Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So how are some of you guys making early money? I saw a post about flipping AMP's but can't seem to find it again. Im not looking to become barron von money bags but it would be nice not having to worry about money.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how are some of you guys making early money? I saw a post about flipping AMP's but can't seem to find it again. Im not looking to become barron von money bags but it would be nice not having to worry about money.
Flipping AMPS is a tedious waste of time... and probably the worst way to capitalize on the blossoming commodities market. If you really want to make money, focus on large volume items that folks are selling below vendor in bulk. A few of the real gems to make money on are Ironbark Wood and Zephyrite Crystals, but it's really going to depend on your server. Essentially, you want to be involved in anything that has a gap between Vendor Price and Competition of at least 1 silver. Anything less than that is not worth the hassle. Basically, you'll want to "Create a Buy Order" 1 copper above your competition and make sure your "stack" is at least 20 or more, then wait.

As you sell more and more items, your nest egg will grow allowing you to expand to more and more items and use larger and larger stacks, exponentially increasing your wealth. I've personally made about 3p in the last two days casually doing this. It also seems to be much easier to do this during the week as opposed to weekends where there is more competition as there are always folks "one upping" the buy bids.

Carl_sl

shitlord
What are the pro skills to use as warrior? I'm like lvl 15 now and figure rather than spamming 2-3 abilities I might as well drop in to ask. I had never really followed the game until it released and I'm enjoying it.
cut from[Guide] Warrior Raid Dps - Warrior - 2ARC Gaming

1. Power Strike
2. Breaching Strikes
3. Relentless Strikes

I'll start this portion by saying that by no means is this a perfect rotation, and there are many people that do it better than myself, but here's what we're looking for:

To begin, you'll want to use some Relentless Strikes and build up some kinetic energy. Now bring on the Power Strikes! Back to Relentless and hope to proc the cooldown removal of Power Strikes, Power Strike again don't forget to use Power Link before you Power Strike. Remember to keep looking out for those critical hits and laying on the Breaching Strikes. Stay above 750 kinetic energy or your DPS will drop significantly as it benefits all of your abilities. After Power Strikes you should always be able to sneak in one more Relentless Strikes before moving to bring up a utility. If you're one of the warriors assigned to bring up Defense Grid or Smackdown, don't stress too hard because there is plenty of time in the rotation for fillers.

As a quick ending statement for the rotation, the only perfect one you can make for the Warrior is the one that fills every gap. Min/maxing as a warrior is extremely difficult due to the procs, and everything we do is situational. Playing a warrior will be easy for most people, being a Great Warrior will come from experience and practice, the what to do when situations pop up every few seconds. So make yourself competitive, get out there, get on the meters, hit the dummies, and make everyone else wish they could do what you can.

The rotation doesn't have many buttons, but when you hit 25 it really picks up speed because you get a chance at removing the cooldown on breaching strikes.

Wubble_sl

shitlord
Long time lurker, managed to bag one of the earlier guest passes, and ended up subbing. Thought I should give back:

F9OLZ31JX6XU98E25NV7
WJKORL48NU0LJQBN0IUB
QH83MRQEQYFTIAMAOXGF

Caliane

AH seems broken.

I've been trying to figure out why people are selling things below vender price.

BUY NOW.
Was buying silk cloth at 1 silver, 24 copper.

had 5gold, 59silver, 94 copper.
Bought 1 to test.
left me with 5gold, 53 silver, 70 copper.

Email says cost, 1silver, 24 copper.

Actual Cost, 6 silver, 24 copper.

Try 1 mana weave.
14s7 copper price.
Email says 13silver cost.
Actual cost. 18 silver

Have not check to see if buy orders do this too.

Anyone have an explanation I am missing?

Hrm. actually looking at buy orders. there is a flat 5 silver fee listed THERE.

Flank_sl

shitlord
The AH takes its cut on the buyers end (like WoW did on the sellers). I believe the minimum AH cut is 5s, and after that it is a percentage of the value (2%?).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That really sucks. I really haven't heard of people having the problems you are having so probably just shitty luck. ESO was like that with me. Only thing I can suggest is doing a fresh install and not using any addons. Make sure you delete your appdata ncsoft folder. Try sending an e-mail to CS explaining everything that is going wrong.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
anyone got one more guest key? all of thoes others
are used

Flight

Molten Core Raider
That really sucks. I really haven't heard of people having the problems you are having so probably just shitty luck. ESO was like that with me. Only thing I can suggest is doing a fresh install and not using any addons. Make sure you delete your appdata ncsoft folder. Try sending an e-mail to CS explaining everything that is going wrong.
Nothing to do with addons mate - multiple other people stood around at most of these quests waiting for mobs that don't spawn. Story quest is just badly designed with i) mobs stuck in geometry that you can't get at ii) no way to get out of the initial area when you re enter the instance. Crafting is just fucked, not giving XP and the game thinks Im max lvl as tier 7 is open to me when I'm at tier 4.

Just a lot of poor quality game design IMO from lvl 30 on up. Level 35 zone you do the same quests with slight variance multiple times. Kill quests take increasingly more mobs to stretch out the game too. Mob density and mob balance is all to fuck, Soldier terminal missions in really stupid places where you are guaranteed to get more adds than you can handle. Up to 25 was fine, after that it just got annoying and the jokes got old and lame.

Petitioning a bug and getting a canned response with no relation to the issue suggesting it might be my GFX card just took the piss.

This is just leveling mind, not end game. We'll see how it goes but right now it feels as though the main thing this game will achieve is make WoW seem refreshing, which is a fucking crime.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thankfully only ran into two bugs. One was Doombringer kala in Wilderunn, which I think is still bugged. NPC is there, but can't interact with her at all. THankfully it doesn't stop any other progression and you just move north and move on.

The other was the world story that starts @ 30, the panels were bugging out. They fixed this I think two days ago and I was able to go back and do the 30, 35 and 40 one.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Something wrong with patcher? friend was trying to patch all day but everytime it hit 3% it would stop downloading. Tried all those weird posted fixes and nada worked, so just scrapped it and played BF4.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nothing to do with addons mate - multiple other people stood around at most of these quests waiting for mobs that don't spawn. Story quest is just badly designed with i) mobs stuck in geometry that you can't get at ii) no way to get out of the initial area when you re enter the instance. Crafting is just fucked, not giving XP and the game thinks Im max lvl as tier 7 is open to me when I'm at tier 4.

Just a lot of poor quality game design IMO from lvl 30 on up. Level 35 zone you do the same quests with slight variance multiple times. Kill quests take increasingly more mobs to stretch out the game too. Mob density and mob balance is all to fuck, Soldier terminal missions in really stupid places where you are guaranteed to get more adds than you can handle. Up to 25 was fine, after that it just got annoying and the jokes got old and lame.

Petitioning a bug and getting a canned response with no relation to the issue suggesting it might be my GFX card just took the piss.

This is just leveling mind, not end game. We'll see how it goes but right now it feels as though the main thing this game will achieve is make WoW seem refreshing, which is a fucking crime.
Ok. Shoulda noticed the narrative. Carry on.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I am sick of just getting constantly ganked now. I'm not a complete scrub, in wow I would fancy my chances against anyone who attacked me, often even 2 people. In this game, my medic just dies. I absolutely need 6 damage skills to kill things in a reasonable time, and I still seem to kill slower than other classes. I have a 7th damage skill to maximize it, but that does not leave me room for any of the mobility skills (or the barely existent medic cc). Other classes seem to be able to lock me down constantly and I just fall over. Espers can snare me 100% of the time, stalkers have leash (and fucking stealth, when will people stop putting stealth into the game). Engineers and warriors have a plethora of shit to control me. And all I can do back is 2 attacks per 10 seconds, because al of my other skills are so easy to doge that they are not even worth using.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
One thing that makes zero sense to me (playing on a PVP server) is the pre-50 pvp gear has pvp stats on it. This makes no sense. I understand the reason for these stats at level cap: to allow gear progression via pvp similiar to raiders experience via PVE. Why do they exist pre-50? If I'm reading the stats right, the first BG set you can buy gives you +30 percent damage PVP and -30 percent damage taken. This is enormous.

Here is the problem: if someone in PVP gear attacks me while I'm questing, I'm at a huge disadvantage unless I also wear PVP gear. But if I do, I'm at a disadvantage for questing. It's a boost to gankers (the most common form of open world pvp in leveling zones) that they dont' really need. They already wait until I engage a mob. Don't get me wrong, I'm not QQing and I'm not jimmie-rustled. I don't understand the logic here. In AA, there was no such thing and it was nice knowing that I wasn't walking into a fight at an(EDIT: thanks Flank)51 percenthandicap.

So, to sum it up; if you're interested in questing AND world PVP, you may as well run the BG gear sets which negate most quest rewards. If you're interested in ganking people, this is your game -- go get PVP gear and enjoy having both the element of surprise AND an enormous stat buff. If you want to level via quests on a PVP server, don't get discouraged when you seem to lose a lot of 1v1s... the pvp gear seems like an insurmountable advantage.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT:
I am sick of just getting constantly ganked now.
The above might explain your frustration.