Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
(Almost every class is underdeveloped)
This definitely seems to be the case. Gonna be lots of changes in the coming months if the game doesn't flop. I haven't heard anything but I wonder if they were under pressure to launch since they seemed to polish up so much shit but left a few obvious things raw in the middle.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I think I hate a lot of MMOs because I suck at settling on a class. I'd probably go engineer at this point but it's so popular and pet management is always annoying to me. I don't know, maybe I'll just rock a warrior but I kinda wanted a gun.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
What is Wildstar?

Wildstar is an upcoming sci-fi themed action combat based MMORPG due for release on May 31st 2014.
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

What do I need to know if I'd like to play with some of the posters from Rerolled?

The majority of the Rerolled posters will be playing on theStormtalon (PVE) server. This includes both players interested in playing Dominion & Exile. The Dominion side has an organized guild focused on end game raiding with well over 60 members anticipated to play come launch, many of which come from this forum. The Exile side is still looking for someone interested in making the guild - please contact Flipmode if you'd like to handle this.

What if I don't want to raid?

Any Rerolled player will be allowed to join the guild for the first week of launch without need to submit an application. If you're not interested in raiding, we simply ask that you follow common MMO courtesy and you'll be allowed in: don't hurt the guilds reputation if you're going to wear the guild tag.

What type of raid schedule will I be looking at if I do want to raid?

I anticipate that most people will want to raid fewer than 5 days a week, in talking to people it feels that most are comfortable with 3 days a week and maybe an added day or two during progression. It's a tough question to answer precisely though. Lets look at what we know so far:

We have about 60 people signed up on the google docs and there's easily been about 20-30 more that sent me a PM saying they'd come play but didn't sign the doc. Before doing the 40 man, which is obviously the end goal, we'll have to go through the 20 man. That's probably going to lead to a fair bit of drama in terms of making sure that we have two equal groups doing the 20 man without making anyone feel like there's an A team or a B team. It's also critical that both groups are clearing the instance and not just failing on the first boss - which might require us to shift around members between teams if neccessary.

How I'm thinking we'll set it up (which will likely change quite a bit):

We'll set up two raid schedules and players will be able to choose based on their preference. For example, raid group 1 will do Monday, Wednesday, Saturday with optional Sundays and raid group 2 will do Tuesday, Thursday, Friday with optional Sundays (this is just an example!). That way people get to pick based on what's most convenient for them. Once we move onto the 40 man, we'll focus on the days that are best for the majority of players in order to have a 40 man raid force and move the 20 man raid schedule to the off days / optional days. The goal being to keep a 3 day a week raid schedule and then based on what people want to do add additional days.

Sorry if that isn't as detailed as I know some people want - a lot of the questions about scheduling really end up only being answerable once we have an accurate idea of how many people are going to make it to level 50 and want to raid (which we'll only know after launch).

Is this guild Rerolled exclusive & will the guild likely break up after a month like most forum guilds do?

No. A fair number of players are not from Rerolled and are helping with the organization & structure of the guild. We're committed towards continuing to progress the guild and given the lack of upcoming PVE progression games it's a safe bet that our intention is to play for a long time coming.

What class should I play / what is needed?

Feel free to check out our google spreadsheet to determine that yourself. Link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TzQ/edit#gid=0

Is there anything else I should know about the guild?

Plenty. I'd invite you to check out the following links to have more information about the guild should you want to check it out before making your choice to join us.http://www.sinfilledafterlife.com/fo....php?f=4&t=197&http://www.sinfilledafterlife.com/fo....php?f=4&t=268

Can I help with something?

We've got a firm grasp on things so far. With that being said, anyone interested in doing a little more to help the guild should contact me directly via PMs and we can discuss how you can go about that.

N.B. The current mumble for launch is:

Server: mumble.typefrag.com
Port: 53965
Password: No password

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been watching this thread because I would really like to pick up this game. TESO was a big let down and I don't have anything else to play. I checked out the Wildstar website and videos. The one factor that is stopping me from buying the game is the cartoonish appearance of the game. I played TERA and I guess it was also cartoonish. How are you people overcoming this aspect of the game? Do you get used to it, don't care after a while? I would really like to hear some opinions.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I have been watching this thread because I would really like to pick up this game. TESO was a big let down and I don't have anything else to play. I checked out the Wildstar website and videos. The one factor that is stopping me from buying the game is the cartoonish appearance of the game. I played TERA and I guess it was also cartoonish. How are you people overcoming this aspect of the game? Do you get used to it, don't care after a while? I would really like to hear some opinions.
I come from the days of fapping to traingle tits bro, graphics don't really play much of a part in my game purchase decision. I'd say 95% of my game purchase decisions are made by my friends wanting to play it.

rrr_img_68060.png

odekthal_sl

shitlord
Engineer feels a lot like a WoW hunter to me...
ima predict for that very same reason it will attract a drove of really terrible players. together with the very questionable engi bot ai i for one look forward to hearing a lot of "oops my bot pulled another monster pack" *shudder*

Carl_sl

shitlord
As far as choosing a class, I went through phases of seeing the merits of each class not being able to choose, so I just made a numbered list and let a random number generator choose for me, no second thoughts what so ever.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like the gfx, easy on the eyes and nicely colorful. They are really perfect for the setting and their over-the-top humor. Another point to consider is that cartoon-style gfx age better and can be upgraded faster/easier, important for MMOs which are played for years.

But i guess its really personal preference. If you -hate- cartoon-style then the game is probably not for you...

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
LOL. Got 3 (warrior) thats what I was going to roll anyway. It's fate! But fuck, I need to spend the night at my GF's tonight...might even have to have sex...ugh. I want WildStar

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOL. Got 3 (warrior) thats what I was going to roll anyway. It's fate! But fuck, I need to spend the night at my GF's tonight...might even have to have sex...ugh. I want WildStar
LOL! Man, WS launch is a once in a lifetime event
wink.png

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I think I hate a lot of MMOs because I suck at settling on a class. I'd probably go engineer at this point but it's so popular and pet management is always annoying to me. I don't know, maybe I'll just rock a warrior but I kinda wanted a gun.
Well, warrior has an arm cannon!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm officially in crisis mode for what class to play. Another reason I hate class systems and prefer games with systems like Archage and TSW. I'm just too much of a waffler.