Wheel of Time

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know squat about the lore but, in this show, The Dragon was never going to be anything but a sheboon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Each episode is getting progressively better. Episode 4 was good. Still hate the casting of Nynaeve and Egewene tho

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
The whole thing about there having been women that have proclaimed themselves the Dragon Reborn still really bugs the shit out of me. Also the red ajah is intended to protect the world from men and women that abuse The Power.
The story of Aram's mother being killed instead of the way it happens in the book seems like a major change to what happens with Aram.
The fight choreography in this show is really, really bad. And I get why they're doing the power effects the way they are, but I really feel like there has to be a better way to get the idea across and not be so shitty while they do it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Lol this is a nightmare. Threw all the books into a blender with a fist full of shit and this is what happens. I’ll watch the next one to see if this was just a dream or something. Holy shit lol.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
predator GIF

Nynaeve's real dad.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Lol this is a nightmare. Threw all the books into a blender with a fist full of shit and this is what happens. I’ll watch the next one to see if this was just a dream or something. Holy shit lol.

Completely disagree. Foundation is a nightmare that totally destroyed the book. With WOT, while there are things I definitely dont like, its far from a trainwreck

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean I guess it depends on what you consider a trainwreck. They fundamentally changed backstories for most of the major characters and changed some very basic elements of the main plotline of the story. You can argue that you can do all that and still have a decent story but as an adaptation this is significant deviation.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Giving the characters 40min to breath and not be in retarded panic/drama mode this episode helped a lot.

Unfortunately Perrins actor notes are still "stare gormlessly with your mouth open."

Liandrin looks like she can bite through cuendillar

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am trying to not laugh at fat, ugly and old Aes Sedai casting, The writing for Mat is so bad they are actually making me hate him as a main character. Rand is non existent(spoiler hes the dragon reborn), garbage writing left and right and I just dont see me watching a whole season of this drivel.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Giving the characters 40min to breath and not be in retarded panic/drama mode this episode helped a lot.

Unfortunately Perrins actor notes are still "stare gormlessly with your mouth open."

Liandrin looks like she can bite through cuendillar
Perrin is in line with the books where he is also the worst character.

This was the best episode so far. Lots of logain backstory, filled in holes. No major deviations to shit that matters. The Matt storyline isn’t bad. Matt isn’t a likeable character in book one or two he is kinda useless and very paranoid. Matt becomes a likeable character in book 3 when he sticks by rand after being cured and goes to tear to rescue everyone.

I do agree the casting of Matt makes him less likeable because in the book the 17 year old who stupidly takes a dagger he shouldn’t and gets sick and dark is easy to sympathize with but the dirty 30 year old show version isn’t.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sp...if I start with Episode 3, this may be as good as Xena?

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Sp...if I start with Episode 3, this may be as good as Xena?
They're very different in that the dumb stuff in this show isn't fun the way it is in Xena. There's obviously mostly better production value so you have that. If you don't care at all about the source material it's like a C- 5/10 kind of show, if you care about the source material it's pretty shit.

• 2Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
They're very different in that the dumb stuff in this show isn't fun the way it is in Xena. There's obviously mostly better production value so you have that. If you don't care at all about the source material it's like a C- 5/10 kind of show, if you care about the source material it's pretty shit.

Episode 4 bothered me. Logain was pretty cool and I was ok with how they visualized the taint but

the whole gentling scene was silly. Lan gets his throat cut by flying shards and Nynaeve AoE heals everyone causing Logain to be like, she’s the dragon reborn not me. I really hope they don’t try to make Nynaeve the DR or even worse make it a shared reincarnation between Rand and her.
Best part of the episode for me was mat holding up the dagger and saying “I see you” starting the fight with the fade.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt like Logain was more astonished by what she had done rather than thinking she is the DR... but I am holding out hope that this is all just a ruse to trick the show audience into thinking its someone other than Rand.

I was annoyed she went all super saiyan at first but then realized I'd rather have it happen now than have her mope for 2 more seasons.

• 2Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I mean I guess it depends on what you consider a trainwreck. They fundamentally changed backstories for most of the major characters and changed some very basic elements of the main plotline of the story. You can argue that you can do all that and still have a decent story but as an adaptation this is significant deviation.

I knew coming into this that there would be a good bit of stuff changing as the series is almost 12,000 pages long over 14 books, no way in hell they will film a series that spans all of it, nor should they (pacing in book 7-11 is hot garbage). I don't think the series is a trainwreck, but it's definitely less than I would have hoped.

I'm OK with some of it, like Logain being gentled earlier just helps people understand the stakes male channelers face. As mentioned throughout this thread though, changes like the idea that a woman could be the dragon or castrating Perrin so early mutate the story into something notably different. I suspect Nynaeve's MGB was to make people suspect she's the DR and they should have just had her resurrect Kerene while she was at it (/sarcasm).

A small detail, but I was hoping we'd see some effects when Thom was fighting the Myddraal. If I remember right, there are flashes of blue light as his daggers glance off the fade's blade and Jordan went on to confirm that those daggers were power wrought.

On the plus side, I did like how cool-headed Logain was, melting the cage was a nice touch, and it was interesting to show how he held onto saidin as they were trying to shield him and was able to weaponize those axes once they moved through the shield.

• 3Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
MGB! :emoji_laughing:

I feel like there's something wrong with the way shielding was done but I haven't read the books in so long, whatever :D

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The thing with "the pattern" is ta'veren. Ta'veren can change the weave/ force the weave to their will depending on how strongly they are Ta'veren. Really strong ones can change the pattern permanently.

Rand perrin mat are the 3 strongest ta'veren EVER with rand being an order of magnitude stronger than the other 2.

Mat in the first book and a half was not a good character I kinda disliked him. it is only after the mirror that his character starts to shine and turns into my favorite character.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
MGB! :emoji_laughing:

I feel like there's something wrong with the way shielding was done but I haven't read the books in so long, whatever :D

yeah it felt like they were draping fabric on logain, it was weird but I never really thought about it too much so one interpretation is as good as another i suppose. I think it could have been done neater/better/cooler but I guess we're saving that for the 2040 reboot.

and yeah I agree either we are gonna have a fakeout of everyone thinking Nyanaeve is TDR and a big reveal in the season finale, or Nyanaeve IS TDR and thats the big reveal of the season finale. I have no idea which one it will be, but pretty much if the show goes one way I'm out. It would be hilarious if they cliffhanger that shit into season 2.

I also wonder if we'll get Prologue in season 1, thats a core element of the IP but I can understand delaying it till we make sense of the world, but is it a season 1 or season 2 thing... that plus the Waste mirrors/leader test and Dumai Wells of course are imo three of the "oh shit" moments of the show.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel kinda bad for Rand in Season 2, that derp ass looking Heron is going to be really lame to have branded on your hand

• 3Worf