Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My avatar cries at being misspelled. Mercyful Fate/King Diamond are literally my favorite band(s) of all time, as is probably obvious.

And to answer your question, King Diamond is not goth. A god perhaps, but not goth.
No matter how goth you are, Melkor is Morgoth.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
No matter how goth you are, Melkor is Morgoth.
nick-jonas-really.gif

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Look up the Silmarillion. Evil dude.
Man, I read that when I was in junior high, I can't remember that shit! And I will never, ever reread that thing. But thank you for the clarification.

Beyond the goth/more goth pun, of course, I got that. I just had no idea wtf it was about.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, I read that when I was in junior high, I can't remember that shit! And I will never, ever reread that thing. But thank you for the clarification.

Beyond the goth/more goth pun, of course, I got that. I just had no idea wtf it was about.

Silmarillion is a tough read. It's more like a history text than a novel. I've actually read it several times just to try to understand the lore that Tolkien created. It is epic and deserves attention. It's not for everyone, but I like that sort of thing.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Silmarillion is a tough read. It's more like a history text than a novel. I've actually read it several times just to try to understand the lore that Tolkien created. It is epic and deserves attention. It's not for everyone, but I like that sort of thing.
i read it, tried to. i stopped when i realized that i was just reading it, not remembering what i was reading and not enjoying it.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i read it, tried to. i stopped when i realized that i was just reading it, not remembering what i was reading and not enjoying it.
It's ok it was written for a 7th grade reading level back then so like PhD today.

• 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's ok it was written for a 7th grade reading level back then so like PhD today.
i read it in 1984, i was 12, after i finished Hobbit, LOTR and the Tom Bombadil story, those were good stories. Silmarillion is just dry reading. i got nothing from it. there is a reason that book hasnt been adapted for film yet. just for reference, i also read the Chris Tolkien books that were about his dad's unpublished notes and i liked those better and that was some boring stuff too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
One of the one star reviews for George RR Martin's Fire and Blood was "I didn't like the Silmarillion and I didn't like this." I feel like that told me enough.

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
i read it in 1984, i was 12, after i finished Hobbit, LOTR and the Tom Bombadil story, those were good stories. Silmarillion is just dry reading. i got nothing from it. there is a reason that book hasnt been adapted for film yet. just for reference, i also read the Chris Tolkien books that were about his dad's unpublished notes and i liked those better and that was some boring stuff too.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
One of the one star reviews for George RR Martin's Fire and Blood was "I didn't like the Silmarillion and I didn't like this." I feel like that told me enough.
when i was a kid (teenager), i liked maps. back in the day you could call up different state numbers and there was a bureau in each state for tourism and if you called and asked (nicely), they sent you a free map of their state. some of the states wanted money for postage. but almost all of them asked for your address and mailed a map to you. so for the next month or so i was getting maps in the mail. sometimes you got more than a map. sometimes you got a map and a booklet of all the interesting sites in each state. my parents didnt know what the fuck was going on, they probably thought i was planning on running away. when i got a map in the mail, i would get my magnifying glass and scrutinize each state closely and look for stuff of interest. thats how deep my nerd went. reading Silmarillion, was way dryer. my favorite states for maps was Nevada and Arizona, probably New Mexico too. when i finally got out there, i knew thats where i belonged. and i never moved there. worst mistake of my life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users