Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

I am not really a fan of begging for keys, but if anyone feels inclined to be generous I would appreciate it. This is the game I am most excited about on the horizon and I am anxious to check it out.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like they were really stingy in handing out keys which of course is going to inflate the RMT market. It really doesn't matter what kind of strings are attached when the people who want to play and test aren't the ones getting the invites.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Btw they said on the stream yesterday that your chances increase to get in if you fill out the winter beta survey. Mine was in the spam folder in Gmail.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So on one hand gamers want the leveling curve slowed down and fights to be strategic. On the other they want to faceroll mobs WoW style. Is there no happy medium?
There are many ways to increase levelling time without increasing mob hp. I don't know why you'd think the correlation between the two is so certain.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Think the game is looking great. Only problem I have is I feel like killing each mob takes WAY to long. One thing I liked about WoW was how quickly mobs were killed. Fights get boring if they are too long.
This was my main concern as well, I even think I've been negged for mentioning it. In small doses I'm sure that action combat is fun, but I wonder how the masses are going to feel about all that spam after they've been playing for a few hours a day multiple times a week. For PvP I'd say it's a hoot, but for long grindy days of PvE it's going to get old fast. Then again maybe it will liven up the leveling process. Maybe Scooter could chime in on it sometime.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Using the Esper stream as a comparison point I would normally expect the fight durations shown at level 20 to be more of the 30-40ish range, maybe longer for 40-50 but certainly should be shorter for 10-30.

bailamos_sl

shitlord
Dunno. You can't force people to use them and the friend key is tied to the account it was given, so if the "Friend" does something wrong, you most likely lose yourself access too. So the only reason I would sell is if you were not playing at all anyway and most likely by then you already sold/gave away the main account.

I think no matter what you are going to have people selling beta keys, just can't avoid it.

I'm sure if carbine cared enough they know where to look to see the keys being sold and can trace them and the account and take action.
Pretty sure I could trust that someone willing to pay $200 for a beta key isn't going to be looking to get themselves banned. That threat seemed kind of silly to me.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Using the Esper stream as a comparison point I would normally expect the fight durations shown at level 20 to be more of the 30-40ish range, maybe longer for 40-50 but certainly should be shorter for 10-30.
Also, using the Esper livestream as a measuring stick: do the Devs suck at their own game, or is it really that hard?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Pretty sure I could trust that someone willing to pay $200 for a beta key isn't going to be looking to get themselves banned. That threat seemed kind of silly to me.
I have sold many a beta and yeah the people paying for a beta are the ones that really care about it and aren't getting banned.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also, using the Esper livestream as a measuring stick: do the Devs suck at their own game, or is it really that hard?
Single pulls are easy, however you are likely to roll into shit dodging enemy telegraphs. Multiple mobs kill your shield fast and thus kill you fast. If i was in beta I probably would have died a few times in the newbie zone and I've been MMO'ing since 2001. You certainly will die if you start mindlessly running into packs of mobs and try to just AoE them down.

Bruman

Golden Squire
My concern with the telegraph system is it's going to be a game of nothing but stare at the floor. WoW was already bad enough with that, but with the added bonus of 'watch 100 mods and bars and buttons'. These things take you out of the game world - not bring you into it. There's definitely a market for it though, and a lot of people like it I guess. Probably just won't be the game for me - at least not long-term.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I don't remember Tera really having any. It was more of you watched the boss eye's flash red that signaled a incoming move and if you got that eye icon above your head as a dps, a swipe/twist was coming if melee and if range a jump/ability was coming at you, in both situations you just moved out or as a ranged used a blink/jump etc to move.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hmm I don't remember Tera really having any. It was more of you watched the boss eye's flash red that signaled a incoming move and if you got that eye icon above your head as a dps, a swipe/twist was coming if melee and if range a jump/ability was coming at you, in both situations you just moved out or as a ranged used a blink/jump etc to move.
OK so these are no kidding things on the ground.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I would say based on those videos, its more forgiving then Tera. In Tera if you got hit by a non auto attack move, you almost always got 1 shot(past level 25ish or so). These seem to do a pretty good chunk but you can live through a few, just don't want to get hit by multiple ones all at once.