Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Was hoping to get in but no luck, maybe next time. Game looks pretty damn fun, hopefully it can grab my attention for more then a month

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I never have in every other beta I've been in, I'm not about to start now. Gesh, I'm not some scrub noob Draegan.
tongue.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The forum auto validation is down I guess which is the problem so they are going though manually and doing it. Be prepared to have it validated sometime tomorrow afternoon.
frown.png

adere_sl

shitlord
I think they manually verify the forum account by hand and not due to validation problem. It says they do it manually in the beta invite email. Why they decided to do it that way not sure.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Why do these companies even bother with NDA's anymore? The Wildstar patch notes are already up on betacake and forum comments and a video for TESO.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty sure you'll never see a video of Wildstar, or screenshots. I could be wrong though.

Patch notes aren't a big deal imo.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Only those who wish to get their account nuked will do so, and I know those people do exist. It's just there is literally no way to hide who the videos/screen shots belong to so it'll be awhile before those people surface.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only those who wish to get their account nuked will do so, and I know those people do exist. It's just there is literally no way to hide who the videos/screen shots belong to so it'll be awhile before those people surface.
Maybe you should provide some pics to back up your argument.
smile.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe you should provide some pics to back up your argument.
smile.png
Probably same as GW2 alpha, it had watermarks all over the screen of your login. It was also removable using some graphic tweaks voodoo shit so I wouldn't put too much faith into this as a protection, at least in the long term, but it should prevent most leaks for a while.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Whatever happened to all that about WoW signing all your screenshots with server and character name in the actual file?
Wouldn't help with videos. The watermark stuff works very well and for the most part is not too intrusive, you notice a lot in darker places but otherwise not so much, sadly I deleted my GW2 videos directory so I don't have them anymore to show what it looked like. But I think the only alpha leak that was actually on a fairly big scale happened very very late, like 1month and a half from release or something, both because of that system and because the game didn't suck dicks either so most people didn't bother breaking NDAs to tell everyone else that the game is shit(see Elder scrolls). I assume it'll be the same with this, even though I don't expect a huge game, but it should be fun for a month.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game looks pretty neat. I like the idea of the telegraph attacks. I think it would be cool if the telegraphs moved, though.