Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Cybsled

that Fentanyl is really cleaning up the aisles. people taking that shit are fucked, but they still take it.

One thing to keep in mind is a lot of "traditional" street drugs, like heroin or cocaine, are being cut with Fentanyl to increase their potency. For example, whoever is supplying the cocaine, they might cut the cocaine with cheap filler that reduces its potency. So they make it stronger by adding a small amount of relatively cheap to make Fentanyl. So a cocaine user might buy their cocaine, go to use their usual amount, then end up dying because unknown to them it got cut with a bunch of Fentanyl.

Because Fentanyl-type drugs are so potent, it doesn't take very much at all to be deadly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
this is how you know drug addicts aren't really in control of their own faculties. in ANY OTHER industry, if someone uses a product and they die, anyone who's used or even thought about using that product gets all up in arms about it, suing left and right. if someone dies of drug use, every addict in that area goes NUTS looking for whatever dealer sold the drugs because "they must be really good." i know of dealers that purposely laced their product with stuff like sawdust, just to kill off one of their buyers because it would drive sales through the roof.
They are in control, they just refuse to own up to that responsibility. They weren't high when they started down that road, and they aren't high 24/7 now. Getting clean might hurt and suck more than Foler Foler at a Lil Wayne concert, but it is a choice they make every single time. Honestly, you could toss all the sellers and buyers into the wood chipper and nothing of value would be lost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They are in control, they just refuse to own up to that responsibility. They weren't high when they started down that road, and they aren't high 24/7 now. Getting clean might hurt and suck more than Foler Foler at a Lil Wayne concert, but it is a choice they make every single time. Honestly, you could toss all the sellers and buyers into the wood chipper and nothing of value would be lost.
this is a pretty typical response from someone who just simply doesn't understand addiction. there are vast physical differences in the brain of someone with a substance use problem and someone who's never drank or used drugs. this isn't hippy dippy feel good "i feel like they just can't help themselves" reactionary nonsense, this is a medical fact that you can see on MRI's and CT scans. they aren't just impaired while they are high, they are impaired period. yes, you're right in that at SOME point they were in full control and chose to use, but people don't just wake up one day and go "hey, i think i'd like to try heroin." there is a long series of events that lead to that. some of those events are poor choices, but most of those events are impaired choices. there is a significant and specific difference.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
this is a pretty typical response from someone who just simply doesn't understand addiction. there are vast physical differences in the brain of someone with a substance use problem and someone who's never drank or used drugs. this isn't hippy dippy feel good "i feel like they just can't help themselves" reactionary nonsense, this is a medical fact that you can see on MRI's and CT scans. they aren't just impaired while they are high, they are impaired period. yes, you're right in that at SOME point they were in full control and chose to use, but people don't just wake up one day and go "hey, i think i'd like to try heroin." there is a long series of events that lead to that. some of those events are poor choices, but most of those events are impaired choices. there is a significant and specific difference.
No, I am well aware of how prolonged drug use fucks up brain chemistry. That's what makes it harder to quit. However, they started down the road on their own and they can choose to stop at any point as well. Impaired or not. They continue to choose the drugs. They knew where the road ended when they started, so fuck em. Right in the ass with a dildo made of used syringes and broken crack pipes.

j00t

No, I am well aware of how prolonged drug use fucks up brain chemistry. That's what makes it harder to quit. However, they started down the road on their own and they can choose to stop at any point as well. Impaired or not. They continue to choose the drugs. They knew where the road ended when they started, so fuck em. Right in the ass with a dildo made of used syringes and broken crack pipes.
again, this is the response of someone who not only doesn't fundamentally understand addiction, but chooses dispassion and ignorance. at least people with addiction have impaired functioning, what's your excuse?

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
again, this is the response of someone who not only doesn't fundamentally understand addiction, but chooses dispassion and ignorance. at least people with addiction have impaired functioning, what's your excuse?
Found the junkie.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

However, they started down the road on their own and they can choose to stop at any point as well. Impaired or not. They

You do realize a big contributor to the opioid epidemic was over prescribing of pain meds? Some gets hurt, they get some pain pills, use them, then suddenly discover they have to keep using them

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Nah, no ignorance, but yes dispassion. The addict is responsible for getting addicted in the first place, period. If they can manage it without destroying the people around them then good for them. If not, they are wasting oxygen.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You do realize a big contributor to the opioid epidemic was over prescribing of pain meds? Some gets hurt, they get some pain pills, use them, then suddenly discover they have to keep using them
One of the few cases where there are mitigating circumstances. Doesn't negate responsibility, but does spread the blame.

j00t

One of the few cases where there are mitigating circumstances. Doesn't negate responsibility, but does spread the blame.
No one is trying to negate responsibility, but man, you seem fixated on assigning blame. Did you have an addict in your life hurt you or something?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
KYKAXye_d.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If you get a chance you should go back and find the videos of his stage presentation of pee wee's playhouse. It's where I got the mental image that whenever some woman annoys me I hear Phil Hartman growling "Women Pee Wee...... Women...."
2nd this. I’ve never heard of anyone else mentioning the stage show he did. It had all kinds of funny sexual inuendos. Putting mirrors on his shoes to look up that girls skirt. Good shit.

• 1Truth!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
no you found the substance abuse counselor

Every single person who quit drugs, quit drugs by choosing to quit drugs.

"substance abuse counselor" is pretty much a bullshit job

• 1Like

Cybsled

Every single person who quit drugs, quit drugs by choosing to quit drugs

That is a vast oversimplification. Yes, you have to make the choice to quit doing drugs ultimately, but it isn’t a light switch. You’re basically saying “I am choosing to subject myself to severe pain and a compromised mental state to work towards quitting drugs” depending on your dependence level. Going cold turkey can actually be risky in some circumstances and you have to gradually ween them off the substance. You need a degree of mental toughness to do that many times, which many people who get hooked on these substances lack.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
That is a vast oversimplification. Yes, you have to make the choice to quit doing drugs ultimately, but it isn’t a light switch. You’re basically saying “I am choosing to subject myself to severe pain and a compromised mental state to work towards quitting drugs” depending on your dependence level. Going cold turkey can actually be risky in some circumstances and you have to gradually ween them off the substance. You need a degree of mental toughness to do that many times, which many people who get hooked on these substances lack.

That's because this topic requires vast oversimplification.

Otherwise it gets filled up with bullshit spewed by leftists and "substance abuse counselors" which paints every drug addict as a victim and a hero of their own story, instead of being the weak useless piece of shit they really are.

Black Lives Matter Blm GIF by GIPHY News

j00t

That's because this topic requires vast oversimplification.

Otherwise it gets filled up with bullshit spewed by leftists and "substance abuse counselors" which paints every drug addict as a victim and a hero of their own story, instead of being the weak useless piece of shit they really are.

Black Lives Matter Blm GIF by GIPHY News
i've never called addicts victims. they aren't. and i'm not a leftist. in fact most of the people i worked with weren't. my job as a substance abuse counselor isn't fixing someone, because like you said, it requires the addict themselves to make the changes in their life. my job as a substance abuse counselor is helping the addict weed through all the events in their life that are actively working against them and helping them figure out the best way of addressing and making those changes. if you convince an alcoholic that they just need to stop drinking and it'll fix their problems, if they take that advice they can QUITE easily wind up dead within a few days. meanwhile, a heroin addict fears withdrawal like nothing else on earth, but legitimately no one ever died from opiate withdrawal (unless there were comorbidity issues). when i work with people who are about to go through withdrawal it's my job to explain to them what is going to happen, what the risks are and if their specific situation requires rehab or not.

substance abuse counseling ISN'T about convincing people they are victims, chances are they already think that. it's about helping them reclaim agency. hot tip, healthy people don't use drugs. so what SPECIFICALLY is going on with a person that is making them unhealthy. drugs aren't what make a person unhealthy, it's how unhealthy people try to self-medicate.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users