Will Smith n Oscar Town

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't generally like American stand-up comedy as it is but Amy Shumer is the reverse of funny. It's not that you can't make a joke ribbing on the guests but the her vibe for it is all wrong. How you make the joke is what makes it work or not. She's like that dumb kid in school that repeats someone else's joke but gets the punchline wrong. It's just painful to watch and horribly unfunnny.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I mean, it's an award ceremony, not a stand-up show, no?

Why do they need to make non-stop jokes? If a presenter has a good idea for a cool quip occasionally to shake things up, fine. But generally speaking .... just present nominees, why they are nominated, etc?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know where you're going with this. A lot of people think it's staged

The last person to argue against the entire forum whilst they're telling him he is wrong was LachiusTZ LachiusTZ who thought The Wire was woke, and he no longer posts here due to the shame

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting Chris Rock onboard to say it was staged for a huge premium fee is the best way to get this under the rug and out of sight.

Sevens

Log Wizard
You can take the jogger out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of the jogger

#revokewillsoscar

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1648467921207.png

Love the looks on the onlookers' faces here

1648468372054.png

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Will Smith was in a movie last year? All I recall of him is being on some tv show crying about being a cuck
He played Serena/Venus Williams' father.

It's notable for SJWs attacking an example of a present and good father, claiming that a man was elevated above his successful children by having the movie be made about and named after him.

The Williams sisters told then to fuck off because it was their own vanity project they were producing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean, it's an award ceremony, not a stand-up show, no?

Why do they need to make non-stop jokes? If a presenter has a good idea for a cool quip occasionally to shake things up, fine. But generally speaking .... just present nominees, why they are nominated, etc?
Because it's boring.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Stand up comedians across the western world now are fearing for their safety. They make one wrong comment about an audience member and its open season for go time.

I'm ok with this since most stand up comics suck ass, no talent hacks, they talk about white people, gender confusion, or their unfunny gay lives.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Chris Rock missed a golden opportunity to do his I Hate Joggers rant after that.

Anyway, that is one way to get people talking about the Oscars though.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users