Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Anything available to help with the guild member online & offline spam? Haven't found any settings.

Figured it out - you can turn off GuildAlerts addon in the menu. It is a default Carbine addon.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'm glad there's so much customization opportunity with all the addons and such, but addon hell was really not something I wanted to get back into. I remember that shit from WoW... Constantly updating my addons, rearranging everything, dealing with addon issues. I'm in the fuck addons boat right now.

Also, I'm still having fun, but the boring quests are really starting to wear on me. I'll say I play for a month or two tops. Depends how much better things get when I buy a computer that I can actually play the game decently on.

Also phasing is cool, but I'm getting tired of barely seeing anyone around when I'm leveling. The first 20 levels has really felt a bit like playing a single player game.
Yeah, they need to figure out a way around the phasing. It's really my only issue with the game so far.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I finally got to try out an instance today, that prison instance you get at lvl 15. That was really fun. I thought the boss was kind of difficult but that might just be I haven't played MMOs in forever or maybe our group was just terrible.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they need to figure out a way around the phasing. It's really my only issue with the game so far.
It's incomprehensible that because of phasing, your friend mentoring you can't see you and play with you.

Personally, I havea lotof little issues with the game. Nothing that ruins my over all enjoyment, and fortunately, most of them to seem to be UI issues that can be fixed with addons. More and more are getting made every day and patching up what should have been baseline features, but atleast they've made the API rather robust (perhaps even a little too robust).

My only other issues have been the behemoth starting zones. I think it's a bigger issue for Exile than Dominion, but the first zones out of the tutorial and landing sites are just fucking gigantic and have an overwhelming amount of quests. I think this is compounded by the fact that if you do ANYTHING other than the quests exactly as directed (such as PvP), you're going to quickly out level the area and progression starts to feel painful and slow. And skipping isn't that big of an option with the independent Path system. I've heard of quite a few newer and more casual players not being able to trudge it out, and I can't say I necessarily blame them.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I finally got to try out an instance today, that prison instance you get at lvl 15. That was really fun. I thought the boss was kind of difficult but that might just be I haven't played MMOs in forever or maybe our group was just terrible.
Wait until the first dungeon at 20. I spent 4+ hours clearing it with a pug, prolly wiped 40+ times. Was a moderately bad pug tbh but was fun and worth doing to learn the fights, they are no joke.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Wait until the first dungeon at 20. I spent 4+ hours clearing it with a pug, prolly wiped 40+ times. Was a moderately bad pug tbh but was fun and worth doing to learn the fights, they are no joke.
Was it Kel Voreth? I figure that to be 'harder' than Stormtalon Lair at 20. Stormtalon sure didn't cause me as much grief as Forgemaster, for healing, that's for sure. ;p

War of the Wilds at 25 took a while to do, too, but the concept made me snicker a little from how unexpected it was.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
No joke. Seriously. I did Stormtalon (as a medic healer) and these level 20 bosses felt more like raid bosses than any other level 20 dungeon in WoW. They felt like bosses you would encounter in a top level dungeon. The only time I felt like I couldn't heal was getting a rogue add from a patrol. It pretty much felt like any healing I tried to do at that point was just futile. We did have a couple dps that were a bit derpy making newbie mistakes but it was a good feeling slowly progressing each attempt until we beat a boss. We wiped a ton and no one got pissy about it. We didn't get to Stormtalon because a couple of us just ran out of time. Everyone parted ways amicably saying it was a lot of fun and a good learning experience. I thought I was in a bizarro world.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then amp that shit up by like 100 for veteran dungeons :p I swear I need to ice my wrist after playing this game, I do 96% of my playtime all mouse.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Anyone have a spare 7 day pass? I would like to try it out before dumping another 60+ on mmo I may not play past lvl 20. If someone has a spare pass please PM me it, thanks.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have to agree that its a bunch of a small, little nuisance type bugs and shit that are keeping me from enjoying the game 100%. But no where near is that shit severe enough that I dislike the game. I think its one of the better MMO's to have came out in quite a while. The amount of quests below 20 are just staggering. Often times, I wouldnt even know where to go first. You end up doing a lot of shit out of order (climbed a mountain on foot to kill a boss, then a couple quests later a Flying Pad carried me up there for another quest). But past 20 Ive noticed the amount shrinks down rather quickly and you start to find an order in them.

There are other things, like where the changes I make to the UI arent saved some times. Or my UI will crash and itll go back to default. Its really annoying, but its not a huge deal. I have found, thanks to Inigot, an addon that helps me tremendously as a Warrior. Basic attack on LMB, Big attack on RMB, Kick on MB4 and Breaching Strikes on MMB. Sounds normal, but lockdown locks your view in the center like ESO and also allows you to bind on your LMB and RMB (which you cant by default). Allows me to effectively DPS and actively Dodge the literal fuck ton of red shit on the ground in this game. The fact I have to do this with an addon is my other big gripe. But at least I can fix it myself, so again, its not major.

I did Kel Voreth earlier tonight and I really enjoyed it. I didnt wipe as much as you guys, thankfully, but it is definitely a ramp up in difficulty compared to WoW. Im also glad that you guys say it only gets harder at Veteran because right now, Im not really all that great at controlling dodging and movement with my character. At least in my mind. Though, Ive seen some really shitty players so far. By the time Im 50, I want it to bust my balls if Im not advancing so Im forced to break bad habits and get better at the game.

If I had to judge this game, id give it like a B-. Definite buy and hope they continue to make the game even better.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People are doing some crazy ass shit with housing already. Mini dungeons with rewards, challenges, jumping puzzles. Good shit.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Dubstep Medic Get!

rrr_img_68649.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tanked Sanc of Sword Maiden at 50 as a warrior for the first time today. Ow. Shit hurts. Best way to stay alive is have a group that's VERY good at interrupting ass-beat telelgraphs. As a tank you can't easily keep an eye out for those, keep your CD's managable, and spam aggro button while also sidestepping their normal telegraphs. Some of the normal telegraphs hit harder than their big ones people interrupt, but they only hit the tank.

Basically: game is hard, gotz to be more pro.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are other things, like where the changes I make to the UI arent saved some times. Or my UI will crash and itll go back to default. Its really annoying, but its not a huge deal. I have found, thanks to Inigot, an addon that helps me tremendously as a Warrior. Basic attack on LMB, Big attack on RMB, Kick on MB4 and Breaching Strikes on MMB. Sounds normal, but lockdown locks your view in the center like ESO and also allows you to bind on your LMB and RMB (which you cant by default). Allows me to effectively DPS and actively Dodge the literal fuck ton of red shit on the ground in this game. The fact I have to do this with an addon is my other big gripe. But at least I can fix it myself, so again, its not major.
I don't really understand their objection to rebinding the LMB and RMB. Apparently, they patched it out during beta and it's only available in addons due to them forgetting to remove it from the API, which means some of these addons might be disabled in the future. Hopefully the fact that a lot of people are using them causes Carbine to relent, because (and perhaps I'm missing something) I'm just not really seeing a reason where it's a problem that needs to be removed from the game.

Regardless, it is extremely nice that there are all of these addons to fix minor problems I have with the game. I never really messed with the UI in WoW (not sure if it could even be modified when I played), but it's really becoming one of my favorite things about Wildstar. More than any other MMO I've played, I feel like I'm able to play the game the way I want. It's made it so things that annoy me with the UI don't bother me nearly as much as they might in another MMO, because I know someone will create an addon at some point that will solve that problem.