When your wife says...

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I swear that Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I were married over a decade before we set each other up as signers on the others checking accounts. But we still both have separate checking accounts.

For many of the comments in here that seem to be along the vein of "Woman says something which I know means she wants to task me with something" or "she says 5 minutes and means an hour" or things like that allow me to speak from the point of view of someone in his 50's who has been married over a decade and a half to the same woman. Roll with it. Learn to measure how much you can let just roll off your back, because I promise you that you have shit that drives her insane as well that she's letting roll off her back because she wants to be with you. ;) The measure of how good a couple is isn't measured in how perfectly they're a match for one another, rather it's measured in how effectively they handle the parts of themselves that AREN'T well matched for one another.
Of course you have to roll with it because they certainly aren't going to change. Its just what women do. I started this thread as a mental exercise to show that no matter how much people on this board disagree about shit like politics, the one thing we can all come together on is how our women act. 😀

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
"What do you want for dinner?"

"Give me ideas because I'm hungry and can never make up my fucking mind about food. I'll have you keep giving me options and then chose the first goddamn thing you said."

"I'll have you keep giving me options and then chose the first goddamn thing you said one I wanted in the first place."
They play that game so they can pretend they're giving you options. They aren't. They already have their mind set, and you just have to guess until you get the right one. That way they can act like it was a mutual decision.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
90 minutes later, I am done eating, and she's starving because she's still trying to think up the first of her three choices.

It DOES require both people actually participate. In our household , if I am "running to fetch" a meal that means I default down to one of two fast food spots (Whataburger or Cane's). So if I ask Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus what she wants to eat and she says "anything" she knows it's going to be one of those two. Because I am a creature of habit who could eat from the same spot or two for the rest of his life and not have an issue with it. So she knows if she wants something other than those two, she should speak up and say what she wants. heh For us I have established that "Anything" == rnd("Whataburger", "Cane's") unless she throws an exception to the process to redirect.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

"Give me ideas because I'm hungry and can never make up my fucking mind about food. I'll have you keep giving me options and then chose the first goddamn thing you said."

I got rid of that after years of dealing with it. Every time she would start with “what do you want to eat” I just gave a few options, if she waffled or said for me to pick them I picked the one I knew she disliked the most but I like. I stopped trying to please her and just “Ok, headed to five guys to get the burger and fries I love. I’ll pick up your grilled cheese too since it’s the only thing you’ll eat from there!” Eventually she was forced to make decisions or it was worst choice for her every time.

I even told her I was deliberately going to do this going forward because I was so tired of it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Of course you have to roll with it because they certainly aren't going to change. Its just what women do. I started this thread as a mental exercise to show that no matter how much people on this board disagree about shit like politics, the one thing we can all come together on is how our women act. 😀

"Men marry women hoping they will never change, Women marry men hoping to change them. In the end both will be dissapointed to some degree."

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Me: “Alright are you ready to go?”
Wife: “Yup!”
Me: “Are you sure?”
Wife “Oh wait where are my glasses?”

*five minutes later*

Me: ”Ok ready?”
Wife “Wait I better go pee...”

018B8C27-BA7D-4F8F-9475-729E4084357C.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Me: “Alright are you ready to go?”
Wife: “Yup!”
Me: “Are you sure?”
Wife “Oh wait where are my glasses?”

*five minutes later*

Me: ”Ok ready?”
Wife “Wait I better go pee...”

View attachment 300256

You are a noob husband if you get up before she is actually out the door. Relax and when you hear the garage door going up, you can safely get your wallet, phone, put your shoes on and still be getting in the car before she’s ready.

• 11Like
  • 5Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 16 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My wife used to start sentences with "You couldn't possibly...." and then list something she wanted done. It's a really shitty way to phrase something. Assume the worst, state it that way, and use that to manipulate someone into doing what you want.

"You couldn't possibly be the one to pick up child x from school instead of me, could you?"

Of course it's possible, what a shitty way to phrase things.

So I started saying "No." when she started a sentence with "you couldn't possibly." She was pissed at first, but when I explained to her that if she wanted me to do something, ask me outright, and don't make it a passive aggressive question, she agreed and stopped.

Seems like a small thing. But ask directly, or don't say anything.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Translation: Decide for me, because having you decide keeps me calm.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Am I the only one to get the silent treatment? She could be fuming but she would remain silent for hours like a monk but with a facial expression that says stabbing is being considered. You'd think, hah enjoy the quiet! But it's actually quite a bit unnerving.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
My fucking wife literally leaves her phone, keys, and glasses in new places every time . Often all 3 split up. I need to start moving it every time I see it

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My fucking wife literally leaves her phone, keys, and glasses in new places every time . Often all 3 split up. I need to start moving it every time I see it

Mine would lose her glasses like five times a day. It was irritating me so bad as soon as she asked me I would start raging to get her shit together. She finally stopped asking me after me flat out telling her several times I’m done looking for them every day.

Last Christmas I bought her a necklace/glasses thing that old ladies wear so she can stop losing them, as a joke. She actually really liked it and thought it was sweet.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Whenever I would turn up something on the car radio to listen to, most usually Alan Cross' Ongoing History of New Music, she would start talking...

every fucking time. Then she would get mad if I shushed her and then I would be perturbed and she would be annoyed and there would be that tension... you know that tension where you inevitably make some trolly comment to deliberately piss her off...

or maybe I'm just an asswhole, I dunno.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Am I the only one to get the silent treatment? She could be fuming but she would remain silent for hours like a monk but with a facial expression that says stabbing is being considered. You'd think, hah enjoy the quiet! But it's actually quite a bit unnerving.
My wife tries that shit. I can play that game for hours. She gets even more pissed when I play the silent game back because she knows she won't win. It doesn't stop her from continuing to play the game though.

• 1Salty

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I even bought my wife a little place to put her keys when she walks in the door. Does she use it? Newp.
She also asks at least once a day for me to call her phone because she doesn't remember when she laid it down. Did I mention she leaves it on silent?

• 1Salty

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I even bought my wife a little place to put her keys when she walks in the door. Does she use it? Newp.
She also asks at least once a day for me to call her phone because she doesn't remember when she laid it down. Did I mention she leaves it on silent?
isnt there a tracking app? they use it for children. look into it for the missus.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
isnt there a tracking app? they use it for children. look into it for the missus.

I mean it will show that it’s at your house with a satellite view. It’s not useful for trying to find which room it’s in.

With iphone you can ping it with the Apple Watch. Even if it’s on silent it makes a loud ding noise. No idea if android has something like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have this problem with my keys/ wallet etc due to ADD and my wife got me Tiles to use. It's freaking fantastic because it makes it sound off so makes it super easy to find.

• 1Like