Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit do I agree!~~

Ive got a Stalker Tank friend on Widow server (and yes, its "/whisper[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */" for cross server) and he was tanking for me last night for the first time since he got 50 (green and blues!!!). His ass WOULD NOT die. Seriously. Take Stormtalon, the boss, for example. Even after 10+ attempts, it was only ever him and I that would make it to the boss for interrupts and each time, he would not only live through that (Since you have to break 4 armor, altogether 5? and I would die), but make it into the next phase (eye of the storm) without anyone healing him, tanking the boss. The other tanks Ive had in comparison (havent had any guild tanks yet, dont throw a tantrum) get hit like Trucks. The Stalker needs a small nerf and the rest of the tanks need a buff imo.
Whoa WTF, you can cross-server group?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was wondering why I couldnt explore that area in the middle of .. Grimvault? With the yellow/golden walls above the "Secret Alcove" quest.

I'm a warrior tank. Really don't understand the consternation at the moment. While we're not obviously broken like the Stalker right now I never have any agro problems(T5 Polarity, T8 Menacing, T8 kick, no atomic spear or jolt). I'm at roughly 40k hp and 1400 support power and I've yet to run into much of anything that can kill me, even double pulls of that annoying Skullcano trash that hits like a truck. Once they nerf the other two a little warrior should be fine. My primary concern right now is strikethrough, which I lose every time I get an "upgrade" and turns random deflects at the beginning of fights into problems. Warriors are also arguably the best speed run tank because if you have a dps warrior as well it's perma-powerlink and we can cycle through 3 interrupts every 17 seconds.
But you skimmed over the part where I said greens and blues. I think he has like 32khp or something? You're obviously not a fresh 50. lol

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone still got a few euro guest passes lying around? Myself and two buddies would like to try it out, but the mandatory box purchase gave us a big WTF. Talk about counterproductive business practices.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Don't bother going to the official forums for any useful information. The General Discussion forum looks topic for topic, word for word identical to the TESO forum. The sheer amount of whining and complaining about Wildstar makes me wonder if a large segment of the MMO players community is capable of having fun in any MMO.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Don't bother going to the official forums for any useful information. The General Discussion forum looks topic for topic, word for word identical to the TESO forum. The sheer amount of whining and complaining about Wildstar makes me wonder if a large segment of the MMO players community is capable of having fun in any MMO.
The community there is toxic as fuck. Nothing but bitching about bugs, talking about how the game is dying, how everyone is un-subbing, etc. Honestly it's hard to read through.

I mean, I know the game has problems, but Christ.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That goes for any main mmo game forum for the past 10 yrs, if not longer. Stay away if you dont want to feel bad.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe i missed it, but do you go for T8 Soothe? Or T4 and T4 Mind over Body? Or something completely different?

I am running with T8 soothe, but I am not sure if it's a good decision over a T4/T4 split (thought I have to use MoB rarely).
Depends really. Talking about dungeons, no clue about raids, but if all you do is running with very good dps that take little healing, T8 Soothe, T8 Banner, T4 Reverie. Adjust as you see fit, MoB is good as it is, T4 can be arguably decent, but I consider MoB emergency stuff and I don't use it so often, Soothe... yeah I pretty much spam it unless damage is super low and I'm at 5 psi already, in which case, I spam it a little less often.
A guildmate esper heals a lot with MoB and Soothe and never with Banner, he does fine, so I think it's a matter of preference. As I said, if dps are good, mobs die faster, focus is not a concern, group wide damage is less of a concern... it gets a LOT easier.
I'll level up a tank, but I wouldn't mind to heal in raids in the future, should be hella fun.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Official message boards have always been and will always be shit. FFS i've seen threads bitching about having to click your authenticator number instead of typing. It never dawns on people why they might be doing that way and just cry about it. They are also the first people to get hacked then cry about shitty security.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of the game, has there been any word on how it's doing so far? I'm sure a lot of people have left, as that happens with every MMO. But I wonder if it'll have a stable player base in a month or two?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Speaking of the game, has there been any word on how it's doing so far? I'm sure a lot of people have left, as that happens with every MMO. But I wonder if it'll have a stable player base in a month or two?
I'd wager it's doing far better than TESO and far worse than Blizzard's coming expansion.

That's all you really need to know at this point.

I feel like if anything I see MORE people every day.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'd wager it's doing far better than TESO and far worse than Blizzard's coming expansion.

That's all you really need to know at this point.
Isn't it usually the same with WoW expansions, though? People come back when the expansion comes out, they do everything, get bored, and leave again? That's usually what I did.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The CREDD system can be a hard factor to calculate when it comes to the games success but I think it lowers the height needed to be a "success". Whatever that means. We do know from guest passes are in pretty high demand. We have seen more then 50 used in this thread alone.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The CREDD system can be a hard factor to calculate when it comes to the games success but I think it lowers the height needed to be a "success". Whatever that means. We do know from guest passes are in pretty high demand. We have seen more then 50 used in this thread alone.
I am not sure I will ever sub to this game officially, I have been buying credd and am about to purchase my 4th month. I think there are already people with 12 months purchased.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I got my Esper to 19 yesterday. Just doing quests in the 2nd zone and I realized I'm doing quest 2-3 levels beneath me. Fuck how did that happen.

Also, fuck AMPs. I want BINGO or one of those tier 2 assault amps and they are either 50g or 1 plat or higher. dafq

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I got my Esper to 19 yesterday. Just doing quests in the 2nd zone and I realized I'm doing quest 2-3 levels beneath me. Fuck how did that happen.

Also, fuck AMPs. I want BINGO or one of those tier 2 assault amps and they are either 50g or 1 plat or higher. dafq
Bingo sucks apparently so don't sweat that one. There is only a few you can't get through the rep vendors but some you do have to wait for (I need Follow Through ~1-2p and Healing Touch ~80g) I have all the others.