Wheel of Time

Sterling

El Presidente
Mat having kids is a huge change too. Like his whole thing is acting like he has no attachments and doesn't care even if that's not actual reality.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Morena Baccarin (when she was in V) was the closest actress to what I always imagined Lanfear would look like.

1637173262484.png

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only way to redeem the Perrin married/Mat kids is if one or all of them (wife and kids) die in the first episode from Trollocs. And then they just hand wave it away. Which makes it pointless to begin with.
And the show runner has said many of times he is a huge fan of the series and read the books multiple times, so not an excuse. The reviewer is definitely a moron though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Only way to redeem the Perrin married/Mat kids is if one or all of them (wife and kids) die in the first episode from Trollocs. And then they just hand wave it away. Which makes it pointless to begin with.
And the show runner has said many of times he is a huge fan of the series and read the books multiple times, so not an excuse. The reviewer is definitely a moron though.
Yeah I mean you can pile on this stuff as part of Winternight but I mean it seems unnecessary. I feel like there's already plenty enough motivation for them as it was written.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It would still fuck up their stories. All their actions/interactions in the first few books are based on the fact that they are naive village teens. Having, living or dead, wife/kids just completely changes them. So, Perrin, instead of moaning about Faile, moans about the (dead?) wife back home? Mat's catchphrase isn't "Time to roll the dice" it's now "Time to worry about my children."

• 3Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
lol matt is a single dad? wtf hahaha

after Foundation nothing really surprises me, that show has literally nothing to do with the book other than sharing character names. I expect the same here.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
How can anyone claim to love a story or series and then choose to change giant pieces of that thing they say they love so much?

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
How can anyone claim to love a story or series and then choose to change giant pieces of that thing they say they love so much?
Changing mediums means you'll probably have to make some changes to make the story fit. But these are fundamental base level changes that change the basic story.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going over to the various WoT reddits to see what the sheep were saying was as sad as expected. Lots of copium and hand waving away the changes. Season 1 seems to be entirely about Eye of the World (start to finish), with major changes / characters cut. Going into this series expecting / hoping it will bring the books to life is the wrong way to look at it. Simply forget that the books ever existed, its the best way to set your mind for what it is.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Perrin being married might not be so bad? We can skip all the shitty Faile chapters!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Perrin being married might not be so bad? We can skip all the shitty Faile chapters!

My dude, at least Faile was trying to make a man out of Perrin. This production team will probably have his wife trying to convince him he is really a woman.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I never read the Sanderson stuff and it has been at least a decade since I read the originals.

My wife saw a trailer for this and said she might be interested.

My question is would you rather watch this series with your lady or watch some Hallmark Christmas Movies your lady?

Hallmark movies 100%. I'm expecting both to be utter shit but at least I can save my memories of Jordan's fantastic early writing just the way he intended it. Women have high endurance for shit writing either way so I get to pick my suffering.

They might as well just go to Book 8 from the beginning and match writing to their direction.

To be fair to their creative side, I'm sure they will dedicate massive portions of this newly reimagined story to how powerful the Aes Sedai are, how many warder extras they can fit on screen for the Red Ajah, and dedicate at least one episode to watching the gentling of a false Dragon. Anything to get to the real and super important story of how the Aes Sedai saved the world, not some pig-headed (red?) haired farmer's son. How dare he?!

This is the perfect vehicle for how toxic masculinity destroyed a world...didn't it? It did now.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Anything to get to the real and super important story of how the Aes Sedai saved the world, not some pig-headed (red?) haired farmer's son. How dare he?!

Tam Al'thor...farmer...lol. Technically, yeah. :p

Also, I just read that the actor who plays Mat in season 1 gets replaced in season 2. Wonder what the fuck happened there. Gonna be weird, they look nothing alike.

1637212962946.png

1637212980850.png

Edit: And, for anyone worried about that dumb line saying the Dragon Reborn could be any of the "five", the showrunner said this:

“One thing we’re trying to hide from the audience is who the Dragon Reborn is, it’s the mystery of the show as we start to unravel this story,” he said. “People who have read the books will know, of course.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
well the reviews swear it won't get shut off, and that it at least passes that test. guess we'll see.

forcing a friend to watch the release with me.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I decided not to watch this out the gate. I’ll wait a couple episodes and see what the general consensus is.

If it passes the initial smell test here I’ll give it a go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I decided not to watch this out the gate. I’ll wait a couple episodes and see what the general consensus is.

If it passes the initial smell test here I’ll give it a go.
It will get universal praise amongst critics and panned as trash by the average viewer as usual

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users