Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

sebur

Bronze Squire
I know a couple of you recently started playing and leveling. I forgot who they were but what level are ya'll up to? I am probably about to start playing again so just curious if I should look to group or just solo grind it out. I wasn't that high, only 15 or so before I got busy for a second.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know a couple of you recently started playing and leveling. I forgot who they were but what level are ya'll up to? I am probably about to start playing again so just curious if I should look to group or just solo grind it out. I wasn't that high, only 15 or so before I got busy for a second.
I'm sitting at 11 right now, with another play session after the girl passes out.

IGN is same as my forum name.

iannis

Musty Nester
My one and only concern with CREDD is if it will effectively reduce the number of gold sellers and botters. I am already getting bombarded with them via mail, friend requests and arena PVP team requests. The last one was something I have never seen before in a MMO. I was in the middle of a fight when the in invite to join the arena team popped up.

What I am having a hard time figuring out is who are the players who actually buy ingame gold from the gold sellers. The fact that the gold selling business continues to thrive indicates they apparently have a lot of customers.

People in guild were saying that the accounts spamming gold sales are almost always hacked accounts. Assuming that is true, who in their right mind would give their credit card info to them when you can safely buy CREDD and exchange it for platinum in game?
It confuses me too. Not in this game, it makes sense that they'd surge on a new game, but in every game. There were RMTers in City of Heroes when the game was already 8 years old. If there was ever a game where game-cash was more useless I have not played it. But there they were, selling INF.

All I can figure is that the overhead is SO low that if they make 1 sale every few days they turn a profit. And if that's the case then CREDD will have no effect.

It's not eve's plex that kept them away. It was the combination of plex and complex interdependent systems. Wildstar just doesn't have complex systems.

I really don't know who buys this crap. Its ridiculous. But I'm sure that when you get this many people gathered then there will be a few people that buy it. And if that is all they need, that's why they stick around.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
All I can figure is that the overhead is SO low that if they make 1 sale every few days they turn a profit. And if that's the case then CREDD will have no effect.

It's not eve's plex that kept them away. It was the combination of plex and complex interdependent systems. Wildstar just doesn't have complex systems.
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that gold sellers have gotten much better at automating gold farming. GW2 had a similar system as Wildstar from day one, and the game was overrun with bots. But, let's be honest, while they might say a system like CREDD is designed to get rid of gold sellers - and that may well be part of the idea - but I think it's more a factor of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". People are going to buy gold no matter what, so why not let the actual game developers get a chunk of that? And I guess I'm okay with it if it keeps the game profitable and allows them to pump out new content faster.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Whiterun is just to damn big, lol. I'm running around mining and apparently there are a lot of quests I didn't do.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone having issues with group members not able to teleport into an instance? I havent experienced the problem but after messing around with 3 groups today have had about 10 people not able to teleport into my instance. Is this just an error on their side like not hitting 'n' and hitting teleport? Or is it a bug?

Also, was running stormtalon again with guildies and got disarmed and disconnected at the first boss. Weapon poofed. Anyone have this happen before?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone having issues with group members not able to teleport into an instance? I havent experienced the problem but after messing around with 3 groups today have had about 10 people not able to teleport into my instance. Is this just an error on their side like not hitting 'n' and hitting teleport? Or is it a bug?

Also, was running stormtalon again with guildies and got disarmed and disconnected at the first boss. Weapon poofed. Anyone have this happen before?
Yes, just had an issue joining a dungeon group. Couldn't teleport into the instance no matter what I tried.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Yes, just had an issue joining a dungeon group. Couldn't teleport into the instance no matter what I tried.
Yep happened to me twice earlier still trying to do my adventure haven't got in. Teleport dungeon and running to the zone in don't work either.

iannis

Musty Nester
If that's the same bug from beta, which I'm sure it is, there is no fix. You have to log out, the leader has to groupkick you, and you log back in. If the leader groupkicks you while you're still online you'll have to relog anyway, it still fucks you up.

Or if it's a preform everyone exits while you're relogging and everyone has to walk in (sometimes you'll be ok if you q in again... sometimes not).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah, didn't realize it restricted that much.
IMO They do need to let up on the Guest Pass restrictions. I totally understand the queue time priority during heavy usage and thank Zeus for the chat restrictions but the rest? Maybe the money limitation is... ok ? And they could certainly let them join guilds just force them to a "Guest Pass rank" so you can easily track who to kick if they don't subscribe after 7 days.

They also need a dungeon that you can do as early as lvl 5-10 and it needs to have 3 difficulty modes instead of the normal 2 (normal/veteran). It should have introduction(easy), normal, and veteran. Introduction's only purpose should be to show off the cool shit and potentially crazy deadly stuff they can do with dungeons. It should be a show off of their dungeon/boss making talents. Rewards would all be cosmetic/housing items and titles for higher difficulties.

People should walk out of that dungeon with "holy shit that was cool!" and "Wow I want to see what else is out there and can I pull of the higher difficulties if I try harder..!?"

Make it funny. Deliberately put pillows on all of the bosses hands. Make loud caretaker remarks pop out with huge arrows that pop out and point to someone who dies from standing in the red (for the intro dungeon) that are funny. Make the dungeon out of deadly rainbows and teddy bears but make it funny, cool, and hilarious and it is all people will talk about.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Veteran adventures are so buggy that the bugs have bugs. They should have just disabled War of the Wilds until it is properly fixed and designed. I can't even fathom the thought process that went into developing and testing that instance.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only one I have ran into a bug for is Tempest, where you can't talk to the NPCs and lead them to a flag to guard, which stops the entire thing and you have to abandon and start over. Other then that, never had a issue with war, crimelords or malgrave. That's with a lot of runs of all of them.