Wii U

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it has quality games but a lot of them I don't really care about. I haven't cared about Mario in a long time, Skyward looks like it got mixed opinions about it, Mario kart don't care about, Smash bro I don't really care about either so yeah, that kinda limits my options. Maybe once Xenoblade releases I'll grab one if the game lives up to the hype, though I'd probably need to get the first one on Dolphin first at some point. The new zelda might sweeten the deal whenever that releases, but doubt I'll buy one before like mid/end of next year.

spronk

FPS noob
i enjoy my nintendo consoles but if you are a gamer and its your only gaming system then you are really missing out. i play my ps4 and pc way, way more but stuff like mario kart 8, zelda, pikmin, and now bayonetta 2 are really fun.

3ds is pretty much the only game in town now on handhelds though (well phones i guess if you like that kandy crush shit), since vita is DOA

the mk8 promo last summer was the greatest though, buy mk8 and get a free game

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I use my Wii U for streaming Twitch to my big screen more than anything too (including playing my PS4), since it's web browser is so badass.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They are releasing the first Xenoblade on the New 3DS, who knows when we will get that though.
Yeah fuck that, it looks ugly as shit and I'd need to buy a new console just for it(at least until they announce other exclusives), might as well look for a Wii copy at that point and get my Wii out of the basement. Dolphin's good enough, I just need to get motivated enough to download/install all that nonsense and configure it properly, which I can't be assed to do as long as I have games to play.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I use my Wii U for streaming Twitch to my big screen more than anything too (including playing my PS4), since it's web browser is so badass.
Do you know why when I stream from my WiiU (and tablet, for that matter) Twitch looks ... washed out? I don't know how to describe it. It looks good from a distance but getting up close it looks like a pastel painting. It is very odd. Streaming from my laptop via HDMI I don't get the same issue.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Do you know why when I stream from my WiiU (and tablet, for that matter) Twitch looks ... washed out? I don't know how to describe it. It looks good from a distance but getting up close it looks like a pastel painting. It is very odd. Streaming from my laptop via HDMI I don't get the same issue.
This may not be the reason but it's possible.

Wii U only supports Limited RGB color mode - so if your TV is set to Full RGB it can make the Wii U look washed out - best solution is to set your TV and all consoles to Limited RGB anyways.

Tenks

But I assume that would hold true for playing games on it as well? The games look fine just video content on the web is where it looks strange.

nuday

Golden Squire
I picked up the HD remake of Wind Waker a few days ago, and I'm getting some crazy drops in FPS whenever I'm sailing and the octorock's appear anywhere near the boat.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, WiiU Smash is going to be sick as fuck. WiiU atm is my favorite system. So many great games out for it now.

Tenks

My wife said the only way she'll play Smash with me is if I don't talk shit during the game. WTF kind of rules are these.

Needless

Toe Sucker
My wife said the only way she'll play Smash with me is if I don't talk shit during the game. WTF kind of rules are these.
If you can't shit talk, pick bowser every time and just tilt special kill her over and over.
or DK grab her off the ledge.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I picked it up but I haven't passed Bayonetta 1 yet, and since they include that in the box I'm playing that first.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I think my girlfriend is getting annoyed at losing to me in Mario Kart, so I picked up Super Mario 3D World. Obviously I'll be getting Smash Brothers, as well. What else is good for two people on the same console?