Wheel of Time

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
First three episodes are out Friday, I am still holding out hope this is decent.

This "non-spoiler review" from a total shill doesn't have me holding out much hope, and I think it'll be impossible for me to separate the show from the books which means I'm going to hate it.

The issue I have with that review is that there is absolutely 0 negative in it. The person is positively glowing about the two parts of the show that everyone is the most concerned about: Acting and budget. GoT did such a good job with the acting that I cannot help but think of the show characters when reading the book; even when Arya, Tyrion, and Brienne are especially far away from their book description. Is this reviewer telling me that this starts out as strongly as GoT? I fucking doubt it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The issue I have with that review is that there is absolutely 0 negative in it. The person is positively glowing about the two parts of the show that everyone is the most concerned about: Acting and budget. GoT did such a good job with the acting that I cannot help but think of the show characters when reading the book; even when Arya, Tyrion, and Brienne are especially far away from their book description. Is this reviewer telling me that this starts out as strongly as GoT? I fucking doubt it.
Yeah it's going to be impossible especially when the reviewer says things like "There was very little dialogue that was lifted directly from the books". Maybe GoT was the same way and I am just forgetting...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's going to be impossible especially when the reviewer says things like "There was very little dialogue that was lifted directly from the books". Maybe GoT was the same way and I am just forgetting...

You are not, most of the key dialogue was directly from the book.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to watch at least 1 episode, I read the series multiple times, and rereading it now and it's one if not my favorite fantasy series, so there's no way I cannot give it at least 1 episode...after that we'll see.

My expectations are fairly low.

• 3Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to watch at least 1 episode, I read the series multiple times, and rereading it now and it's one if not my favorite fantasy series, so there's no way I cannot give it at least 1 episode...after that we'll see.

My expectations are fairly low.
I am right here with you. I want it to be good, I really do. Ever since I read the books I always tried to envision how they could bring this to the screen, and how amazing it potentially could be. But I am also fully in the camp of super low expectations just based off of what we have seen so far, and how far off script it already looks like it is going.

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
You are not, most of the key dialogue was directly from the book.

You are hedging a bit with 'key' there, but it really wasn't. Even some of the most compelling dialogue from the books, e.g. tower of joy, littlefinger vs lysa, was completely changed. Most of the rest of it was, at best, broad strokes - this should be obvious in an adaption that has a characters with different names, where multiple characters have been merged together, there's long conversations that never happened in book etc.

It was, however, 'close enough'. I doubt the WoT series will be.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Is there any chance in hell they could possibly do Dumai's Wells any justice?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Seriously? That is one scene I feel they will completely butcher. First Rand is being held by females and is saved by males, then the Asha’man(male) are showed to be way stronger then the Aes Sedai(female) and finally you have Taim(male) saying to Aes Sedai(female) “Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt.” These 3 things are totally unacceptable to the woke crowd and there‘s no way it will make it into the show this way.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
It's been over 30 years since I was reading these books. I remember Rand 'o Thor or something like that, a dagger and some crazy bitch magic shit. That's about it. Probably best I didn't go back and read the first few books I still own to this day and just enjoy something new on TV.

• 1Garbage

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seriously? That is one scene I feel they will completely butcher. First Rand is being held by females and is saved by males, then the Asha’man(male) are showed to be way stronger then the Aes Sedai(female) and finally you have Taim(male) saying to Aes Sedai(female) “Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt.” These 3 things are totally unacceptable to the woke crowd and there‘s no way it will make it into the show this way.
Only if Rain is black, and all the Aes Sedai are white, then they will accept it.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Worth watching to see how hot Lanfear and Graendel end up being. Also how naked will they be ? Didn’t one of those forsaken wall around with her tits out or only mesh ?

• 1Seriously?

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Worth watching to see how hot Lanfear and Graendel end up being. Also how naked will they be ? Didn’t one of those forsaken wall around with her tits out or only mesh ?
That was Graendal. Would not mind seeing them casting an appropriate (read: hot) actress like fanart regular depicts her ..

Interesting to see how they handle Lanfear as she has 3-4 different appearances throughout the series.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 4Worf
  • 3WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Alright, it's been like 20 years since I read Eye of the World, but weren't they teens?

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
If parts of this review are true then wtf, this kind of change is really stupid.

Perrin is married and Mat is a single father who wants what’s best for his kids? Barf.
Also, that line from the trailer about it being one of the 5 seems to be an actual thing and not just some throw away line. Like Egwene or Nynaeve could be the Dragon Reborn? Ugh.

• 1WTF

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Worth watching to see how hot brown Lanfear and Graendel end up being. Also how naked will they be ? Didn’t one of those forsaken wall around with her tits out or only mesh ?
FTFY

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, that line from the trailer about it being one of the 5 seems to be an actual thing and not just some throw away line. Like Egwene or Nynaeve could be the Dragon Reborn? Ugh.
I really hope that isn’t the case and it’s just supposed to be some sort of mystery for the non book readers.