Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Dejoblue_sl

shitlord
Looks cool but their UI looks terrible and their combat resource system looks atrocious, like playing a WoW DK and DPS Monk with a Hunter pet while simultaneously healing, what is the deal with so many micro manged combat resource systems?

Also, as someone that is colorblind, the whole telegraph thing looks like a nightmare.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You can change the color of telegraphs with addons. I have no idea if they will or have that be part of the stock Settings.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
uhmm im not colorblind, but there is an options to change colors for colorblind people from the basic ui. Several options actualy, just dunno how effective it is.

Yes ui sucks big time, but they announced they are going to rework on that, but anyway there are tons of addon, and even ui suite that improve the basic ui by alot.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
I think these key give away games are really pissing off some of their most excited fans. Especially when people have been signed up for beta for almost a year with no fucks given by Carbine.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm isn't this the first giveaway? Everything up to this point as been invite only via sign ups + friend keys.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Hmm isn't this the first giveaway? Everything up to this point as been invite only via sign ups + friend keys.
There have been several fan site contests giving away sets of keys that Carbine has provided. One that sticks out as extra bullshit was the Wildstar quiz.WildStar Beta Key Giveaway - Crack the Eldan Code | Nexus Report

There have been Twitch streamers given sets of keys to give away. There are quiz contests going on @Wildstar today.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah did not know that, I don't really visit fan sites at all. Though not shocked , probably some agreement between carbine and fansites to do something like that.

Dejoblue_sl

shitlord
I think these key give away games are really pissing off some of their most excited fans. Especially when people have been signed up for beta for almost a year with no fucks given by Carbine.
This is worrisome to me, well worrisome is not the exact sentiment I feel currently because I have pretty much lost any respect or expectations that WildStar will be "hardcore" and have more than the one launch 40 man because it is reminiscent of SOE and EQNext and that whole rigamarole of dancing around a hardcore base's expectations, heralding the super badass hardcore buzzwords and then launching headfirst into Landmark.

Isn't that what WildStar is doing? Dancing around an ostensibly hardcore 40 man raid endgame fan base while simultaneously handing out a trickle of buzz generating twitch and game website magazine beta keys all the while ignoring their base hardcore fans that have been signed up for beta since 2011?

I chalk it up to another industry game using the hardcore buzz words and label while, yet again, not having the balls to do it.

Some one is eventually and they are going to rake in the cash. Just look at the recent huge influx to EVE online. Imagine that with a high fantasy third person avatar game and not some abstract spaceship avatar game.

We have millions of WoW players and their ilk that have had their hand held for nine years and many that have grown past puberty and graduated high school and college and are ready to play a more difficult game in the genre.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is worrisome to me, well worrisome is not the exact sentiment I feel currently because I have pretty much lost any respect or expectations that WildStar will be "hardcore" and have more than the one launch 40 man because it is reminiscent of SOE and EQNext and that whole rigamarole of dancing around a hardcore base's expectations, heralding the super badass hardcore buzzwords and then launching headfirst into Landmark.

Isn't that what WildStar is doing? Dancing around an ostensibly hardcore 40 man raid endgame fan base while simultaneously handing out a trickle of buzz generating twitch and game website magazine beta keys all the while ignoring their base hardcore fans that have been signed up for beta since 2011?

I chalk it up to another industry game using the hardcore buzz words and label while, yet again, not having the balls to do it.

Some one is eventually and they are going to rake in the cash. Just look at the recent huge influx to EVE online. Imagine that with a high fantasy third person avatar game and not some abstract spaceship avatar game.

We have millions of WoW players and their ilk that have had their hand held for nine years and many that have grown past puberty and graduated high school and college and are ready to play a more difficult game in the genre.
Another shit 14'er. I don't know if this is Merlin, Etchazz, or just another awful poster saying the same old tired shit for over a decade.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and have a real job and dont want to have to raid 6 hours a night 5 nights a week. There is no real proof this demographic exists. Even if it does, it definatly isnt numerous enough for these devs to "rake in the cash"

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boy I didn't realize not getting a invite to a beta brought out such passion in people or made them put on their tin-foil hats.

I entered that Godankey key giveaway using a junk email account thinking its probably a spam site, but what the hell why not give it a try. Well, a Wildstar beta key shows up in my inbox just a little while ago. I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend now.

Carl_sl

shitlord

The amount of retard in this post isLiterallyastronomical.

rrr_img_60511.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Looks cool but their UI looks terrible and their combat resource system looks atrocious, like playing a WoW DK and DPS Monk with a Hunter pet while simultaneously healing, what is the deal with so many micro manged combat resource systems?

Also, as someone that is colorblind, the whole telegraph thing looks like a nightmare.
They have 3 different colorblind options in basic settings.

Which impressed me a little bit, tbh. Its the first game I've ever seen with stock colorblind settings. Maybe other ones have done it too, it's just the first I've noticed it.