he wanted to show a "fog of war" could effect relationships between people and the decisions they end up making without having all the information. He managed to do that in almost every situation, too much so in my opinion. Most of the characters he wrote had moments where they showed themselves to be reasonable people, but then when they COULD be reasonable and give important information... they do not. Annoying.

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ya imo taim was SUPPOSED to be demandred initially, but then everyone was like

"Taim is Damandred" he changed it just to spite everyone.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
last Book has been out for like 6 years, not like it is not spoiled or anything :)p

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
last Book has been out for like 6 years, not like it is not spoiled or anything :)p

With all due respect

Literature is not consumed in the same way TV, movies and video games are.

It’s very normal for people to read books for the first time decades after they are first published

Perhaps you saw the last few pages about people enjoying this for the first time?

A little consideration for others would be appreciated rather than running roughshod over people trying to enjoy something as you once did.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Nite

Trakanon Raider
My biggest disappointment in the last book:
I was expecting a rematch between Logain and Taim, instead, we ended up having Taim fight against Egwene...