Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
Aw shucks! We almost forgot that this was an NCsoft game, guys!

It doesn't matter if this is conditioning or not. If the game goes f2p, they will be adding mystery boxes to the mix the moment they do.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Because you know more than the next guy? You think if some CEO isn't planning and plotting behind the scenes trying to see how much money they can grab. I believe the quote goes "If it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense." The way the genre has been going the past 5 years it only makes sense to have insurance. It only makes sense to have a plan in place just in case. Throw some marketing ploy and carefully worded statements to grab the consumers attention and bam. It always ends up this way. Until a game company designs an mmo with no fucking intentions to make a cash grab and actually make a game worth playing. I will never believe a word out of any game companies mouth. Ever. I used to enjoy gaming. I used to enjoy things that were difficult and took time and patience. If I sat down with a game I wanted a challenge. I wanted to actually feel like I earned something. But it's the same song and dance every time a new game comes out. New promises extreme hype followed by lies and a mother fucking cash shop.

Filthy Casuals.
Every game needs it's Blackwulf.

spronk

FPS noob
guis the digital deluxe costume is totally rad you wanna pay the extra $20 to help carbine make even better art and stuff in the future cuz they are awesome and i'm in no way shilling i mean just look at this beautiful costume doesn't it make you rock hard

oOvtogH.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
guis the digital deluxe costume is totally rad you wanna pay the extra $20 to help carbine make even better art and stuff in the future cuz they are awesome and i'm in no way shilling i mean just look at this beautiful costume doesn't it make you rock hard

oOvtogH.jpg
So they can't have nice boobies but can have gay pride outfits? BS!

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
No one will cancel because of that. If you don't like random boxes filled with small 30-1 hour bonuses / temporary cosmetic stuff that people can either find randomly or purchase then don't loot / buy them?

These types of items have always existed, and have never been a problem. They were a non issue in gw2, and I expect them to be the same in this game.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup if they make you buy keys for them they will just end up like black lion chests. That sell for 1 or 2 copper on the AH and only ever get opened when I happen to run across a quest or monthly that spits a key out not like anybody not opening up black lion chests is missing out on much.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone will cancel but it does say exactly what audience thy are trying to capture right now. The ADHD crowd who doesn't mind a crowd of daily quests just to see some kind of update to their daily grind. Gotta catch them all, Pok?mon!!

It will be very interesting to follow how well this game does and how many WoW subs it can slowly or quickly siphon off. I am disappointed in how little innovation this and ESO have really brought to the genre though. It's been a decade since WoW.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yup if they make you buy keys for them they will just end up like black lion chests. That sell for 1 or 2 copper on the AH and only ever get opened when I happen to run across a quest or monthly that spits a key out not like anybody not opening up black lion chests is missing out on much.
Dis.

I remember having like 100 black lion chests in bank, then everyone freak once and-a-while moment I'd actually find a key. Then that meant that one key would parlay into opening like 12 chests because subsequent chests gave you keys. Felt pretty good, like actual 'treasure'.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dis.

I remember having like 100 black lion chests in bank, then everyone freak once and-a-while moment I'd actually find a key. Then that meant that one key would parlay into opening like 12 chests because subsequent chests gave you keys. Felt pretty good, like actual 'treasure'.
you are quite possibly the only person ive ever seen who had something positive to say about black lion chests.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I don't think anyone will cancel but it does say exactly what audience thy are trying to capture right now. The ADHD crowd who doesn't mind a crowd of daily quests just to see some kind of update to their daily grind. Gotta catch them all, Pok?mon!!

It will be very interesting to follow how well this game does and how many WoW subs it can slowly or quickly siphon off. I am disappointed in how little innovation this and ESO have really brought to the genre though. It's been a decade since WoW.
Their target audience really was never in doubt. They are wisely looking at alternative ways to get cash and leveraging things that they'll need if they don't get a good enough chunk of WOW sub people. Diku people come and go. Zynga purchases like this always have an appeal to some. Exp bonus potions and low level items and crafting supplies are hardly a big deal. It's not like you'll be getting raid loot from a chest, so why care?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
you are quite possibly the only person ive ever seen who had something positive to say about black lion chests.
I have one really weird guildmate. He plays at work and he makes human alts levels them to 10 in their story line gets the black lion key puts it in the bank and deletes the character. It is silly as hell but he actually had enough of those damn ticket things that he bought and sold the skins on the AH for enough money to flat out buy a completed legendary weapon. So there are some oddballs out there that made the system work for them.

As it is though I cannot be bothered to do something like that and the actual useful rewards from the chests are rarer than hens teeth normal mortals need never take a second glance at those black lion chests.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Let me clarify that I stopped playing GW2 probably 3-4 months after its release except for a dabble during the 8 bit timez.

Though I am a unique and beautiful snowflake.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I don't know. Call me crazy but if these said chests gave me power cores of a specific level to craft with, maybe i'd consider buying a key every so often.

of course something like that could be perceived as an unfair crafting advantage.
frown.png

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
I played the medic to 12 last weekend but just could not get over how goofy the resonators looked while "sheathed". They look like giant mechanical wings sticking out of my back. I'm going to try esper next beta weekend.