Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Ain't no sunshine!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ain't no sunshine!!!!

those werent bad songs, better than 100% of the shit they push now, but for the time it was just ok. wasnt "aint no sunshine" used for a famous console game like GTA?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Expecting a lot of activity in this thread in the coming weeks :/

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I know his own music was great, but for some reason this is my favorite recording from him.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I know this forum has a lot of 80s Skater Rat Kids. This is a bummer. I still have a Schmitt Stix Grosso deck in my closet. Probably one of the best boards ever made. You want a serious nostalgia bomb watch his web series for Vans - Love Letters to Skateboarding. Synj Synj

lucero-schmitt-stix-jeff-grosso-86.jpg

I skated Grant's ramp a couple times.
Poser detected that board is way to nice. Jk

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Poser detected that board is way to nice. Jk

LOL. GIS, Not my board, like all the old decks in my closet the tails need to be epoxied back together. I never snapped one in the middle but have shattered many tails and even bent trucks so bad it ovated the mounting holes and the they turned crooked from then on. Only boards I couldn't shatter were Zorlacs, they were built like a slab of iron and hade very little radius on the edges. Taking one of those to the shin was 100% blood and stars. I sold a friend my old John Gibson with 210 Motobilt trucks in 1985. His kids still ride it today.

th (8).jpeg

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
LOL. GIS, Not my board, like all the old decks in my closet the tails need to be epoxied back together. I never snapped one in the middle but have shattered many tails and even bent trucks so bad it ovated the mounting holes and the they turned crooked from then on. Only boards I couldn't shatter were Zorlacs, they were built like a slab of iron and hade very little radius on the edges. Taking one of those to the shin was 100% blood and stars. I sold a friend my old John Gibson with 210 Motobilt trucks in 1985. His kids still ride it today.

View attachment 259329

Fuck, I forgot about Zorlac!

6712146c1898f090409b5ff3d24e02c0.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I forgot about Zorlac!

6712146c1898f090409b5ff3d24e02c0.jpg

true story, I wrote a letter to Zorlac for something, I cant remember what, probably wanting to know how to buy a Pushead t-shirt or something and the letter I got back was written by James Hetfield on Zorlac letterhead telling me keep skating and metal up my ass. I must have it buried somewhere, in a box. That was a couple months before his record company told him no more skating after he fucked up his wrist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I know this forum has a lot of 80s Skater Rat Kids. This is a bummer. I still have a Schmitt Stix Grosso deck in my closet. Probably one of the best boards ever made. You want a serious nostalgia bomb watch his web series for Vans - Love Letters to Skateboarding. Synj Synj

lucero-schmitt-stix-jeff-grosso-86.jpg

I skated Grant's ramp a couple times.
I was always a Powell Peralta kid starting out and a G&S kid later in my teens and twenties but I had a lot of respect for Grosso. Too soon.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
true story, I wrote a letter to Zorlac for something, I cant remember what, probably wanting to know how to buy a Pushead t-shirt or something and the letter I got back was written by James Hetfield on Zorlac letterhead telling me keep skating and metal up my ass. I must have it buried somewhere, in a box. That was a couple months before his record company told him no more skating after he fucked up his wrist.
4WSq586.jpg

james%20hetfield%20arm%20broke.jpg

Some god awful Chinese translation going on in that link, but whatever.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you fucking buttplug. You almost gave me a heart attack. Posting James' picture in this thread like that with him having all these addiction issues.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I was always a Powell Peralta kid starting out and a G&S kid later in my teens and twenties but I had a lot of respect for Grosso. Too soon.

I went through so many G&S trucks, they just couldn't handle the hard stuff like Indies.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

no idea who he is but just a quick glance of pictures of him... The dude looks like a homo. He probably kept it a secret but also got his ass fucked by the jew mafia, literally and couldn't handle it and off'd himself.