Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Bruman

Golden Squire
To break up the key begging, I refuse any beta keys. New LOTRO expac soon, then Zelda. I ain't got time for no beta. Lots of people (not me) all over PS4 and XBone too.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Keys are p. rad
I'll get in eventually god damn it. However no medic class yet idunnoooooooo

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So batches gone out now again? Still nothing on my end. Will gladly take one if anyone has one to spare
smile.png

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Races I like are Aurin, Mordesh and Chua, regardless of faction. Classes I don't know, I'll as usual make 1x of each class, play a couple levels and give me an idea (and eventually maxing them all because I'm nuts like that).

I'd like to be a friend of someone beta-enabled, I'm polite, clean, never got banned in any game and sometimes I can even say smart things, not guaranteed, but more likely than not!
I think we should form a lobby group to influence the spread of beta keys and have most of them land on these very boards.

Fougere_sl

shitlord
Hypathetically if I were in beta already, how would I know if I have a friend beta key to give out or not?
You'd get an email, with the things to do. But it suggest you'd check your email to see it. If you were in the Beta right now, you would not do that.
I'm here only because I'm at work, the rest of the time, I'm killing a lot of things with a hudge blaster in the hands of a space-zombie.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Comprehensive list ofpeople guilty of whoring themselveslike there is no tomorrow for a Wildstar beta invite :

-Fish1withthis very subtle request.

-Bondurantwithbad, awkward and possibly offensive flirting attempt at Scooter.

-Hekotatwithpublic and loud impatience showoff.

-cingewithplaying the poor people computer card.

-Sabbatwiththe latency test (for science, just science !).

-Bailamosforboldly taking avantage of Pironin's happiness.

-aevryforbeing a newfag using quickmeme.

-Byrwiththe "I'm just here to help reminding you can give me stuff" card.

-Trollfaceforpolitely and casually asking a beta invite (which should have required a lot of work on self-control).

-xziforsexual favors proposal.

-Droiganforselling his soul (+net) and ruining rerolled reputation system.

-Rogoshwith the"lol the game is gonna be awesome and we're all awesome friends, let me join the club guys !" card (even his avatar screams awesome).

-Trollwithclassic conspiracy implications.

-Chronometerforcrowd testing his current bid to see if buying a EUR250 beta key you can't sell from someone you don't know and you can't trust could be a great idea.

-Rogoshagain withthis time the "you don't know me but beta call me maybe, we can be friends and play together trick. Sneaky.

-Abefromanforbandwagoning on Rogosh's faggotry.

-Hekotatagain forbandwagoning on both Rogosh and Abefroman, the whore train is now a three carriage convoy.

-Burren with the"truth hurts" card. Whore train just got its own locomotive.

-Malakrisswith the"omg we love the same faction, please beta me !!!" trick.

-Convojust because"he'd like to test the revamp" (science, again just science !).

-Mistthinkingtalking like we're in the ingame chat would be cool as fuck (it's not).

-Sabbatagain,reminding everyone he'll do anything (ANYTHING) for a beta key.

-trendkiller123pulling its veteran card, hoping anyone cares about that.

-X X E X Xbybeing midly boring. Not plain boring, just mildly.

-Mystforstating he's not Mist, he's Myst. Don't write a typo when sending the key please.

-Droiganagain :"I still haven't received anything in my inbox, what's wrong with you people ?

-Sithrowith the"love factor", hoping nobody will remember him saying he loved Pacific Rim.

-Quaidforproposing to help beta people out but it was a joke right, or maybe not ?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ah, the old "I'm not going to blatantly put myself first but i'll list my own name second trick"

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Damn I'm not that much into whoring myself out for a key but I want on that spiffy list. Let's see... If I got a key I could drop the thought of resubbing WoW, so if you want to keep WoW subs low throw me a key? That enough, Bondurant?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Removed part because fuck you NDA (casual gamers rage incoming) :
Pasta Bolognese
Ingredients
1 large onion or 2 small, cut into 1-inch dice
2 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
3 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch dice
4 cloves garlic
Extra-virgin olive oil, for the pan
Kosher salt
3 pounds ground chuck, brisket or round or combination
2 cups tomato paste
3 cups hearty red wine
Water
3 bay leaves
1 bunch thyme, tied in a bundle
1 pound spaghetti
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
High quality extra-virgin olive oil, for finishing

In a food processor, puree onion, carrots, celery, and garlic into a coarse paste. In a large pan over medium heat, coat pan with oil. Add the pureed veggies and season generously with salt. Bring the pan to a medium-high heat and cook until all the water has evaporated and they become nice and brown, stirring frequently, about 15 to 20 minutes. Be patient, this is where the big flavors develop.

Add the ground beef and season again generously with salt. BROWN THE BEEF! Brown food tastes good. Don't rush this step. Cook another 15 to 20 minutes.

Add the tomato paste and cook until brown about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the red wine. Cook until the wine has reduced by half, another 4 to 5 minutes.

Add water to the pan until the water is about 1 inch above the meat. Toss in the bay leaves and the bundle of thyme and stir to combine everything. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. As the water evaporates you will gradually need to add more, about 2 to 3 cups at a time. Don't be shy about adding water during the cooking process, you can always cook it out. This is a game of reduce and add more water. This is where big rich flavors develop. If you try to add all the water in the beginning you will have boiled meat sauce rather than a rich, thick meaty sauce. Stir and TASTE frequently. Season with salt, if needed (you probably will). Simmer for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

During the last 30 minutes of cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat to cook the spaghetti. Pasta water should ALWAYS be well salted. Salty as the ocean! TASTE IT! If your pasta water is under seasoned it doesn't matter how good your sauce is, your complete dish will always taste under seasoned. When the water is at a rolling boil add the spaghetti and cook for 1 minute less than it calls for on the package. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.

While the pasta is cooking remove 1/2 of the ragu from the pot and reserve.

Drain the pasta and add to the pot with the remaining ragu. Stir or toss the pasta to coat with the sauce. Add some of the reserved sauce, if needed, to make it about an even ratio between pasta and sauce. Add the reserved pasta cooking water and cook the pasta and sauce together over a medium heat until the water has reduced. Turn off the heat and give a big sprinkle of Parmigiano and a generous drizzle of the high quality finishing olive oil. Toss or stir vigorously. Divide the pasta and sauce into serving bowls or 1 big pasta bowl. Top with remaining grated Parmigiano. Serve immediately.
Actually tempted to NOT spoil it for myself, just to get some of that childhood game magic back (which will last about as long as the next non-spoilered text block).

*Haha, good list Bond.