Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A brave soul posted a pvp gameplay video on YouTube. Since it's NDA breaking, I'm not sure if it's ok to link it here. Lots of particle effects.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
A brave soul posted a pvp gameplay video on YouTube. Since it's NDA breaking, I'm not sure if it's ok to link it here. Lots of particle effects.
couldent find anything on youtube like that
frown.png
pm!

Thanks, i typed in exactly wildstar pvp gameplay and this wont show up.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
It's because the video is unlisted and is only accessible with a direct link. I've asked Draegan before about NDA stuff...and he's said he doesn't care if you link to stuff that's already up and floating around anyway.http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStarOnline/look at the reddit...it has the information about the youtube video as well as other stuff. I usually check that one everyday for stuff since people usually post NDA stuff on there.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think there's a direct relationship between your skill level and your likelihood to post NDA-breaking videos. That dude (and seemingly every other dude posting leaks) is fucking terrible.

That being said, there's lots of little details to be gleaned from the video. Looks like basic attacks are castable while moving (maybe class specific?), sprinting takes a resource, looks like you can store/recharge sprinting with an ability, etc.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I'm definitely one of those people who'd post NDA breaking shit. I never got sent to detention as a kid /firstworldanarchist.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- The raidframes on the left and the FPS / latency window on the right are player-made addons.

- While characters don't seem to have inertia and respond well to movement, there's a lot of rubberbanding / iceskating (during dodges, sprint, strafing).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The rubberbanding and iceskating is only a small concern since that tends to happen when you are doing shows at a convention sometimes.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
- The raidframes on the left and the FPS / latency window on the right are player-made addons.

- While characters don't seem to have inertia and respond well to movement, there's a lot of rubberbanding / iceskating (during dodges, sprint, strafing).
Not sure if you're looking at the PVP video or another, but in the PVP video it's clearly being taken during a stress test session. You can see people chatting about it in the chat frames.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if you're looking at the PVP video or another, but in the PVP video it's clearly being taken during a stress test session. You can see people chatting about it in the chat frames.
That would explain the 200ms / 25fps that guy is experiencing. I also noticed someone named "Caydiem" talking in the guild chat, probably the same Caydiem who was in WoW US CM team and now working as a developer in Cabine Studios. And yes, it seems that the strange disease currently infecting internet gaming journalists, making them play like lab chimpanzees, is also infecting beta leakers. Here's the MEGA link for the PvP video :https://mega.co.nz/#!FdcCxKrQ!MlC7fF...hfFWmx56xmfiGI

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he's asking questions and/or being guided to different spots and is thus distracted.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
For a MMO vet, he's having huge issues activating his skills while moving, a sedated lab rat would move better.
Uhhhhhhh hold the fuck on a second.
If that guy is an MMO Vet, then I must be the fucking He-Man of the video game Universe. That was some of the newbiest gameplay I've ever seen. He was almost totally confounded by the 'shoot down the helicopters' quest, and other standards mmo tropes... seemed to have only crude understanding of the UI which is similar to many MMOs... Did you watch him attempt that jumping puzzle?? Either he's a mouthbreather, never played GW2, Rift, EQ2 or WoW, or this game's controls are awful. MMO vet my ass.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uhhhhhhh hold the fuck on a second.
If that guy is an MMO Vet, then I must be the fucking He-Man of the video game Universe. That was some of the newbiest gameplay I've ever seen. He was almost totally confounded by the 'shoot down the helicopters' quest, and other standards mmo tropes... seemed to have only crude understanding of the UI which is similar to many MMOs... Did you watch him attempt that jumping puzzle?? Either he's a mouthbreather, never played GW2, Rift, EQ2 or WoW, or this game's controls are awful. MMO vet my ass.
You do know I'm quoting someone there, right ? You're not supposed to need a giant "SARCASM" sign to comprehend my post, especially when "sedated lab rat" is used to define the guy's gameplay.

kudos

<Banned>
If you really are that scared to post an NDA breaking video just make a fake email and make a new username here and post it. I highly doubt any admin here gives a fuck though.