Wheel of Time

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
yeah, but big difference between "they could've done better" and "dear god, what is that THING?!"

Shocked Dear God GIF
Mimi-Ndiveni.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
I had a couple friends still watching and they finally gave up after whichever episode the moiraine being gay was. They were just confused at the massive amount of changes when there is so much free source material to draw from. They both ended up signing that “remake this please” petition I linked a couple days ago.
i mean those 2 characters did have that kind of relationship in the past in the books, but yeah that was real, real bad.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I said I was done with this show but I’m a glutton for punishment. This episode was so bad. Opening scene was cool but that’s it. Machin Shin looked dumb as fuck. Everything about Nynaeve is dumb as fuck. Fucking shit sucks.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Birth on Dragonmount scene was great. That’s exactly how I pictured Dancing with the Spears.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Man, they are great about not making you wait for the bad. Rand's mom is another fruit off the ugly tree, cadin'sor looks terrible and is completely wrong, and the ugly bitch kills those guys while her face is showing, what a fucking disgrace.

"The cadin'sor includes a coat and loose breeches made in cloth of gray and brown tones to blend in with the environment of the Waste. Since the arrival of the Aiel in the wetlands, green tones have been added to fit the much greener environment. The Aiel have added soft, laced knee-high boots practical for desert wear, as well as a shoufa, a scarf-like garment that is wrapped around the head and neck, leaving only the face bare. When preparing to kill, they pull the attached black veils on the shoufa over the nose and mouth as well, veiling the face according to tradition."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
What the actual fuck. You think the worst has to be over and every episode proves you wrong.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
To be honest, this series is not bad at all. I think some people in this thread are whiney bitches. There are things I definitely don't like, but this is not trash. Its mediocre to decent, and you know what, I am fine with that.

• 6Picard
  • 4Garbage
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 14 users

Sterling

El Presidente
To be honest, this series is not bad at all. I think some people in this thread are whiney bitches. There are things I definitely don't like, but this is not trash. Its mediocre to decent, and you know what, I am fine with that.
Even aside from the show only having a passing resemblance to the source material this show is just bad. The writing is dogshit, the acting is bad, the choreography for the fighting is bad, the special effects are at times mediocre and at other times awful. I get that lots of people have different opinions on different things, but I honestly can't figure out what people would like about this show. Can you please explain what qualities this show has that makes you think it's good?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
i thought episode 7 was the best one. Yeah, spear maiden doffing her cadinsor before dancing is wrong but she's about to give birth, i can give it a pass, plus we need to see hair/face as viewers. I liked The Ways, Machin Shin, Fal Dara, and Lan chilling with his childhood bud.

This episode was probably the closest to the source material, a lot of 1:1 straight from the books dialogue, although its obvious whenever it starts straying it gets weird. The "wait... you love her too?!?!" scene was straight up out of a CW teen romance show. Min being an asian milf who is like 20 years older than Rand and just as tall is bizarro, but pretty much expected with the dog shit casting the show has done so far. All the straight sex and loving going on in this episode, ewwww, its 2021 only LGT people are allowed to fuck on screen.

Its definitely not turned a corrner and the show is still god awful. Maybe they'll straighten up and make a better season 2, I doubt it. Episode 7 was probably the slowest paced episode, which made it so much better.

Quotes I look forward to in season 2, iconic moments from the books

I win again, Lews Therin
The Grave is no bar to my call
Time to toss the dice
Horrible women. If we turn her loose on the trollocs, she'd have them all sweeping.
Death comes for us all. We can only choose how to face it.
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with my last breath, to spit in sightblinders eye on the last day.

Last edited:

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Costume designers were determined to make everyone look like crap. Like the worse looking costumes I've ever seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I knew someone on this site loved the female Ghostbusters and the Cowboy Bebop remake but I forgot who it was until now.

• 12Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 12 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
People were bitching plenty about the cast of Witcher. There's some definite issues with that show, but it's miles and miles better than this one.
Ethnicity swapping is always a valid complaint.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
This episode was probably the closest to the source material, a lot of 1:1 straight from the books dialogue, although its obvious whenever it starts straying it gets weird.
The fight scene with Shaiel was well done IMO but other than that it was just more of the same bullshit. Just a bunch of needless changes that does worse at making the female characters important than the actual source material. Agelmar was overjoyed at Moiraine showing up and thought she was there to help them with their upcoming battle. Instead we get a scene where she puts him in his place? In the source material, he was already in that place, giving her the upmost respect and hoping she would bail him out.

• 4Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
"Peace, but it is good to see you, Dai Shan," the Lord of Fal Dara said. "And you, Moiraine Aes Sedai, perhaps even more. Your presence warms me, Aes Sedai"..."Kodome calichniye ga ni Aes Sedai hei. Here is always a welcome for Aes Sedai."

Lord Agelmar gave orders for rooms to be prepared, and baths..."A long journey from Tar Valon," he said. "You must be tired."

"I ask one night's shelter, Lord Agelmar," Moiraine said, "for ourselves and our horses. And fresh supplies in the morning, if you can spare them. We must leave you early, I am afraid."

Agelmar frowned. "But I thought.... Moiraine Sedai, I have no right to ask it of you, but you would be worth a thousand lances in Tarwin's Gap"... "You [Lan] are needed. You, and Moiraine Sedai."

• 4Like

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought the fight scene on Dragonmount had decent choreography and I can forgive the lowered veil, because she thought she was alone and going into labor. I also didn't mind the Rand reveal as it showed him using the power and probably knowing it to some extent at the time. I mean, after Tam's admission while fevered, he'd have to be an idiot not to think it was him. Of course, if he did know, it makes some of his dialogue non-sensical leading up to that point.

Once again though, this episode decided to waste 2/3 of its run time and stupid interpersonal shit that never happened in the book. It really frustrates me that they cut so much content from the book out, but didn't replace it with anything worthwhile. It was more important to make all these people sexually active with each other.

And LOL at Min being a 40 year old Asian woman.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
goddammit, you're doing this to me again. They fucking cast Min as an older Asian woman? Gotta see how terrible this turns out

(spoiler - it'll turn out fucking awful and I can't help it)

FML

Raes

Vyemm Raider
goddammit, you're doing this to me again. They fucking cast Min as an older Asian woman? Gotta see how terrible this turns out

(spoiler - it'll turn out fucking awful and I can't help it)

FML

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users