Whiskey

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weller has been increasingly difficult to find once people realized the similarities of it and Pappy and considering it's like $20 a bottle.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
There is something thats like Pappy but doesnt cost 30-50 dollars a glass? Shiiiiiiett

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I mostly prefer Cardhu for my single malts. Its only 45 a bottle so decent but not so expensive you want to save it. I also enjoy Jack on the rocks now and then.I don't really have a favorite bourbon yet.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I liked the Kirkland 7-year Bourbon enough to finish off the whole liter over the weekend.

I'm not a super taster or whiskey expert or anything, but I would put it's quality well above your basic Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, but probably just shy of a Makers Mark/Knob Creek/Four Roses. It's a pretty decent value considering it's priced MUCH closer to the Daniels/Beam than Makers/Knob/4R.

Drank it on the rocks all weekend. Polished off about 2/3 of the bottle on Saturday and the other 1/3 on Sunday. FWIW, I had virtually no hangover on Sunday even after drinking 2/3 of it the day before, so that's nice as well.

9439196013_8ce7c34e83_b.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
That's a lot of ice. Do you have a special thing to make round icecubes?
Ice cube sphere mold, I have a couple, keeps the whiskey from getting watered down quickly.

Usually only bring it out for the cheaper(younger) stuff as it helps proof it down to tastable levels without too much water. A good substitute is a small ice cube or a teaspoon of water per two-finger pour (English Method).

I don't know much about bourbon. Have a pretty decent single malt and blended collecton ~$2500 total on reserve.

Macallan 12yr is what I'd use ice spheres with. JW Blue 40yr/Chivas Regal 25 etc goes in a flute neat.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't like my two finger neat cold. Rocks are good for those that do. If you can find some that don't leave sand or grit in your glass that is.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's all a matter of taste really. Water or cold can really alter the way a whiskey will taste. I drink it different ways depending on my mood.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I prefer to add tiny chips of ice that dilute the whiskey appropriately without actually cooling it. It changes as the bits of ice melt, and it opens up differently than just adding a bit of water.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have stones and I don't think they've ever actually made my whiskey cold. Usually they just stop it from getting warmer.

Edit - looks like you need to have steel ones to get around ice temp:

KVYYJjo.jpg

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I always worry that the steel/rocks will leave things in the whiskey changing the flavor. Anyone have balls of steel or something similar?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Mine are soapstone and they are smooth as hell, have never left anything in my drink or changed how they tasted.

Siliconemelons

lol dang - you get ~ 240 bottles out of the barrel - so that's like 41$ per personalized bottle.

But heck if I was $ and had 10k to toss into it for fun, who wouldn't mind a personal barrel.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone had this? I prefer Rye whiskey. Some list I just read gave it the 2016 Rye Whiskey of the year.

IMG_5446.jpg