Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Oh well still no beta invite. If anyone has a spare key and not wanting I will gladly take it off their hands.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Would gladly take any extra invites if anyone has any to spare. Only wildstar email in my spam folder was one telling me about two races, no beta invite
frown.png

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Everything had too much health in that gameplay video... made it looks boring as fuck.
When I first read this, I was dismissive. Then I watched the videos and you are so right. Those fights took twice as long as they should have.

I haven't paid hardly any attention to this other than what folks have referenced in other threads but I am wearing out on Marvel Heroes wondering what comes next.

It's definitely WoW cartoony turned up to 11. That isn't always a bad thing, though, and it took me a long while to warm up to WoW's art style. Eventually my perception adjusted so I was able to take it seriously and look past that initial visual impression. Here it seems to suit the world and the humor. As someone else noted, it does have a very Borderlands look about it; a more Cartoony Borderlands MMO might just be what the Dr. ordered.

Race/class/path is interesting but it makes me sad that Path is so hardcoded. I love to explore but hate jump puzzle but like the extra fights and lore and building things and... well. Having to choose at the beginning seems so/too limiting but we will see how it works in-game at launch.

So after watching a bunch of dev stuff and the SDCC presentation I went from being decidedly "meh" to being intrigued but still on the fence. This looks like it could be anything from Sci-Fi WoW to something much less than that (WAR) and as always, it all depends on how it comes together.

Final note: I am def. giving any beta I get to Tidbit. Of the reasons for asking for a beta drop, having colon cancer seems like a pretty good one. Even its not true, that someone cared enough to make up that story means its worth way more to him than to me. Nothing is going to make things magically better but getting something you want when the world has dropped an A-bomb on you is good enough. Cheers to Ut and Grim1 for reacting like actual people in the face of the internet.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
For the last few months I've been checking my spam folder religiously waiting for an invite. Guess I got fucked again ...

xkRkNL1l.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Keep in mind as far as that combat video goes, the guy is jumping levels with dev commands and never changing gear or anything. Unless he has some scalable gear, you kind of have to take into account he never puts anything on or even changes his weapon.

I do agree with the path part though for sure, but at least you can do path objectives with friends. Hopefully sometime in the future they give respecs to paths because that is pretty lame if that doesn't happen. I'm not too much of a fan of alts, haha.

No invite for me on either email, ah well. Guess I'll have to wait until the Inevitable open beta phase
tongue.png

Wildstar should not be allowed to send me info on the game without beta invite.

Every time get email me from them, I get all excited only to find out no beta invite, NO love for the Tidister.

Amycus;291094 said:
I'm in as well.[/QUOTE

Regular beta or stress test?

I openly admit don't like the art style cant stand Nc soft.
Other then those issues wow in space sounds kinda Good.

Lastly it would kill time for me to get my mind of all the real life C word shit have happening to my health.

Hey mates,

If any of you know if regular beta invites are going out this week please let me know or is just stress test or both?
If you don't want to post here, You can pm me.

Cheers.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Keep in mind as far as that combat video goes, the guy is jumping levels with dev commands and never changing gear or anything. Unless he has some scalable gear, you kind of have to take into account he never puts anything on or even changes his weapon.

I do agree with the path part though for sure, but at least you can do path objectives with friends. Hopefully sometime in the future they give respecs to paths because that is pretty lame if that doesn't happen. I'm not too much of a fan of alts, haha.

No invite for me on either email, ah well. Guess I'll have to wait until the Inevitable open beta phase
tongue.png
How can you defend anything in that video if you haven't played it?