Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't get this complaint... do you play MMO's longer than FPS's for some reason?
Duh?

In my experience I'll play an FPS for an hour or two. I will rarely get in 3-4 hours.

When I played WoW, I had raids that lasted 4-5 hours and generally spent and hour before preparing and an hour after counting my lots.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't care if you post links to leaks because I can't really stop people from pointing to right direction, and I can't be bothered. But do not post leaked information directly on these forums. If you want to talk about stuff, go ahead.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Duh?

In my experience I'll play an FPS for an hour or two. I will rarely get in 3-4 hours.

When I played WoW, I had raids that lasted 4-5 hours and generally spent and hour before preparing and an hour after counting my lots.
That's stupid, are you hideously overweight or something that you get so exhausted moving the mouse?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That's stupid, are you hideously overweight or something that you get so exhausted moving the mouse?
I think it's more about mental exhaustion when playing an FPS.... Well... Doing it well anyway. If you are playing for 4+ hours, I'm guessing you like to snipe.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's more about mental exhaustion when playing an FPS.... Well... Doing it well anyway. If you are playing for 4+ hours, I'm guessing you like to snipe.
Eh not really. Can easily sit down and play a fps for 5 or more hours. If you need to afk just leave the game and then join later.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can see the complaint but it's not necessarily a FPS thing, just a can you sit down for 4+ hours and be focused the entire time on a video game. In a mmo you don't have to when raiding, sure the raid might take a while but there's a fuckton of lulls, like between pulls, after wipes, before pulling a boss, waiting on afk people that kind of shit, plus in general unless it's high end raiding it's not even that stressful because the difficulty is fairly low and that's especially true on farm days and shit. On the other hand if you play 4 hours of a FPS, chances are you're actually playing the 4hours, not playing 2hours with constant breaks. Holds true for almost every game but RPGs which tend to also have a lot of "lows" in the action, like cutscenes and dialogues and what not.

Not that I'm personally affected, but there's a clear difference between the required activity to raid in a typical mmo vs playing more action oriented games.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I also struggled to play long sessions of FPS games. My focus is so intense I get drained after a while. I've tried playing FPS's all chilled out and simply cannot. MMO's on the other hand I can play for hours on end.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What a lazy poster you are.

Wildstar Wednesday: Hey guys we're going to be in Germany at Gamescom and Pax Prime.

The one interesting thing is, is that they are having a panel of beta testers speak at Prime. Which will be hilarious if they pick the typical neckbeard fanboy beta testers.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Another useless Wildstar Wednesday. Beta leaks do a better job promoting the game then this shit.

Pennilenko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just a small observation regarding the bad game play videos. I have noticed in the last 15 years that a very large portion of the MMO playing public are much more terrible at games than they think they are. I have met people who are in complete fantasy land when it comes to self assessment of their ability to play MMOs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While the people that play in the video we have are bad, I'm willing to give them a break. To be honest, I'd probably be horrible playing at a convention too. The reason for me is simple, I play with a razor naga hex(6 buttons on the side) with ctrl, shift, alt modifiers for 18 skills mapped.

I can't play without it anymore, I was never really that good at key binding in the first place. So can definitely understand why some people are bad without their own key binds.

Although, why the fuck aren't they dodging, and being to jump puzzles, or basic MMO stuff is hard to understand.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I gave him a pass on the tree jumping "puzzle" since he was clipping through the leaves.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>