• 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

lol

think its egwene, matt, lan, elaine, nynaeve, perrin, and rand
I wonder if this will stick close to the source material or wander off into woke nonsense. If only there were some way to know ahead of time

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
have to remember they are starting with Eye of the World, so no elayne etc. just the original "band" as they set out from the village.

correct order in that picture:

Nynaeve Mat Lan Moiraine Eqwene Perrin Rand

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I do not understand this at all. There has been ZERO main streaming of this IP before now which means this project should be a labor of love for the fans. If the fans love it they will force their friends and families to watch it and it will pick up steam. This is why GoT worked; they started out mirroring the books exactly because no one but the established fans knew what the fuck it was. The fans loved it so much that they made it a huge thing that then blew up into a cultural phenomenon.

Almost all of the fans of WoT are going to hate this. They are going to tell their friends and family not to bother because if the showrunners cannot even commit to casting the main characters even close to their descriptions in the books then why would they believe that they could get Padan Fain, the Seanschan, or the Forsaken right? At this point we should just assume that Elayne will be middle eastern with raven black hair.

Edit: Jesus Christ, if you had any doubt this was going to be garbage look at the description of females in fantasy from the article:
dumb fucking author said:
The Wheel of Time also differentiates itself from those other big-name franchises in the way it highlights its female characters. While Middle-earth's most prominent heroine has to disguise herself as a man, and Westeros' few female conquerors are often facing threats of sexual violence, the world of WoT is essentially matriarchal.

Middle Earth's most prominent heroine is Galadriel, the fucking queen of Lothlorien and certified bad ass. Westeros' females often facing threats of sexual violence is THE FUCKING REALITY OF MIDEVAL SOCIETY. I weep for the state of fantasy.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Annnd from the showrunner himself:

guy who won't get near filming the end of the series said:
"Just as men are often trying to shut down female power in our world, the Aes Sedai are trying to stop this man from becoming too powerful," Judkins says. "If, hypothetically, one of our male characters were able to use the One Power, they understand the stakes of it from what they see of Logain."

Doomed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Jesus fucking christ. I actually like the actress they cast as Moiraine. She looks like a manish toad, though. Should have cast her as nynaeve or something and hand wave all the issues away as a hard early life. Not having someone good looking as moiraine is an absolute shame.

And that directors take on things. How do we best make a escapist fantasy world for people to enjoy? By jaming in woke politics so white men learn to listen!! Get the fuck out of here.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not to mention Moraine's actress is way too tall relative to the other characters. I know relative height doesn't really matter for a lot of stuff, but they point out her small size many, many times in the books.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

lol

think its egwene, matt, lan, elaine, nynaeve, perrin, and rand

That doesn't look very good, the costume look kinda cheap and well the cast look terrible...and I'm generally pretty open minded about this stuff, the fact that I can barely identify who is who speaks volume about the casting.

This will be terrible.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That doesn't look very good, the costume look kinda cheap and well the cast look terrible...and I'm generally pretty open minded about this stuff, the fact that I can barely identify who is who speaks volume about the casting.

This will be terrible.
The look and outfits are definitely awful. They look cheaply made, and they all look sloppy and haphazard. Matt in particular looks like a total fucking slob. I got from the books that he was a bit loose and wild in the dress at times, but never did I get the impression slob. Hodor looks like a complete retard, which we know for a fact he is from the books. But still, I got the impression from the books he was a professionally dressed and muscular retard. They gave him all that leather and then some pauper shirt or whatever the fuck that is. I could overlook the tard-face if they did the rest right.

And Pajama Lan doesn't exactly look like a chisel-jawed warrior to strike fear in his enemies. And then Moiraine letting her outfit becoming some poo and mud-smeared mess... No, I don't see that happening in the books either.

Everything looks wrong, and the more I look at it the more I loath this.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, none of this looks good and I generally don't really care how they cast people as long as they play the characters well... but every criticism on this page is completely fair.

I couldn't remember who the chick to the right of Moiraine was because I forgot they cast a fucking black chick as Egwene.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ROFL. Looks like a group of cosplayers about to get their "lightning bolt!" on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
It's been a while since I've read wheel of time but I don't remember people if the two rivers being black. Darker skinned than Rand if I recall.

Why can't they just stick to the source material.