Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well of course they rolled Dominion... you have a choice of psychopathic science-obsessed furballs and english assholes vs moonshine rednecks and anime fans.

misery_sl

shitlord
I rolled Exile. Mordesh are awesome, humans are humans, rocks are hard, and small bisexual transgender whatever furries (chua) vs cliche anime furry ear people (aurin), you can't really win there. I rolled Aurin btw.

Also, Celestion is an AMAZING starting zone. Explorer trailblazing 5 stack + jumpy shrooms make for some amazing times. You can literally fly over almost the entire level.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
You know, that's a good question. How do the Chua repopulate?

I'm a Draken. Because fuck yeah, war!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know, that's a good question. How do the Chua repopulate?

I'm a Draken. Because fuck yeah, war!
Oddly, there's a researcher or some shit in the starting area for the Dominion that says "nobody knows, and anyone who asks ends up dead" or something similar.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy shit. I am so fucking in love with my Engineer. Just discovered the awesomeness that is Boltcaster. Leveling as my Engineer has felt so right it's like a second arm.

1-25 Pulse Blast/ Electrocute Spam

25+ Respect to T4 Bioshell (IMPORTANT), T4 Bolt caster, Energy Auger

Shotgunneer

For AoE replace Bolt caster with Electrocute

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Engineer is one of the weirder classes - you start level 1-25 with Pulse Blast spam and then when you get to your 30s you unlock Bioshell, EA, BC - by the time you can t8 Electrocute there's all types of fun to be had.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, Engineer is one of the weirder classes - you start level 1-25 with Pulse Blast spam and then when you get to your 30s you unlock Bioshell, EA, BC - by the time you can t8 Electrocute there's all types of fun to be had.
I can already envision action sets and I only have 2 unlocked so far
1 single target
2 AoE
3 PvP
4 Tank

Is their a decent Engineer Utility action set? Like full Utility? Not that we need another awesome action set but some of the Utility skills look fun.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pulse blast? that shit was off my bar the minute I had bio shell, like level 12 or some shit. I never found a reason to use the single target spec while levelling, it was easier to just pull multiple mobs and kill them with electrocute (plus you can innate like every other group and spam into a huge pull and just DESTROY them with the added AE). Definitely my favorite class though, the dps 'rotation' is just so fun. My basic questing pull setup once I had T4 bioshell: Auger, instant Bio, Artillery bot and Volatile Injection, electrocute spam, bio shell as soon as it's off CD (you'll still be in the instant zone) electrocute until mob is dead. Quick Burst on cd of course while doing this. Bruiser Bot and Zap both ready for some interrupts/tanking, it was easy to kill most primes with this setup too once you get the skills/amps. Just make your bruiser bot taunt on CD to relieve the pressure, and kite when he's not tanking.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
T4 Boltcaster lowers the cooldown of your T4 instant cast Bioshell byu .5 seconds for each beam that hits. Plus Bio shell geenrates 30 vitality allowing you to get off another 1-2 (Remember volatility rising) Bolt Casters.

I'm about to start Farside and see if this single target spec with Bio Shell for AoE is as effect for leveling as just using electrocute.

Either of you have a decent tank action set? I haven't bothered looking at all.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Right, Bolt Caster IS vastly superior single target, it's more that although I could pull singles plenty while levelling, I was much more commonly fighting 2-5 mobs, where the electrocute build is stronger. I would sometimes see them conveniently located and just hit all my buttons and pull up to like 12 mobs with that nonsense. Worked great. Personal preference (in a raid or dungeon you'll swap based on fight, amps are the same thankfully).

For tanking there are TONS of viable builds. Since I'm still undergeared in that regard I've been trying to go as survivability oriented as possible, I don't have repair bot and it still bugs out medics as far as I know, which is what I'm playing with mostly, so I'm just sitting on points waiting for the boosted armor amp to finally exist. I run Shock Pulse, Particle Ejector, Disruptive Module as my attacks, then just hyperwave, bruiser bot, recursive matrix, Personal Defense Field and Zap. Nothing really fancy or super complicated about the build, just what I've been doing.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The builds you you would (at 50):

1- Single target BC spec
2- Multi target electrocute spec
3- 'In the Zone' maximum threat tank spec
4- Max Shield BOT spec (when repair bot is fixed).
5- Some type of PVP spec

There's no utility spec for any class. Wildstar does not have a utility role - except if you count running two healers for veteran dungeons.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
What are the pro skills to use as warrior? I'm like lvl 15 now and figure rather than spamming 2-3 abilities I might as well drop in to ask. I had never really followed the game until it released and I'm enjoying it.