Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't worry, there's always Tuesdays with a snowstorm and the next coming of the polar vortex.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Game seems like it has potential. Combat is smooth. Something feels off about it though. Don't know what the disconnect is. Maybe it's me.

Probably a buy at release.
I only played WoW for about 9 months total off/on, and although it wasn't the game for me one thing that impressed me a lot about it was how responsive and seemingly error-free the controls were. There was instant feedback and 'feel' from what I clicked and what I wanted my character to do almost immediately. It felt extremely smooth and that is one thing that I took away from that game to this day.

Now when I play any game that's an obvious WoW clone (Rift, SWTOR, Warhammer, WS, TESO, etc) I find myself loving the worlds, look and lore of the games but hating the controls because I'm sure somewhere in my subconscious, I see those games as better or potentially better than WoW for my personality, but far more horrible than WoW in the way they actually work. It's always something I can never reconcile consciously.

Maybe you found a game that does that in reverse; you say combat is smooth and it has potential, but you might can't connect with the game on a personal level.

Raign

Golden Squire
Game seems like it has potential. Combat is smooth. Something feels off about it though. Don't know what the disconnect is. Maybe it's me.

Probably a buy at release.
How is your hardware? I ask because I play on two computers -- a mid-range gaming laptop and a pretty high end desktop and when I play on the laptop I feel exactly like you do.. low ping but still something is just a little sluggish/off. On the desktop though things seem much more snappy.

Given that there is a lot more movement in this than Wow, I expected it to 'feel' more sluggish just because it has much higher apm, but of the complaints I do have about the game, responsiveness is definitely not one of them

Xevy

Log Wizard
Once you fight a couple of the AE heavy boss-type mobs, the combat feels pretty good with you dodging and rolling and trying to get your rotations off while in and out of asymmetrical telegraphs. It's also pretty great once you play enough of the classes to know which tele's in pvp you need to gtfo of and you get that roll off and realize you may have just saved your life.

Syia_sl

shitlord
If you watch Zybak's stream, you can see moving out of telegraphs is smooth. FFXIV always had the issue of getting hit outside of the telegraph; Wildstar doesn't seem to have this issue. Movement can feel a bit floaty like GW2 due to momentum, which is a bit of a disconnect from a lot of other games.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm still positively enthusiastic about it. There's enough good in Wildstar to warrant my purchase. At the end of the day, I don't care about big breasted cartoony characters (although I do care that it shows a willingness to cave to vocal forum warriors).
That is what irritates me so much about this. I'm not saying high horse your decisions until judgement day, but given the entire visual style of this game those complaints were retarded, but they caved. Kinda reminds me of Blizzard caving over and over to the detriment of their game, so meh.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Currently in the forums they've gone into enforcement mode. I think they realized they shouldn't have caved, but instead of saying "our bad" they're just locking all the troll threads and actually posting stuff like "Yeah, we get it. Don't do this stuff, dicks. Locked."

Some of the devs are a few more thread posts from calling some of these people retards, I'm fairly certain.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Currently in the forums they've gone into enforcement mode. I think they realized they shouldn't have caved, but instead of saying "our bad" they're just locking all the troll threads and actually posting stuff like "Yeah, we get it. Don't do this stuff, dicks. Locked."

Some of the devs are a few more thread posts from calling some of these people retards, I'm fairly certain.
Devs? Or just the CM crew?

I haven't seen a Dev respond to any of the threads in Character Creation sub-forum..a very depressing place. Also, they seem to only nuke threads about female body types.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think it's mostly CM. Devs rarely respond to stuff unless it's a major issue like something straight-up not working at all. Though occasionally you see the "Hey I just hopped on here to say sorry we're working on it but I can't respond more because I'm trying to write the code".

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone still have a spare key lying around?

Pretty excited for this wanna see how telegraph healing works. Hell the combat looks like I might even be able to enjoy a dps class again. something that basically ended with the EQ necro for me.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Oh great, another game where everyone makes fun of me for playing melee.
I'm confused. You say that like it wasn't the highlight of FF:ARR?

What a cock block. I finally got a key (Thanks Voldeth!), have off from work today, and the game is down all day for maintenance.
mad.png
You're welcome. Monday's do suck but so long as you're not expecting much innovation you'll get plenty of fun out of the beta.

Does rerolled have a guild right now? If you guys do, send me a PM.
Super secret PM sent to does that have asked. Will make some type of post regarding everything whenever they remove the NDA.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I think the combat is fun, really. It's some of the most smooth and reactive in terms of the more twitchier MMOS I've played. The double jump is a nice touch as well.

And yeah, I'm sad that the realms are down right now. Was going to try out Dominion.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"You've been warned previously for uploading an inappropriate image; re-uploading the same image after being warned not to has resulted in another warning. Self-censorship does not suddenly make an image appropriate for use on our forums.

Please be aware that a third upload of the image will result in a suspension from our forums. "

I think Scooter doesn't like me much.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Can someone explain how the average user of this board benefits when things like NDA breaks are modded out? Companies use NDAs to protect themselves and to fuck players. Given that players are the main reason this website exists, why exactly is Draegan going with the scumbag move of protecting a shitty company?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because he runs a network of fansites dedicated to these games and can suffer backlash from nda breaks being posted. overall there are a ton of nda breaks in this thread going down to just saying were in it. if someone really wants to know what some of the bigger ones were, they can always PM the poster and will probably get an answer.