Wii U

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I picked up a pro controller for my wife. I just don't see how you can hope to be anything but terrible using the fucking remote and wheel.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Looks like the $200 Refurbished Wii U's from Nintendo are going on back order. Good news for Nintendo as it shows massive interest after E3, bad news for people that wanted a cheap Deluxe Wii U!

Tenks

I saw a gif of Luigi punching someone who had just got hit by a shell basically making them spin out again. Was I just imaging things or are there rules for your character interacting with a newly-spun character?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Luigi didn't punch someone. He drove past them quickly and glared at them. It was linked earlier in this thread.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh, found it.

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

Tenks

Luigi didn't punch someone. He drove past them quickly and glared at them. It was linked earlier in this thread.
ec3f1ccdae49204e90e6b56f57b75a3b.gif

It may just be the animation for spinning someone out on the motorcycle. Though I didn't know running into someone fast enough could spin them.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
This game is so goddamn rage inducing. Oh look I'm finally in 1st. Lightning hits while over a gap. Fished out and dropped back on the track. Buttfucked by a red shell. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place racers crush into me with star power. Green shells. Mayhem. Finish in 9th place. Me screaming, "HOW IS THIS FUN?"

Load up another race. Can't stop.

What I appreciate about the game is that it has humbled me. Getting rocked by some 13 year old from Arizona has reminded me what it is like to play a game that doesn't cater.

Neph_sl

shitlord
It may just be the animation for spinning someone out on the motorcycle. Though I didn't know running into someone fast enough could spin them.
I think it's the animation for drafting (speed boost from following just behind someone)

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was thinking of picking one of these up but here in the UK they seem fairly pricey still, at least compared to the $200 USD refurbed models so not sure I can justify it at the minute. Wind waker looks great though and I haven't played anything at all nintendo for about 15 years so Im sure I'd get my money's worth, what to do what to do....

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Meh just bought it, getting the mario kart bundle which gives me a free game (am thinking wind waker) and will buy pikmin 3 second hand. Any other essential games I should pick up? Haven't gamed on any console in around 15 years now, strictly PC only. Have to say Im pretty excited
smile.png

Column_sl

shitlord
There really isn't much if you look at the games out.

Just the 2 mario games, and maybe that wonderful 101 if you like pikmin.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah theres not a lot other than windwaker if you haven't played it, pikmin if you like pikmin and mario if you like mario.
All of which don't apply to me... so my WiiU has been sitting there for months untouched

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Nintendo's e3 presentation won me over and I purchased a wii u today. Does their updates usually take forever to download and install?

Tenks

Nintendo's e3 presentation won me over and I purchased a wii u today. Does their updates usually take forever to download and install?
Took me a solid hour. Maybe 1.5. From what I understand this was just an unusually large download.

Column_sl

shitlord
I would suggest getting Xenoblade now if you have any interest. It went from 89 down to 44 at gamestop,

Its a fun game, with some interesting RPG mechanics even tho the graphics look like ass because it launched on the Wii

Siliconemelons

Looks like the $200 Refurbished Wii U's from Nintendo are going on back order. Good news for Nintendo as it shows massive interest after E3, bad news for people that wanted a cheap Deluxe Wii U!
Mine is now listed as shipped, I think I ordered mine friday.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wonder how many Wii U consoles have to sell before 3rd parties start making games for it again. Not that Ireallycare. The offerings of very few console companies interest me besides Nintendo's own software. I've always found Nintendo gaming experiences vastly superior to most of what's out there. I'm struggling to even think of any non-Nintendo console exclusives I ever really gave a shit about... Uncharted, ya... The Last of Us, sure... God of War... Bayonetta was more fun anyway...

The only thing that will really piss me off is if Final Fantasy XV a) actually exists and b) is awesome, and c) comes out as a PS4 or XBone exclusive... Oh, and if you can play EQ:Next on a dualshock 4 with Project Morpheus. (take my money)

Siliconemelons

Nintendo lost 3rd party support with the N64, carts where nintendos stubbornness with cheap cd's that held more... consumers accepted load times and that did not play out for nintendo. since then nintendo has survived mostly on their IPs... people didn't think that was sufficient to get them out of the N64, or GameCube, or Wii or WiiU.