Wheel of Time series

Del

Vyemm Raider
I liked the ending of Winter's Heart also. One of the better climaxes of the series. Now prepare yourself for one of the worst books ever written, Crossroads of Twilight.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I liked the ending of Winter's Heart also. One of the better climaxes of the series. Now prepare yourself for one of the worst books ever written, Crossroads of Twilight.

Definitely the worst book in the series. Not one of the worst written. Jeez.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
i mean it's mediocre, and certainly the worst book in the series, but seems like you may have not read all that many fantasy books.
I have. There are worse, but not many where as little happens as crossroads, which is why I says boring not worst

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i mean it's mediocre, and certainly the worst book in the series, but seems like you may have not read all that many fantasy books.

I think I’ve read well over a hundred and it’s pretty gd boring. It’s not that it’s poorly written or anything it’s just nothing happens.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah...No real advancement. Just a boring book which you go thru with because you have to at this point.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
When I tried forcing myself to read through Winters Heart I finally understood the meaning of the word cuck. And this is why I quit WoT forever because I ain't no cuck.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Crossroads is done, halfway into Knife of Dreams.

At first i was all about the Rand Chapters, now i am only interested in Mat and Tuon. That stuff is great.
Been skipping Elanye chapters and reading the summaries. Meh at some of those whiny bitches....took them 10 books to grind me down into hating those 3 cunts.

This thing is starting to drag...but might just sprint to the finish line. - I have high expectations for Mat and Thom rescue attempt and of course the final battle.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

At first i was all about the Rand Chapters, now i am only interested in Mat and Tuon. That stuff is great.
Been skipping Elanye chapters and reading the summaries. Meh at some of those whiny bitches....took them 10 books to grind me down into hating those 3 cunts.

This thing is starting to drag...but might just sprint to the finish line. - I have high expectations for Mat and Thom rescue attempt and of course the final battle.
Final battle is fantastic. Definitely one of the best final books of a series of this magnitude

• 1Dislike

Del

Vyemm Raider

I was severely disappointed in Sanderson's version of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn and also his version of Mat. Hopefully it's different for you. Knife of Dreams was a good return to form and then Jordan had to fuck it all up by dying. I could really tell the transition between him writing The Gathering Storm and when Sanderson took over. Was very jarring for me personally.

Sterling

El Presidente
I was severely disappointed in Sanderson's version of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn and also his version of Mat. Hopefully it's different for you. Knife of Dreams was a good return to form and then Jordan had to fuck it all up by dying. I could really tell the transition between him writing The Gathering Storm and when Sanderson took over. Was very jarring for me personally.
Sanderson Mat was terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cause he's only good at writing angsty protagonists, and can't pull off anyone who just likes to chill, have a good time, and hit on the ladies. Probably because he's a mormon.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I think Sanderson got better the more he wrote but it was a far cry from Jordans work. Someday I might go back and re-read the whole series

Rais

Trakanon Raider
People want to shit on Sanderson about somethings, but if you listen to some of the podcasts he dances around as to what really happened. It's pretty clear Robert Jordan's wife had about 80% control of what he put in the book. He just didn't want to shit talk her. Pretty much summed up the experience as if he knew, he would have never done it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Honestly mat is my favorite character in the whole series. Loved him and tuon.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
People want to shit on Sanderson about somethings, but if you listen to some of the podcasts he dances around as to what really happened. It's pretty clear Robert Jordan's wife had about 80% control of what he put in the book. He just didn't want to shit talk her. Pretty much summed up the experience as if he knew, he would have never done it.
That's true in general, but he's been on record saying he had a hard time writing Mat specifically.