Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Let's see. Fuck cash shops, costume tabs, free to play, instant travel, any other aspect of MMO's that take the grand reward and "multiplayer" aspect out of the actual game. There are no such things as MMO's anymore. Only single player RPG's with multiplayer aspects!!!
play diablo 3. it's way better.

iannis

Musty Nester
You're really not testing anything.

These are pre-release preorder marketing weekends.

I mean I'm not going to go burn down Texas or anything for trying to make a dollar off of their game. But if you're filing bug reports at this stage you're wasting your time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Incentive for helping test shit? Yeah, fuck those nerds!

Wait.
Look I like the game, I have fun and plan to buy but lets not be stupid here. This is not something just for "pre-release helping". If they have the art and system for these that means its going into the cash shop. I don't have a problem giving them away to people who do their weekends, I have a problem with the whole idea of them in a game with sub + box price.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks like they got some ideas from their trips to Arenanet.

rrr_img_63357.png

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Moderately obnoxiousifyou only can get keys from random mob drops. Think my characters in GW2 had a slew of them I'd only open when getting a key from the world.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
I thought they specifically said no cash shop? Maybe it's just what would be nice and chance at nice free silly shit like xp pots? (prays)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will have to see, but I wont hold my breath. Can pray it's just for special events or such and the stuff inside can be earned in game.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Let's make sure all the kiddies see the bright shiny free stuff as long as they keep logging in. They know their audience 100%.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think they're doing this to keep populations up during testing...but hey, tinfoil away! Besides they're not just scrip they're also plex type model and no pay2win cash shop shit. I ain't worried. More like each box has like a 5% exp booster that stacks for 1 hour or some shit.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Think they're doing this to keep populations up during testing...but hey, tinfoil away! Besides they're not just scrip they're also plex type model and no pay2win cash shop shit. I ain't worried. More like each box has like a5% exp booster that stacks for 1 hour or some shit.
Because you know more than the next guy? You think if some CEO isn't planning and plotting behind the scenes trying to see how much money they can grab. I believe the quote goes "If it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense." The way the genre has been going the past 5 years it only makes sense to have insurance. It only makes sense to have a plan in place just in case. Throw some marketing ploy and carefully worded statements to grab the consumers attention and bam. It always ends up this way. Until a game company designs an mmo with no fucking intentions to make a cash grab and actually make a game worth playing. I will never believe a word out of any game companies mouth. Ever. I used to enjoy gaming. I used to enjoy things that were difficult and took time and patience. If I sat down with a game I wanted a challenge. I wanted to actually feel like I earned something. But it's the same song and dance every time a new game comes out. New promises extreme hype followed by lies and a mother fucking cash shop.

Filthy Casuals.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hrm, didn't think they'd do it this early, but they would eventually. This is NCSoft, a rang rang company remember?

They have this shit in Lineage 2, don't they have similar in GW1?

Thought all their games had cash shops pretty much. Wildstar is going to be cash shop heaven. Doesn't surprise me one bit.