Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Tony Hsieh, 46, died from a mysterious house fire, 3 months after stepping down from his 21 year role as CEO of zappos.com, after going going on a house buying spree in Park City (he bought 8, including a 21,000 sq ft property)
Sucks. Worked at Zappos for a decade, found my career there and he's responsible for so much positive change in downtown Vegas. Was really looking forward to seeing whatever it was he was doing next.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Darth Vader aka David Prowse passed away.
En-XjuqVkAIdbuD.jpg

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Vinen

God is dead
Sucks. Worked at Zappos for a decade, found my career there and he's responsible for so much positive change in downtown Vegas. Was really looking forward to seeing whatever it was he was doing next.

Dude was on a drug fueled downward spiral the last few years. Finally caught up with him. Word is he was locked in the room while the house was on fire and he died of smoke inhalation.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not a "who died", but yesterday was the anniversary of the launching of the battleship USS New Jersey in 1942. Watched a quick video on it yesterday of the amount of materials used in making it. 17.5 tons of blueprint paper were used. Enough paint to paint a 5' tall fence 238 miles long. It's also one of the largest surviving in one piece of Low-background steel - Wikipedia. Steel poured and rolled before the nukes in Japan were detonated.

Low-background steel is so-called because it does not suffer from such nuclear contamination.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not a "who died", but yesterday was the anniversary of the launching of the battleship USS New Jersey in 1942. Watched a quick video on it yesterday of the amount of materials used in making it. 17.5 tons of blueprint paper were used. Enough paint to paint a 5' tall fence 238 miles long. It's also one of the largest surviving in one piece of Low-background steel - Wikipedia. Steel poured and rolled before the nukes in Japan were detonated.

Low-background steel is so-called because it does not suffer from such nuclear contamination.
New Jersey and he sister ships were fucking beasts. She was still active shelling land targets in Vietnam. Obviously was still active much later but did not see action. I miss the days of the battlewagons. I had an opportunity to see her back in the day. Her teak decks were crazy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

ed7887f1-f941-4dda-99f5-c5b22d675d5d-USS_New_Jersey_DJ_File_Photo.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When I was in the service back in the day, a guy I served with had been in 'Nam. He told a story about calling in for a fire mission on a hill (think it was like Hill 605 or something similar). Turns out the NJ was off the coast and answered the mission. Guy said it sounded like Volkswagens were flying overhead and slammed the hill. To be safe they called in another mission but called it for Hill 550 because in their estimation the 16" Salvo removed the top 50 feet from the hill.

Oldbased

> Than U
RIP Tommy "tiny" Lister Jr.

Shocked about this one as he was filming like 5 things.
Will always know him best as Zeus in No Holds Barred. ( and later 5th Element )

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users