Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Sir Stirling Moss: F1 legend 'still resonates in motorsport world'

Moss raced in Formula 1 in the sport's romantic age of the 1950s and early 1960s, winning 16 grands prix. Yet despite his rivals at the time acknowledging he was the best, he never won the World Championship...

But to those who know motorsport, Moss' failure to win the drivers' World Championship reflects not at all on his ability, and only on the fact that the sport's greatest prize depends at least as much on a driver's machinery as it does his talent, and therefore can never be the only gauge of their ability.

In Moss' case, there was never any doubt how good he was. From 1948 to his enforced retirement in 1962, Moss won 212 of the 529 races he entered across all motorsport categories. Of those who raced against him, only the greats Juan Manuel Fangio and Jim Clark were comparable, and the careers of Moss and Clark only briefly coincided.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Tim Brooke-Taylor, Comedian and founding member of The Goodies.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tim Brooke-Taylor, Comedian and founding member of The Goodies.
Fuck, you almost got me there.

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Grew up watching the Goodies.

Odd thing was just the other night I was watching a little of Charlie and the Chocolate factory in which Tim Brooke-Taylor has a small cameo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of surprised he was still alive.

I watched Cocoon a couple months ago and found out he was in his 40's for it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kind of surprised he was still alive.

I watched Cocoon a couple months ago and found out he was in his 40's for it.
so was Wilford Brimley. dude was playing a senior citizen in Coccon and during filming was only around 48 or 49. so yeah the dude with diabeetus outlived Brian Denehy.

off topic, when Ralph Macchio did Karate Kid, he played a 17 yr old and was actually 33.

• 1Picard

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh? Looks like he was 23. Born in 61, movie was 1984.

I'm also retarded. Dennehy played the alien guy and wasn't that old. It was Brimley I was thinking of who was actually young.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I'm also retarded. Dennehy played the alien guy and wasn't that old. It was Brimley I was thinking of who was actually young.
looks like we are both having Corky moments today.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

on the bright side, Macchio will be frigging 60 next year.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Wasn't it in Ferris Beuller that Alan Ruck was 29 or 30 playing a 17 year old.

I just checked, yes 29, and he's now 63 years old.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dennehy lied about his military career and being in combat for years and years.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, he even pulled that shit on the set of First Blood. maybe he just wanted to fit in. stolen valor isnt always malicious.

Isn’t it always about just trying to fit in and get attention? What malicious reasons do people do stolen valor for?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Isn’t it always about just trying to fit in and get attention? What malicious reasons do people do stolen valor for?
money, attention or sympathy. people use those things as leverage. its malicious because they know they're doing it for dishonest gain. i meant that people saying "yup me too" isnt always that category. its like the #metoo people who said Harvey raped them by asking fotr a back massage and then "ran away in the nick of time". i have no doubt 99% of them were just trying to virtue signal for sympathy and name mentions while a very small percent just didnt want to feel excluded because they were too ugly for Harve to splooge over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users