Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Can someone explain how the average user of this board benefits when things like NDA breaks are modded out? Companies use NDAs to protect themselves and to fuck players. Given that players are the main reason this website exists, why exactly is Draegan going with the scumbag move of protecting a shitty company?
integrity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Can someone explain how the average user of this board benefits when things like NDA breaks are modded out? Companies use NDAs to protect themselves and to fuck players. Given that players are the main reason this website exists, why exactly is Draegan going with the scumbag move of protecting a shitty company?
A lot of the stuff in this thread is very borderline some steps over some don't. I don't mind it for the most part because the game's been streaming and released to the press for 99% of the stuff being discussed in this thread. When you start quoting the beta forums, I'm going to have to step in. If you want to link to another site that has leaked stuff and talk about go for it I guess.

It's not about protecting a "shitty company" as you put it, it's protecting future "good companies" that might be making games. If you want to call that a scumbag move, go ahead but feel free to fuck off too.

iannis

Musty Nester
I figgure if they're gonna get upset about generally positive reviews and hit someone with NDA crap, they don't deserve anyone talking about their work at all. But you do have to understand there is a line and respect it. I've had to self-edit a few times (which is anethma to my very being) because I read what I wrote and realized, "that's probably a step too far". It's a gentlemans agreement. Just don't be a nogger and you should be good.

Draagoons not being a dick.This time.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
Oh noes, a quote from the beta forums was removed! Waah waah. Let the guy do his job. You get plenty of info out of this thread as is.

If anybody can tell me what the most boring class is, I'd appreciate it. Pm me if you must. I'm still interested in a key. I'll even roll a class you might need or be a heal bitch as payment.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You just claimed that Draegan has integrity? Are you kidding?
I rail on Draegan and take more crap from mods than anyone, but in regards to the NDA stuff, definitely.

That doesn't mean he isn't an evil capitalist. He just seems smart enough not to burn bridges. That's kind of what we are for, a la the Pantheon thread.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
It's not about protecting a "shitty company" as you put it, it's protecting future "good companies" that might be making games. If you want to call that a scumbag move, go ahead but feel free to fuck off too.
Good games don't need an NDA to protect them. The only purpose of an NDA for these kinds of games is to prevent the end consumer from knowing the actual quality of the game. In effect, the NDA is only in place so that people who otherwise would avoid the game might be tricked into buying it via other means (I.E.: Marketing)

There is no scenario in where you're doing the end user of this site a favor by enforcing NDAs. Acting like there's a higher reason that somehow benefits people here is nothing short of disingenuous.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good games don't need an NDA to protect them. The only purpose of an NDA for these kinds of games is to prevent the end consumer from knowing the actual quality of the game. In effect, the NDA is only in place so that people who otherwise would avoid the game might be tricked into buying it via other means (I.E.: Marketing)

There is no scenario in where you're doing the end user of this site a favor by enforcing NDAs. Acting like there's a higher reason that somehow benefits people here is nothing short of disingenuous.
This game suppose to be released soon? I mean.. I guess I can understand if it's schedule for release in less then a month but if not, don't they still have time to drop the NDA? Haven't been following it.. But I agree with the general consensus of fuck Dreagen...=p

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you're going to continue to shit post, keep it in the other threads.
I rail on Draegan and take more crap from mods than anyone, but in regards to the NDA stuff, definitely.

That doesn't mean he isn't an evil capitalist. He just seems smart enough not to burn bridges. That's kind of what we are for, a la the Pantheon thread.
Draegan, it was a joke, you know it. Lighten up. I have yet to shit post so I can't continue to ...

That being said despite it being the right choice to edit that post, I know you ignored NDA issues on ESO in the past whether it was because you felt it was a shit game to begin with or something else or you just didn't know. Wildstar IIRC was a game you at least used to be highly interested in. It feels like anything that is your pet project you are interested in then that is the only time you care to actually moderate.

If you are going to edit out NDA you need to be consistent. If you are going to take a neutral stance and protect game companies you also need to not help facilitate them either like you did with Brad.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Imagine 300 retards saying "Fuck this game, auto-attack doesn't work" and 300 more retards reading that and giving up on the game never to check this thread again.

Then the next day a hotfix fixes auto-attack.

That's basically everything that's been NDA breaking in this thread. Mostly people complaining about shit that's still being tweaked. Or complaining about shit that isn't even in game.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I wish WoW had kept their NDA until release - wouldnt have mattered for their success and all these tards would now complain about so much info being out, a good game keeps the NDA, yadda yadda.

Seriously though, this being under NDA without an official release date is no surprise at all. And this being the internet it isnt a surprise that you can find any info you want if you look for it. Why act offended/surprised?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've played them all except medic and stalker, but from what I've heard stalker is very much the lone wolf kind of class. Really good 1v1 but in the clusterfuck not as great as the huge conal classes.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
After watching a bunch of the streams, Warrior would have to be the most boring -- but boring is kinda subjective. Warrior doesn't use a bunch of different buttons to do damage, seems they only use 2-4 skills to actually hit things with, the rest of the hotbar is filled up with more movement/utility type skills. Which is pretty much how I imagined it too be.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
NDAs only screw over stupid gamers. There's plenty of options for informed gamers. I have no problem with NDAs being up however long the company decides is in their best interest. Longer NDA just means they have something to hide or things to fix. Not hard to figure out really.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
After watching a bunch of the streams, Warrior would have to be the most boring -- but boring is kinda subjective. Warrior doesn't use a bunch of different buttons to do damage, seems they only use 2-4 skills to actually hit things with, the rest of the hotbar is filled up with more movement/utility type skills. Which is pretty much how I imagined it too be.
That's kinda how every classes are, which is why they're all fairly boring. You have 1 autoattack skill, 2-3 spammable/semi spammable skills for single target/aoe and the rest is utility or cooldown based shit or even heals(when DPS). Basically it's like GW2 where you have your 5 locked skills per weapon(only that you generally get 3-4 instead and there's really only one "weapon" per class), 3 utility slots and 1 heal slot(but the heal slot can be more utility) and the ultimate slot is actually your innate so you don't have to slot it but it's always the same and if you're a stalker you don't get one.

Combat itself is fun due to fluidity/movement/fast pace, but the classes themselves are boring as all fuck.