Will Smith n Oscar Town

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
a lot of dumb shit happens at these award shows that are obviously not staged, most common is people getting fucking trashed and saying or doing dumb shit when they win. sometimes stupid celebs will virtue signal to the extreme, like Marlon Brando sennding some dumb bitch in an injun outfit to accept his award to bring attention to injun issues. now that the jogger percentage has increased, so will the violence.
Why did he put his face forward and then turn his head right before getting slapped

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

A full statement from the Los Angeles Police Department reads: “LAPD investigative entities are aware of an incident between two individuals during the Academy Awards program. The incident involved one individual slapping another. The individual involved has declined to file a police report. If the involved party desires a police report at a later date, LAPD will be available to complete an investigative report.”
that was always going to be the outcome regarding the police. NO WAY chris rock was going to press charges. he gets to be called "professional" for letting it slide, while also getting to make a bunch of jokes about it after it leaves the news reel

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
He is already one highest paid actors around and has been since VERY early on, he literally said his mission starting out was to get near Tom Cruise level money or pass. Maybe I just dont like the guy, but I havent seen anything he has made in the past decade or so. IMDB shows him with a dozen projects pending but all of them as an EP.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ian Bohen Discussion GIF by Yellowstone

.... No one is talking about Joe Biden trying to start WW3 for the next 5 days.

season 4 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls
hsjtkk.gif

j00t

Why did he put his face forward and then turn his head right before getting slapped
watch his posture. the moment will gets on stage, rock stops moving. he says "uh oh!" jokingly and then leans forward (typical fight or flight response). he doesn't know what will is going to do but he wants to be prepared. also, rock continues to kind of awkwardly chuckle, so you can assume that will's face wasn't overly aggressive, which matches will's body language. at which point will closes the distance and goes for a sucker punch (slap). as quickly as rock is able to react to the sucker slap, he attempts to dodge but isn't fully able to do so. the brunt of will's open hand probably gets deflected off rock's shoulder before it hits his face which is why it doesn't sound right.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe he thought Smith was going to do something goofy and not slap him like a little girl.
see how he's laughing after?
iu

me neither. i dont see him instinctively curl his hand into a fist either.

• 1Like

j00t

you know what, homsar... you win. it was staged. it was all fake.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
He is already one highest paid actors around and has been since VERY early on, he literally said his mission starting out was to get near Tom Cruise level money or pass. Maybe I just dont like the guy, but I havent seen anything he has made in the past decade or so. IMDB shows him with a dozen projects pending but all of them as an EP.
His last good flick was in 2012.

Tom Cruise must be worth a mint by now. He hasn't dropped a clanger in a long time.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Over / under on Chris Rock being one of the dudes Jada Fucked who she told Will was better than him?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He turns his head because he realizes Smith is about to fucking hit him you moron.

Also Rock does need to be fluid in case it's a bit-- although you can clearly tell by the expression on Rock's face as Smith approaches, that it was NOT a bit.

But as presenter, he needs to try to stay fluid and play through it.

After it landed, with the swearing after, it was clear to any bystander it was not a bit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users