Which MMO *DO* you actually play now?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Currently playing WoW. My current guild is very healthy. I'm also dabbling in TSW but I treat that as a single player game usually.

May pick up swtor again to see the end of the dreadmasters but I doubt it.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I would honestly play WoW more if I could find a guild that raided when I can, but it's a fucking chore. Everyone raids prime-time, which is exactly when I can't.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Gw2, I can play 2 days a week without being worried about anything and the game still has tons of stuff I want to do at some point. I haven't even killed Tequatl yet. The great thing is that I end up doing something different every time I log in, there are the instances and fractals, alt guardian, leveling up crafting, WvW, the last few jumping puzzles I haven't done yet, making another ascended weapon and from time to time I actually bother with the living story.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Nothing. GW2 many moons ago, but only because it was free.

Hoping that either Star Citizen, EQNext, Archeage or Shroud of the Avatar will breathe life back into the genre as truly next generation games. I refuse to play anything with a traditional leveling system anymore.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Star citizen and Shroud of the Avatar arent even part of the genre I think. Looking forward to SC nonetheless, but it's more of a persistant Battlefield / multiplayer freelancer mix then a real MMO.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Star citizen and Shroud of the Avatar arent even part of the genre I think. Looking forward to SC nonetheless, but it's more of a persistant Battlefield / multiplayer freelancer mix then a real MMO.
How are they not MMO's? Devs in both games have said they will allow hundreds of thousands of players to share and occupy the same universe on a single shard. The only difference is that the server will work to place players with others they've played with or encountered before in the same space rather than random people. Star Citizen has a single player component that you can do multiplayer, but expands to a full-fledge MMO (a bit like Conan).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
How are they not MMO's? Devs in both games have said they will allow hundreds of thousands of players to share and occupy the same universe on a single shard.
So does Guild Wars 1, wouldnt call it an MMO. Look I understand the lines between genres are blurry as hell these days so this can be a nice 10 page semantics discussion, but given that neither of those games is even alpha I'll concede that you might be right, we'll have to wait for the product.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
GW1 is a lobby game. Games like that aren't MMOs. Neither is Diablo. Call it that of you like but that's just the new catch marketing phrase for anything with an online mode today. Doesn't make it right.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
I really wish The Secret World gave me a reason to play... just anything. I enjoyed the early days just questing. But there is no real progression, no levels, not really anything. And then later you do Nightmare Mode dungeons, get a bunch of purple shit and then that's pretty much it. You are expected to do it again and again for slightly better purple shit, but why? What for? I'm not going to do tedious grinds for no reason.

At least with games like EQ, you would eventually get an expansion that was more or less like a whole new game all over again, and your hard work grinding previously allowed you to just jump in to the new stuff feet first and do whatever you wanted. But in TSW there is just no reason. I would have to grind the NM's for another week or two just to be at the level to raid, but there's only one or two raid encounters anyway, so why bother. And I doubt they will ever expand it much beyond that. Just sad. I enjoyed just questing and the lore but it just feels weird. It reminds me of when you used to download demos of games or get them as a cover disk on a magazine. You would love it but then it would end and you had to wait for the full game to come out. Only with TSW it never will.

For me the biggest problem is that it's really hard to set your own difficulty in these games now.
The mentality of the genre is just boring.
I thought this EXACT same thing just the other day when I played Vanguard! It would be so cool if you could have different servers that had different rule sets that changed things. So you could have one which has really tough mobs that can barely be soloed except maybe by only the most uber people. And maybe make it so they don't leash or something so it's more of a survival experience. Maybe even a permadeath server or something. That way you could have the exact same game but play it how it suits you, and not just have one way that is expected to please everyone. I wish I could enjoy Vanguard, I just love how it looks and it has cool classes, but the game bores the shit out of me. The solo quest grind is horrible at the best of times, and even group bores me probably even more. I wish I hated it so I could ignore it forever but it has a lot going for it.

I pretty much only play League of Legends now. That and HEX alpha. Either probably doesnt' count.
Have you tried DOTA2 or Heroes of Newerth? After playing a lot of HoN I can't really play LoL any more because the graphics are so basic and the gameplay is so much slower. I am totally hooked on HoN, even though it has the worst community of any game you could ever even dream of. And the heroes are not very well balanced either. But it's still very addictive and fun.

DOTA 2 I haven't really played yet. I downloaded it once but it forces you to do a tutorial and I got bored and quit. That was like 8 months ago. I suffer from motivational issues apparently.

lindz

#DDs
None sadly and I really want something to play. Nothing has been able to hold my attention for more than a few weeks for a long time now. Last MMOs I played for a substantial amount of time were EQ progression server and WoW emus. Big part of it my husband just isn't interested in any of the modern MMOs and I have trouble really getting into them without him. Never bothering with the social aspect makes MMOs really lame.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I hate to admit this, but I recently logged into SWGemu. Was pissed when I found out Jump to Lightspeed wasnt implemented yet (the whole reason I even bothered), so I've been dicking around making a def stacked swordsman, Im sure I'll bore soon. Though they had a server event recently which was fairly cool and unexpected.

Guess I'll have to wait for StarCitizen to get some space pvp or I could reactivate my EVE but I dont want to deal with that.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I log into a mmo about once or twice a month. There are a bunch I play occasionally but the usual suspects are GW2, EQ1 or Lotro.

Don't have a lot of time atm. Will probably pick up FFXIV during the holidays.

GW1 is a MMO, it just doesn't fit some people's anal retentive definition. I would submit that that restrictive definition is why so many of us are bored of the current crop of mmo's. Because for the most part they are all the fucking same.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I alternate from Tera to DCUO to TSW, though TSW just pisses me off everytime I play. I refuse to go back to the starter area and finish the quests.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Guildwars 2 just for WvW, not much else of interest. Might drop in STO again to see what's new, it's been 6 months.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
now that most states are starting to get online poker back up and running again, that may be the only MMO i'll be playing for a long time (online poker fits all the descriptions of a MMO, right?).

Loco_sl

shitlord
EQ1.

I quit WoW in 2011 and went over a year without gaming. I tried several MMO's after my hiatus, but only stuck with EQ1 just because of the FTP changes and the nostalgia overload.