Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Guy in a car turned right into him. Most people are such incompetent assholes.
Back in 01I once a motorcyclist eat it after a car turned left in front him. Guy went head over heels forward off the bike and broke his arm. Looked like he had an elbow going in each direction but he survived. It’s the primary reason you’ll never get me on a bike.

anyways
IMG_5193.jpeg

And I admit selfishly this makes me sad because he’s the same age as my grandma and nearly three years younger than my grandpa. It’s a sobering reminder of how little time they have left

• 3Like
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Back in 01I once a motorcyclist eat it after a car turned left in front him. Guy went head over heels forward off the bike and broke his arm. Looked like he had an elbow going in each direction but he survived. It’s the primary reason you’ll never get me on a bike.
This might be a callous take but every time I hear motorcyclists complaining that car drivers need to watch out for them, I always think they are the ones that chose a mode of transportation where you're 30 times more likely to die than driving a car so if they can't be bothered to look out for their own safety, why should I worry about it?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

anyways
View attachment 477853

And I admit selfishly this makes me sad because he’s the same age as my grandma and nearly three years younger than my grandpa. It’s a sobering reminder of how little time they have left
you confused me for a second because i thought you were saying this was the same actor in NCFOM when he was the one who wrote the novel the film was adapted from.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
This might be a callous take but every time I hear motorcyclists complaining that car drivers need to watch out for them, I always think they are the ones that chose a mode of transportation where you're 30 times more likely to die than driving a car so if they can't be bothered to look out for their own safety, why should I worry about it?
I’ll clarify that In my example, a motorcycle was going straight east, the car was facing west and made a left turn into a shopping center from the center turning lane. Here I even found the street view:

IMG_5197.jpeg

the car should have easily been able to see an oncoming vehicle regardless if it was a car or motorcycle

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Dude, I like you, but this is a dick take. You should watch out very carefully for every vehicle on the road. In an ideal world there would be no dumb ass drivers that were careless and hit any other vehicle. You should worry about just being a careful, responsible driver that hits no one. That would take care of this issue.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Dude, I like you, but this is a dick take. You should watch out very carefully for every vehicle on the road. In an ideal world there would be no dumb ass drivers that were careless and hit any other vehicle. You should worry about just being a careful, responsible driver that hits no one. That would take care of this issue.
Can’t tell you how many accidents I’ve prevented because I was paying attention and the other driver wasn’t

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Of course you should. I didn't say I am trying to hit anyone, but I still don't want to hear lectures from the guy on the death machine that I'm not concerned enough about his safety.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I’ll clarify that In my example, a motorcycle was going straight east, the car was facing west and made a left turn into a shopping center from the center turning lane. Here I even found the street view:

View attachment 477875

the car should have easily been able to see an oncoming vehicle regardless if it was a car or motorcycle

You would think, but there are plenty of times it can be hard to see a motorcycle. They have a smaller profile, so the blind spot in cars is effectively larger (especially if you aren’t doing a head turn in addition to checking mirrors). I also don’t know how fast the dude on the motorcycle was going, but that can compound the first issue I noted if they are traveling at a high rate of speed

You look at most motorcycle vs car accidents and you’ll notice a sizable percentage of them is the cycle hitting the car from the side. The reasons for that can vary of course, but car driver allegedly not noticing the motorcycle no doubt ranks really high

Goatface

watch a lot of dashcams on youtube and traffic awareness has become an alien concept.

bikers do a lot of stupid things, but known plenty that got hit while sitting still.

this is same year and color of my dads bike that got hit while sitting at a stop sign by a turning car. if you can see something like that sitting there, don't need to be on the road.
1686759923775.png

Juvarisx

Florida
The two times ive seen a motocycle accident first hand is where the dumb fuckers are lane splitting on Interstate 4. There are enough tourists near Disney that driving there is already a pain in the ass cause they cant follow a GPS, then these dumb shits go 80 and lane split into a back of a rented SUV.

Its not even legal to do that here, but I see so many do it its amazing.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
The two times ive seen a motocycle accident first hand is where the dumb fuckers are lane splitting on Interstate 4. There are enough tourists near Disney that driving there is already a pain in the ass cause they cant follow a GPS, then these dumb shits go 80 and lane split into a back of a rented SUV.

Its not even legal to do that here, but I see so many do it its amazing.
I heard one. A few miles from where I used to live, the intersection had a huge dip and then a dogleg. Some idiot was speeding at night, hit the dip and got airborne right into a lightpole. Waa Waa Waa Waa then overrev then BANG! Guy put a dent in the pole with his FACE.

Another dumb one. A guy was riding a motorcycle on the interstate during tornado. He was a looong way from an overpass. It didn't kill him, but maybe he'll watch the news next time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When you’re driving you are looking for other cars. Your brain is really good at filtering out things you aren’t looking for. When people turn a motorcyclist into a pavement smear and you hear “I didn’t see him”, it’s likely literally true. Our brains filter them out while focusing on looking for cars.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you’re driving you are looking for other cars. Your brain is really good at filtering out things you aren’t looking for. When people turn a motorcyclist into a pavement smear and you hear “I didn’t see him”, it’s likely literally true. Our brains filter them out while focusing on looking for cars.

The collective term surgeons use for motorcyclists in England is donors. Says all you need to know about your chances.

• 1Like