Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Best part about beta forums is people dismissing feedback they disagree with by saying "it's still beta". Anyway forums have some decent threads, but mostly at this point it's too late for large scale changes so there's only so much you can give feedback on that's actually useful.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Sad to see that people aren't happy with the game right now. I had such hopes for it.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only thing I tell people is to try any game for yourself before making a decision. Never rely on others to make it for you.

When it comes to MMOs its so easy to try the game for free before ever having to spend money on it.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I still haven't received my email yet, so if anyone has a friend invite they would like to throw my way I'd greatly appreciate it.

iannis

Musty Nester
Sad to see that people aren't happy with the game right now. I had such hopes for it.

It's still a good game. If they finish what they've started it will be a pretty good game. It has the potential to be a great game, but it all depends on how fast they're able to work.

They did a big class rebalance, and it was a step in the right direction. The class dev is not only aware of the problem, but actively working to fix it.

Sure it would be better if it wasn't a problem to begin with but he could also pull the old "well maybe vanguard isn't the game FOR you" line. And he's not doing that.

Just remember nobody is really gonna talk about "wow this part is AWESOME!" because that's not how criticism works.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm probably going to get it, but the quests and what not that I've played so far were kind of boring. I guess that could be because I'm still in the newbie areas, hopefully they get better.

The big question is if the raid content is any good, or even if there is raid content... Will it be there at launch? It needs to be.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's still a good game. If they finish what they've started it will be a pretty good game. It has the potential to be a great game, but it all depends on how fast they're able to work.

They did a big class rebalance, and it was a step in the right direction. The class dev is not only aware of the problem, but actively working to fix it.

Sure it would be better if it wasn't a problem to begin with but he could also pull the old "well maybe vanguard isn't the game FOR you" line. And he's not doing that.

Just remember nobody is really gonna talk about "wow this part is AWESOME!" because that's not how criticism works.
Accurate. I'm sure people think I'm a fanboy or white-knight or shit, but mostly just trying to argue against the out-pour of negativity because a game can be 75% good, but you'll never hear about that 75%. Just what people don't like.

And if one more retard says "CARTOONY GRAPHICS; PASS!"... That's like not eating at a restaurant because it has pictures of the food on the menu. You think it means it's worse than the other option, but it doesn't.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh I wouldn't care if someone passed on the game because of the graphics, some people just do not like that style, but it's not a good/bad thing, just mere taste.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

I'm still positively enthusiastic about it. There's enough good in Wildstar to warrant my purchase. At the end of the day, I don't care about big breasted cartoony characters (although I do care that it shows a willingness to cave to vocal forum warriors).

I think that for players who want an updated WoW with action combat, Wildstar is great. A lot of this forum seem to feel that the MMO genre is stale and are looking for something groundbreaking; Wildstar is not that. It follows tried and true MMO concepts; I'll agree that a lot of those concepts are horrible (I'm looking at you two factions & quest hubs) but I find enough good in it that if they can deliver on their elder game promises (a 20 man & 40 man raid zone that requires time/effort to be able to enter, large warplots for guild pvp, etc) that it's well worth the purchase.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I mean it's hardly perfect. In fact it's far from perfect. And anyone expecting it to be shouldn't expect that from a MMO. Or a woman. It's like the guy said a few pages back. And it seems super obvious but in wildstar it really shows even more than in most mmo's. The game is just more fun to play in groups.

The solo stuff is too easy to be much fun. Honestly, I'm not sure if that's a problem. 36 cap, a small (but growing) beta pool, an amazingly shitty server... it kind of exaggerates it. I don't know if it will feel that dull/grindy when those 3 things are less pronounced.

It will very much BE a problem if they can't provide a reasonable amount of group content. They punctuate the quest grind with enough funny/cool little tasks to keep it from being mundane, and they do diversify it with path quests. I dunno that anyone could do better given the restraints of predefined levels, classes, and quests lines.

Give me a non-level achievement based MMO and I'll think that's pretty neat!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm probably going to get it, but the quests and what not that I've played so far were kind of boring. I guess that could be because I'm still in the newbie areas, hopefully they get better.

The big question is if the raid content is any good, or even if there is raid content... Will it be there at launch? It needs to be.
The MMORPG article linked earlier stated that both the 20 & 40 man raids will be available at launch but that they would be 'considerably difficult to enter' or some such. Poor Cinge & Sutekh are probably sick of my PMs trying to convince them to come raid.
smile.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha I'm going to raid, the question will be is "will I play your super hardcore launch",that I don't know, depends on RL/work and if i want too and skip a lot of stuff.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Haha I'm going to raid, the question will be is "will I play your super hardcore launch",that I don't know, depends on RL/work and if i want too and skip a lot of stuff.
Pajac, Taxt & Catpokes are confirmed in. Sean said he'd download it and give it a shot & Sutekh gave Censura a key. That means we can have our entire group back for the glory of internet dragon slaying; that demands a hardcore attitude & approach!

Syia_sl

shitlord
Pajac, Taxt & Catpokes are confirmed in. Sean said he'd download it and give it a shot & Sutekh gave Censura a key. That means we can have our entire group back for the glory of internet dragon slaying; that demands a hardcore attitude & approach!
Oh great, another game where everyone makes fun of me for playing melee.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Game seems like it has potential. Combat is smooth. Something feels off about it though. Don't know what the disconnect is. Maybe it's me.

Probably a buy at release.

Ryanz

<Banned>
What a cock block. I finally got a key (Thanks Voldeth!), have off from work today, and the game is down all day for maintenance.
mad.png