When your wife says...

Fucker

Log Wizard
Am I the only one to get the silent treatment? She could be fuming but she would remain silent for hours like a monk but with a facial expression that says stabbing is being considered. You'd think, hah enjoy the quiet! But it's actually quite a bit unnerving.

I had a girlfriend that would do that randomly. I figured out early on she was trying to stir up some drama. We didn't last long. That wasn't her most annoying trait. She never listened to a word I said. She bought a new car and I rode with her a few times and she always followed other cars too closely. I kept telling her that, and she got mad at me for pointing it out. We broke up, then a week later she called and was blubbering. I knew exactly what happened, and asked, "You were following too closely, weren't you." The blubbering went to full wail at that point. She was following another car too closely and smacked right into the back of it. Her new car wasn't so new then.

Zero drama with my current girlfriend. We keep separate residences, so we have never gotten to the point where we are sick of each other's shit.

LMAO, autocorrect didn't catch my typo. I wrote girlfiend and it didn't pick it up. :D

Fucker

Log Wizard
This. I don't understand how people fight over covers. Just get separate sets of whatever you need to get a good night's sleep. If only all problems had such a simple solution.

Yep. I keep a few extra blankets on the trunk at the foot of the bed...that's what the trunk is for. All this newfangled modern technology people have forgotten about.

ee2.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My wife used to accuse me of stealing the covers, but it didn't make sense because I usually kick the covers off. Then I realized she was fucking swaddling me in her sleep. Like literally tucking the covers under me on the opposite side so when I rolled over I'd take them with me. Naturally she didn't believe me and I wish I could remember how I finally proved it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Wow you guys have a lot of problems.

Ive been with my wife for 2.5 years and we never had an argument

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You are a noob husband if you get up before she is actually out the door. Relax and when you hear the garage door going up, you can safely get your wallet, phone, put your shoes on and still be getting in the car before she’s ready.
I remember the first trip I took with my wife. We had to leave the hotel room at 8AM sharp to hit our schedule. At 7AM she started getting ready. At 7:15AM was the first time she asked me if I was going to get ready. At 7:30AM she began getting distressed I was still in bed. At 7:45AM she was starting to get really stressed out. By 7:50AM she was incredulous I was still neglecting the upcoming deadline. By 7:55AM she was reconsidering how much I really wanted to even be on the vaction or with her at all.

At 7:57AM I popped up, threw on my clothes, jammed my shit in my bag and was out the door waiting for her :D

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I've decided we're moving to Oregon to take advantage of the coming 100% Remote Working Revolution. I would like to be nearer to the rest of my fam especially my father as he likely will not live for another decade. We won't be serious about this until over a year from now for various reasons. But just getting that idea in her head.

My wife resisted this and immediately rejected it. I asked her why. She said she didn't want to abandon her friends and hobbies. I asked her if she really wants to take the position to not be around the rest of my family when she told me she wishes family were closer (her family) and she is willing to hold firm on that so she can continue going to her Kizomba dancing group.

She shut up for a while then decided to argue that I wanted to live away from my fam. Which is true and is why I joined the Army when I was 18. So 15 years later I am deciding to change it up and priorities change. She's being super salty about how we are going to be so miserable there and it's pissing me off. Hopefully, she gets over it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So I've decided we're moving to Oregon to take advantage of the coming 100% Remote Working Revolution. I would like to be nearer to the rest of my fam especially my father as he likely will not live for another decade. We won't be serious about this until over a year from now for various reasons. But just getting that idea in her head.

My wife resisted this and immediately rejected it. I asked her why. She said she didn't want to abandon her friends and hobbies. I asked her if she really wants to take the position to not be around the rest of my family when she told me she wishes family were closer (her family) and she is willing to hold firm on that so she can continue going to her Kizomba dancing group.

She shut up for a while then decided to argue that I wanted to live away from my fam. Which is true and is why I joined the Army when I was 18. So 15 years later I am deciding to change it up and priorities change. She's being super salty about how we are going to be so miserable there and it's pissing me off. Hopefully, she gets over it.

To be fair, Oregon sounds like an Antifa Hell Hole at the moment. Most sane people would resist this move.

Is it normal in your relationship that one person can make major life decision without the others input?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, Oregon sounds like an Antifa Hell Hole at the moment. Most sane people would resist this move.

Is it normal in your relationship that one person can make major life decision without the others input?

You watch too much news. We'd be moving to Central Oregon and not Portland, which is a shithole. We normally agree on major life things like normal people. However, I am not going to listen to her input on this particular one. As we have the opportunity to move and still maintain and advance our careers thanks to working remotely. Which was likely not possible before the Rona. Or at least more difficult.

I've been in Austin for 9 years now. Time for a change and it will be good to be around my extended family for at least 5 years, or at least until my father passes away. If she decides to hold hard on staying in Austin just because she has friends here then she is making a bad decision. We've had her mom live with us for 6 months at a time (she lives abroad).

• 1Like

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
My wife and I have a standing argument that is so dumb I just cant fathom how two smart successful adults can have it. Which way is up on the top sheet? I spend a premium to get premium sheets. They typically have a brushed side and a more sateen side. I want the super smooth side to be facing me when I am under the sheet. She wants the smooth side facing up because that is the side with no seams at the top. I try to tell her that is because when you turn the sheets down the seams should be hidden. We have just decided to not talk about it... ever. Whoever makes the bed decides how the sheets are put on.

At first I thought it was all an elaborate ruse to get me to make the bed. After 17 years of marriage I have decided this is just one of the things I'll never understand.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
You watch too much news. We'd be moving to Central Oregon and not Portland, which is a shithole. We normally agree on major life things like normal people. However, I am not going to listen to her input on this particular one. As we have the opportunity to move and still maintain and advance our careers thanks to working remotely. Which was likely not possible before the Rona. Or at least more difficult.

I've been in Austin for 9 years now. Time for a change and it will be good to be around my extended family for at least 5 years, or at least until my father passes away. If she decides to hold hard on staying in Austin just because she has friends here then she is making a bad decision. We've had her mom live with us for 6 months at a time (she lives abroad).

I know we're just getting the basic story here but this seems...extreme? I mean, I get saying fuck your feelings to what you're having for dinner or what color to paint a room in the house, but to straight up moving across the country and severing all her in person social ties that are apparently important to her seems a bit callous?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I know we're just getting the basic story here but this seems...extreme? I mean, I get saying fuck your feelings to what you're having for dinner or what color to paint a room in the house, but to straight up moving across the country and severing all her in person social ties that are apparently important to her seems a bit callous?

Not trying to be callous here but she has expressed a desire to be around family and support right? The entirety of my extended family, my parents, my three sisters, and their families, and the rest of our extended family literally all live in Oregon. Every single one of them.

But when we are presented with an opportunity that allows us to do that she resists because of her friends and dance class hobby. It would be good to have our future kids grow up around their many cousins and such.

My primary reason for this is to see my father more than once a year (if that) as I have done for the past 15 years. She agrees that this is a reasonable position but currently holds on to her missing her friends and dance classes shit as I said. If this is the hill she wants to die on I don't know what to say. I doubt it will come to that but it is literally saying that your friends and hobbies are more important than being around my family when my father will most likely pass away in 5-10 years.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Alright, that sounds a bit more fair, actually. I might have just read your first post a bit more harshly than I should have. One of those things where there's obvious benefits, but it's still never going to be easy to give up friends, routine, etc.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck Austin and i don't take her concerns seriously but at the same time seems pretty unfair that you suddenly get this hair up your ass to have a major shake up like that when you whernt concerned about sticking close before.

If it's short term waiting on daddy, fly out and live there for 3-6 months at a time since the whole thing is over being able to wfh.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We have a heated underpad in our bed. 2 zones. Her's set to blast, mine set to off (refrigerate if I could.) Doen't help in the summer, but it's great in the winter.

• 1Truth!

Silver Knight of the Realm
My wife used to start sentences with "You couldn't possibly...." and then list something she wanted done. It's a really shitty way to phrase something. Assume the worst, state it that way, and use that to manipulate someone into doing what you want.

"You couldn't possibly be the one to pick up child x from school instead of me, could you?"

Of course it's possible, what a shitty way to phrase things.

So I started saying "No." when she started a sentence with "you couldn't possibly." She was pissed at first, but when I explained to her that if she wanted me to do something, ask me outright, and don't make it a passive aggressive question, she agreed and stopped.

Seems like a small thing. But ask directly, or don't say anything.
Still trying to get my wife to ask for shit directly after 4 years, bro. At least it doesn't drive me crazy any more when she gets pissed that I didn't do the thing she was passively implying she wanted me to do.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So I've decided we're moving to Oregon

However, I am not going to listen to her input on this particular one.

I can't possibly understand why she would be upset when you're being so reasonable. Seriously, uprooting a family across the county, making a unilateral decision, and not listening to her input seems problematic.

• 2Like