Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Yeah, I think it kinda goes back to what I said before...

"the second that people say they are marginalized, made to be self conscious, or treated differently, corporations have a knee jerk reaction... then someone else makes the opposite claim for the same reasons (see Duck Dynasty fiasco, solution, and reversal)

corporations don't know how to respond, and they tend to err on the side of over-responding to this sort of public buzz in order to avoid seeming callous"

The best thing that companies can do is to stay true to themselves. If they have a concept and aesthetic that they designed with good intentions, stick with it.. don't veer off course in response to shouts from the fringe, cause that just serves to dilute your product and diffuse your creative vision. And you'll always have someone arguing the exact opposite perspective as well (as your post indicates), who will feel just as marginalized or unrepresented. It's not like the core intent was to have disturbingly proportioned genitalia (see Blade&Soul). Grow a backbone.. jesus.

"squeaky wheel, and all.. everyone just wants attention, and social media facilitates it.. the boring, fat, ugly, prude, etc. have just figured out a way to get it."

the people complaining most likely aren't playing the game, anyway.. they just want to make noise, and make even more noise once it seems like someone is paying attention

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're in beta, I'd check the forums for my post in the bug section...before they decide to hide it. Just trying to be helpful!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was suspended, so I can't. Seems you can't say someone in Carbine was offended by large breasts. Doing so apparently equates to "Abusive Behavior". lol

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was suspended, so I can't. Seems you can't say someone in Carbine was offended by large breasts. Doing so apparently equates to "Abusive Behavior". lol
Being curious there, are you suspended from forums only or game too ? No I won't click on any forum profile, for obvious reasons.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I feel like this is when little asshole kids say "I wasn't even doing anything and she put me in time out! Seriously, I didn't do anything!" and then you see a video tape of them screaming "Fuck you, bitch!" and throwing a rock through a window or something.

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
That escalated quickly. It's a shame the devs showed up for #BOOBGATE (+1 Bondurant) instead of replying to the other more pressing issues.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
#BOOBGATE is from 4chan's /vg/ (give Caesar his due, etc) also Scooter hasn't been active here since november, which is probably accurate since most users here would probably have been banned from beta if he was around, especially the ones breaking NDA with the same rerolled / wildstar beta username + avatar (yes, people are that dumb).

Xevy

Log Wizard
#BOOBGATE is from 4chan's /vg/ (give Caesar his due, etc) also Scooter hasn't been active here since november, which is probably accurate since most users here would probably have been banned from beta if he was around, especially the ones breaking NDA with the same rerolled / wildstar beta username + avatar (yes, people are that dumb).
That's probably in reference to me and I don't break enough NDA stuff to warrant a banning. A lot of us posted similar stuff back when he was around, so unless some one starts posting screenshots/videos they don't care.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's probably in reference to me and I don't break enough NDA stuff to warrant a banning. A lot of us posted similar stuff back when he was around, so unless some one starts posting screenshots/videos they don't care.
Or, they're not here and they'll never come here to care unlessdozens of peoplemail them about it. Also it's not only about you, you'd be surprised how many people got banned on mere suspicion. All it takes is someone mailing them about you. CM policy forces them to adress emaling. Forum posts ? Not so much.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think zindan should mention a few more times how we was suspended over his large breast avatar + probably retarded posts in a thread about breast reduction size.

Lol I have all the same stuff, but I don't really break the NDA, everything I comment on is shown in streams and make sure to reference the streams :p

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theoretically if you were in beta, as is your friend, and someone else were in beta, you could hypothetically PM such a link and then we could merely imply that if such a thing were to exist hidden inside an unopened box it does indeed have a bare-ass Kim Kardashian bootay.
Was sitting there with the char select screen open and noticed my bitch has a huge badonka donk. I full expect this to be changed next patch sadly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think zindan should mention a few more times how we was suspended over his large breast avatar + probably retarded posts in a thread about breast reduction size.

Lol I have all the same stuff, but I don't really break the NDA, everything I comment on is shown in streams and make sure to reference the streams :p
All I did was ask why my avatar was deemed offensive by Scooter, in a post under General feedback. It was instantly deleted, and another CM responded saying they do not discuss "warnings". I ask if they (this new CM) could explain why it was offensive, they replied that each CM will decide what is or is not offensive on their own, and their decision is final no matter if another CM my not agree. I replied that that sounded pretty bad. End of discussion.

Later, while I was indeed debating within several threads where people were asking for changes to various races or genders (none had to do with breasts, fyi), like people wanting to be able to make the Chua more feminine, since they were "too" masculine as they currently were...I was just trying to make them see the Chua as Chua. In one of threads, I mentioned that someone at Carbine found large breasts offensive (nothing else). About an hour later, I guess, I am locked out of the forums and recieve an email from that previous CM saying I was bad for having said that, since it was obviously talking about my warning, which is a no no (Abusive Behavior). Slapped with a 2 day suspension from the Forums, I was able to log in and play for a few minutes...but the game is boring. As of now I could really care less about the game.

Cinge, you seem more fixated on my seeming fixation on boobs than I actually am. lol.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
All I did was ask why my avatar was deemed offensive by Scooter, in a post under General feedback. It was instantly deleted, and another CM responded saying they do not discuss "warnings". I ask if they (this new CM) could explain why it was offensive, they replied that each CM will decide what is or is not offensive on their own, and their decision is final no matter if another CM my not agree. I replied that that sounded pretty bad. End of discussion.

Later, while I was indeed debating within several threads where people were asking for changes to various races or genders (none had to do with breasts, fyi), like people wanting to be able to make the Chua more feminine, since they were "too" masculine as they currently were...I was just trying to make them see the Chua as Chua. In one of threads, I mentioned that someone at Carbine found large breasts offensive (nothing else). About an hour later, I guess, I am locked out of the forums and recieve an email from that previous CM saying I was bad for having said that, since it was obviously talking about my warning, which is a no no (Abusive Behavior). Slapped with a 2 day suspension from the Forums, I was able to log in and play for a few minutes...but the game is boring. As of now I could really care less about the game.

Cinge, you seem more fixated on my seeming fixation on boobs than I actually am. lol.
why you waste time.

I dunno if I am gonna stick with this game. i am not happy playing this game right now. just checking out shit.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yeah, I think it kinda goes back to what I said before...

"the second that people say they are marginalized, made to be self conscious, or treated differently, corporations have a knee jerk reaction... then someone else makes the opposite claim for the same reasons (see Duck Dynasty fiasco, solution, and reversal)

corporations don't know how to respond, and they tend to err on the side of over-responding to this sort of public buzz in order to avoid seeming callous"

The best thing that companies can do is to stay true to themselves. If they have a concept and aesthetic that they designed with good intentions, stick with it.. don't veer off course in response to shouts from the fringe, cause that just serves to dilute your product and diffuse your creative vision. And you'll always have someone arguing the exact opposite perspective as well (as your post indicates), who will feel just as marginalized or unrepresented. It's not like the core intent was to have disturbingly proportioned genitalia (see Blade&Soul). Grow a backbone.. jesus.

"squeaky wheel, and all.. everyone just wants attention, and social media facilitates it.. the boring, fat, ugly, prude, etc. have just figured out a way to get it."

the people complaining most likely aren't playing the game, anyway.. they just want to make noise, and make even more noise once it seems like someone is paying attention
Well I've said a few times I'll probably buy it just for the initial new MMO experience even if I only do 1-3 months, but after this last page I'll probably not do that. I hope they gained a previously-offended box sale thanks to their heavy-handed PCness to make up for it!

Xevy

Log Wizard
People who complain about boob size can gtfo.

People who give two shits they changed boob size, which matters to no one on any size, can gtfo.

Lulle_sl

shitlord
As I a gamer chick I have to give my 2 cents.

I always play the cutest sexiest little character I can possibly make. I am not easily offended by any means.

So I have to say that I am more offended by some of the run animations that I have seen than I am of the whole boob thing. The boobs are just...cartoonish to me not offensive.

But the run animations are a little insulting almost implying that a woman does not run like a normal person but only like a sex object of some kind. The run animation is a little over the top. The gigantic boobs were funny and not offensive at all.

Can those of you in beta tell me if the run animations have been improved?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you should make a post on the beta forums, i wonder if it will get locked or not.